• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I must get a gold name.... I must......

Anyways, thanks for all the work you have put into this Kainzo and other helpers. :)

Journal #4:
Initial testing of the karma system. The system now yields karma for PVP death/kills and logs them to a DB.​
la2aEtq.png
Journal #5:
We now have overhead names colorizing when you change karma for good/bad - murders will have RED, good will have BLUE. Max good will have GOLD.​
9vlK7Ys.png

With the karma system if people are going to be able to rate you they could always just say bad

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
With the karma system if people are going to be able to rate you they could always just say bad
it's not a rating system. It's definable by the killing you do.

Let me give you an example:

Player A, B and C are all newbs, they have 0 karma.
Player A kills B, A now has -10 karma (evil) and B has 0 karma (neutral).
Player C kills A, C now has 10 karma (good) and A still has -10 karma (evil).
Player B kills C, B now has instead of -10 but rather -12 karma for killing someone good.

Get it? It's more so of a system that defines whether you kill evil doers (like those raiders who constantly kill those noobs) or kill good people. The nametag coloring have a meaning as mentioned.

dalton10

A frightening Cactus!
Lols someone heads to max evil, and kills all the other evil to get to max good, must add this new Achievement for those guys :p

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I think this may have been covered, but I don't actually remember getting any solid info on this: What actual gameplay effects will result from your karma rating?

Xilox

Iron
We love the work the Herocraft team does for the community of the server. This is one of the great adds they have make.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think this may have been covered, but I don't actually remember getting any solid info on this: What actual gameplay effects will result from your karma rating?
There will be no immediate combat effects.

There will be positive and negative modifiers. These modifiers will be be ranging from more EXP loss, possible coin leech on kill, etc. (They are not set in stone)

Zrock1013

Retired Staff
Sounds Awesome!!! Karma is an awesome addition that improves the whole RP side of the server. It gives the good guys a target and the bad guys have the evil recognition they so deserve!

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe the name color should be orange for those who are "slightly" evil, and red for those who are "max" evil. I am advocating this as an "evil" player from an "evil" town. (All this really means is that I kill indiscriminately.)

You may think: "We don't want to encourage players to be 'evil'". However, with the karma system as it has been communicated, there's no real distinction between killing a n00b and killing an experienced player with a neutral karma. Moreover, killing a "good" player as an "evil" player will yield bad karma also. If you want RP to increase, you shouldn't really discourage "evil" players from killing "good" (or even "neuteral") players.

With this balance in mind, you should give "evil" players some type of benefit (even if it's just a different color for maxing evil karma). "Good" player will already have some nice in-game effects, as well as a gold name if they "max" good karma. Evil players won't really have anything - not even some distinction if they "max" evil karma.

it's not a rating system. It's definable by the killing you do.

Let me give you an example:

Player A, B and C are all newbs, they have 0 karma.
Player A kills B, A now has -10 karma (evil) and B has 0 karma (neutral).
Player C kills A, C now has 10 karma (good) and A still has -10 karma (evil).
Player B kills C, B now has instead of -10 but rather -12 karma for killing someone good.

Get it? It's more so of a system that defines whether you kill evil doers (like those raiders who constantly kill those noobs) or kill good people. The nametag coloring have a meaning as mentioned.

thanks for clearing that up that will whelp me alot

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
As far as Karma color, here's what I suggest:

Max Evil -> Evil -> Neutral -> Good -> Max Good
(red -> light_red -> light_gray -> aqua -> dark_aqua)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
As far as Karma color, here's what I suggest:

(red -> light_red -> light_gray -> aqua -> dark_aqua)

I think the problem is that you are not going to be able to tell the difference on the fly

Something with some easy to see variance.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the problem is that you are not going to be able to tell the difference on the fly

Something with some easy to see variance.
Yeah, you're probably right - Personally, I can easily determine which color is which just like that *Snaps*, but for those that can't, what you said would probably be better.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, you're probably right - Personally, I can easily determine which color is which just like that *Snaps*, but for those that can't, what you said would probably be better.
Currently the plugin will show players with the following coloring depending on levels. (there are 4 levels of evil and 4 levels of good).

MostEvil Evil3 Evil2 Evil1 Neutral Good1 Good2 Good3 MaxGood

That's about it, remember, we're somewhat limited with the Minecraft colors provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.