• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Assume nothing ;) @Alator / @Danda tested Piggify and they could not reproduce that.
I could only reproduce it when holding a saddle and using it on the pig then getting off it. Otherwise I was unable.

However I need to test this but if you strike the pig with a skill it counts as damage taken and dismounts.

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
For our new members, /ch h4 balance, is our personal channel, do not give this channel out to anyone besides who is on the balance team or I will remove you from the team.

Remember to keep track of our forum section, and update everyone on our section of the forums with your work/ideas. If you need to test on the server let me know and I will get you the classes/money/items/whatever you need. We will be given assignments from Alator for direct work, when we have no direct assignments feel free to keep testing anything you feel needs looked at, just make sure you keep us posted so we can comment on your ideas or have it put in by Alator.

When it comes to commenting, I don't want to hear anything being directed or taken personally. This is not the place to try and see who's got the bigger dick on the forums, so keep that shit to yourselves. The criticism from this team will help shape the classes of Herocraft, so take it a little seriously, but remember to have fun with this.

If you have any questions feel free to talk to me in game, or message me on the forums and I will get back to you.

I want everyone to comment back on this thread saying you have read this post, that way I know you are tagged on this thread and so you know what is expected of each of you.

@adioshoes78 @Howbadisbad @ShizzDawgg @macura1
I know what is expected of me

macura

Diamond
For our new members, /ch h4 balance, is our personal channel, do not give this channel out to anyone besides who is on the balance team or I will remove you from the team.

Remember to keep track of our forum section, and update everyone on our section of the forums with your work/ideas. If you need to test on the server let me know and I will get you the classes/money/items/whatever you need. We will be given assignments from Alator for direct work, when we have no direct assignments feel free to keep testing anything you feel needs looked at, just make sure you keep us posted so we can comment on your ideas or have it put in by Alator.

When it comes to commenting, I don't want to hear anything being directed or taken personally. This is not the place to try and see who's got the bigger dick on the forums, so keep that shit to yourselves. The criticism from this team will help shape the classes of Herocraft, so take it a little seriously, but remember to have fun with this.

If you have any questions feel free to talk to me in game, or message me on the forums and I will get back to you.

I want everyone to comment back on this thread saying you have read this post, that way I know you are tagged on this thread and so you know what is expected of each of you.

I have read the post and fully understand the expectations.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
Good lord, Chant takes 200hp to cast right now.

20120927191527.png

Please, reverse this change @Kainzo, chant is not even worth using to heal yourself or allies anymore.
Yourself, because you are casting for 3 seconds to heal for 150, allies because you are putting yourself at great risk by blowing 200 of your own hp, and not having any reliable ways to keep yourself alive.

EDIT: Tested this more on the regular server, this chant change has gimped BM soooo badly. I go low hp even when I rarely get hit during a fight. Anything with a ranged attack completely obliterates me because I can't heal it, and I'm constantly hurting myself.

I feel like constrict is pretty balanced now, I am not running around for a long time waiting for my spells to come off cooldown while my opponent is walking toward me at a snail's pace. I can cast the spells I need and go straight back to kiting.

Suggested changes:
Reduce the damage taken on chant back to 50.
Reduce the damage taken on souleech to 1. (significantly improves combat performance of BM's pre 40 and Dreadknights don't lose 50 hp to cast this and they are in tank gear)

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Howbadisbad

Bloodmage is not a Damage based class, and it is not even close to being related to Dreadknight. Just because they have the same spells does not mean that they are ment to function the same. You need to learn the roles and functions of each class. Now, I have no idea where that Chant change came from, 200 is far too much. However you do not need to take this change so personally just because you are playing the class. Relax, and we can sort it out, however saying its bad a dozen times does nothing except annoy us.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
Bloodmage's intended function is to completely shut down a single target and provide limited healing support and moderate damage when I look at the skills.

I was just saying the chant changes broke the class.

I never asked for more damage anywhere. Not sure where you even got that from.

ShizzDawgg

Godly

Yeah, I know of the thread. Been really busy with school shit this week, and I have an sat prep class tomorrow, but I'll try and be on a shit load tonight and on Sunday to confer about what I personally find overpowered and means of changing it.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
However I need to test this but if you strike the pig with a skill it counts as damage taken and dismounts.

This I have found pretty grieving on the last few raids I went on. However, I believe that if a target takes any form of damage while cc'd they should have whatever cc effect is on them wear off.

I have found what I would consider to be a bug. If I piggify someone, and they use any sort of damaging skill on me, then my piggify wears off. I can't remember who it was... It might have been @macura1 who told me that this was intended. I don't think this is intended, correct me if I'm wrong. Piggify is a crowd control skill. Crowd control skills in mmorpgs generally snare, stun, or slow the target. The only way that people should be able to remove the cc is either:
1) Take some form of damage.
2) Dispel whatever cc is on them i.e. escape artist, chakra, etc.

I don't believe that piggify should wear off simply because a samurai bleed managed to tick the second I piggify my target. Just my input on the subject.

macura

Diamond
This I have found pretty grieving on the last few raids I went on. However, I believe that if a target takes any form of damage while cc'd they should have whatever cc effect is on them wear off.

I have found what I would consider to be a bug. If I piggify someone, and they use any sort of damaging skill on me, then my piggify wears off. I can't remember who it was... It might have been @macura1 who told me that this was intended. I don't think this is intended, correct me if I'm wrong. Piggify is a crowd control skill. Crowd control skills in mmorpgs generally snare, stun, or slow the target. The only way that people should be able to remove the cc is either:

I don't believe that piggify should wear off simply because a samurai bleed managed to tick the second I piggify my target. Just my input on the subject.
Root works in the same way.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand

Pig should wear off due to bleeds, making sure no hits the person you are throwing a mez onto encourages teamwork and communication, but you shouldn't be able to use a skill that damages yourself to break it.[DOUBLEPOST=1348947476,1348875511][/DOUBLEPOST]@Kainzo
ETA on BM chant fix?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Pig should wear off due to bleeds, making sure no hits the person you are throwing a mez onto encourages teamwork and communication, but you shouldn't be able to use a skill that damages yourself to break it.[DOUBLEPOST=1348947476,1348875511][/DOUBLEPOST]@Kainzo
ETA on BM chant fix?

Howbad, you need to keep your questions to the correct people, either myself of Alator. Kainzo doesn't need to be constantly reminded of something he currently wants to keep.

Changing Constrict & increasing chant's cost (health wise) to make it more of a (other) health.
Code:
Constrict:
  use-text: '%hero% used %skill% on %target%!'
  max-distance: 13
  speed-multiplier: 2
  duration: 7000

Please keep current on official changes and once you make the suggestion, wait for discussion. Patients is key, you have made your point, if you keep pressing it this frequent you become annoying, not helpful.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Kainzo

@macura1 and I went and tested the Paladin skills out, here what we came up with.

Reckoning - Current range of 10 blocks, change to 7. Currently instant cast, change to .5-1 second warmup (.5 if possible).

DivineStune - No real change needed.

Conviction - No real change needed.

Health Pool - I'm a little conflicted on this, they are currently at 1144 max HP, Dreadknights come in second with 1085. If you are still planning on Paladins to become more Support based, I suggest lowering them to second highest health pool. If not, I would lower their max healt to 1100 for the time being. If you want to bump them down to second, I would change their health pool to 1050, 25 health about Dragoon, and 35 below Dreadknight.

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
Also i was testing flying kick and it seems it isn't very affective against the enemy and seems to be weak. i feel they should take at least go up 7 blocks.

macura

Diamond
Also i was testing flying kick and it seems it isn't very affective against the enemy and seems to be weak. i feel they should take at least go up 7 blocks.

Are you suggesting that it have its range increased to 7 or by 7 blocks? Both of these seem very high to be honest i believe that the range on rogue spec kicks are around 3 or 4 blocks (correct me if i am wrong).

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
Acctually it is a Deciple skill i believe and they go up 5 blocks but i beleve adding an additional two blocks would even out the offense damage for the decibel.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I'd like to suggest that Dreadknights have the harmtouch skill removed. No tanky class should EVER have more than 1 gap closer(harmtouch and empathy). Seeing as they are the 2nd tankiest class in the game, have a fair amount of sustained damage from dots, and 2 nukes, I currently view them as overpowered. Anybody want to vouch for this?

c12095

Holy Shit!
I'd like to suggest that Dreadknights have the harmtouch skill removed. No tanky class should EVER have more than 1 gap closer(harmtouch and empathy). Seeing as they are the 2nd tankiest class in the game, have a fair amonut of sustained damage from dots, and 2 nukes, I currently view them as overpowered. Anybody want to vouch for this?

Vouch 100% but Harmtouch will never be removed, we talked about this Shizz :p Harmtouch isn't a gap closer, it's a straight nuke. Empathy is the only way Dreadknights can catch enemies. But I agree, combined a Dreadknight is near unstoppable, without one the DK is a great class. Which is why I hardly use Harmtouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.