• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

c12095

Holy Shit!
For our new members, /ch h4 balance, is our personal channel, do not give this channel out to anyone besides who is on the balance team or I will remove you from the team.

Remember to keep track of our forum section, and update everyone on our section of the forums with your work/ideas. If you need to test on the server let me know and I will get you the classes/money/items/whatever you need. We will be given assignments from Alator for direct work, when we have no direct assignments feel free to keep testing anything you feel needs looked at, just make sure you keep us posted so we can comment on your ideas or have it put in by Alator.

When it comes to commenting, I don't want to hear anything being directed or taken personally. This is not the place to try and see who's got the bigger dick on the forums, so keep that shit to yourselves. The criticism from this team will help shape the classes of Herocraft, so take it a little seriously, but remember to have fun with this.

If you have any questions feel free to talk to me in game, or message me on the forums and I will get back to you.

I want everyone to comment back on this thread saying you have read this post, that way I know you are tagged on this thread and so you know what is expected of each of you.

@adioshoes78 @Howbadisbad @ShizzDawgg @macura1

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I'll share here, some new skills are in the works, so be prepared to test them heavily when they are out. Also, if you feel Pyromancer is now good to go, we want to take another look at the functionality and purpose of the Paladin. What works on it? What doesn't? How do they function in group fights primarily, and what of theirs needs to be changed?

I'll look over your recommendations for Bloodmage. I need to play around with it myself as well; I don't know this class too well.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I'll share here, some new skills are in the works, so be prepared to test them heavily when they are out. Also, if you feel Pyromancer is now good to go, we want to take another look at the functionality and purpose of the Paladin. What works on it? What doesn't? How do they function in group fights primarily, and what of theirs needs to be changed?

I'll look over your recommendations for Bloodmage. I need to play around with it myself as well; I don't know this class too well.

I played paladin last map, the class is a great concept however when used it is only valuable in a few situations. In the pvp tournements Paladin was an invaluable asset, but for one reason only. They are forces to fight the Paladin to win, and Jo where to hide. If you are forced to fight a Paladin very few will make it out alive. In a normal environment paladins are fairly worthless unless you have a cornered target. Without the ability to make an enemy fight them they are fairly worthless. However, if granted that ability to make someone fight them they are a brick wall against the air flow. They need a damage reduction nerf, possibly endurance, but I think armor might also need a nerf. Other than that Paladins are fairly well balanced, but of course thats a big job to deal with on it's own.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
On another note, Beguilers and Bloodmage could use some work. Beguilers have far too much CC, Deepfreeze is really unnecessary for them to have ontop of Piggfy. Either the CD of both need to be largely increased, or one of them needs to go. Bloodmage constrict is way too powerful. A 15 second slow on a 20 second CD, along with their dots and Chant healing, they are fairly well unstoppable. Constrict needs a lower duration and possibly a higher CD, and something needs to be done about their healing, either lower healing, or higher mana cost.

Changing Constrict & increasing chant's cost (health wise) to make it more of a (other) health.
Code:
Constrict:
  use-text: '%hero% used %skill% on %target%!'
  max-distance: 13
  speed-multiplier: 2
  duration: 7000

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I played paladin last map, the class is a great concept however when used it is only valuable in a few situations. In the pvp tournements Paladin was an invaluable asset, but for one reason only. They are forces to fight the Paladin to win, and Jo where to hide. If you are forced to fight a Paladin very few will make it out alive. In a normal environment paladins are fairly worthless unless you have a cornered target. Without the ability to make an enemy fight them they are fairly worthless. However, if granted that ability to make someone fight them they are a brick wall against the air flow. They need a damage reduction nerf, possibly endurance, but I think armor might also need a nerf. Other than that Paladins are fairly well balanced, but of course thats a big job to deal with on it's own.
We've made 3 new skills for paladin.

Reckoning - AE forcepull with dmg and slow (need to adjust how much).
Conviction - Group buff for damage reduction for X seconds.
Supremacy - Group buff for damage increase for X seconds.

What skills should we remove for these and what should the duration be do you guys think?

c12095

Holy Shit!
We've made 3 new skills for paladin.

Reckoning - AE forcepull with dmg and slow (need to adjust how much).
Conviction - Group buff for damage reduction for X seconds.
Supremacy - Group buff for damage increase for X seconds.

What skills should we remove for these and what should the duration be do you guys think?

Reckoning- 75 dmg, 3 sec slow, 15-20% mana 20 sec cd
Conviction- 20% damage reduction for 7 seconds 10% mana, 15 second cd
Supremacy- 15-20% damage buff for 10-15 seconds, 10% mana, 20 second cd

I say remove Endurance, Manashield, and Revive. Are you trying to make Paladin more support? If so, perhaps a armor nerf in exchange for more mana regen/healing power?

Edit- I like the constrict change

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Someone informed me yesterday that there might be a glitch with the skill piggify and masspigify. Apparently if the person who is riding the pig right clicks the pig then i disappears. I have alot of HW tonight so i am not sure if i can get on to test this so if u guys have time test this out.
Test this before stating it - use the test server. The purpose for you to be on this team is that you provide us with VALID and TESTED feedback, not speculation - this goes for EVERYONE.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

I say remove Endurance, Manashield, and Revive. Are you trying to make Paladin more support? If so, perhaps a armor nerf in exchange for more mana regen/healing power?

I want to keep in Revive but it appears to be a semi-useless skill.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I want to keep in Revive but it appears to be a semi-useless skill.

If yur going support based I can see keeping revive, but it's pretty useless in most situations. Maybe mess with it a little, possibly a faster revive with a faster cooldown.

Also for Piggify, we tested it and you can remove the pig by right clicking it. I didn't report it because I think there was a bug report about it already.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If yur going support based I can see keeping revive, but it's pretty useless in most situations. Maybe mess with it a little, possibly a faster revive with a faster cooldown.

Also for Piggify, we tested it and you can remove the pig by right clicking it. I didn't report it because I think there was a bug report about it already.
Assume nothing ;) @Alator / @Danda tested Piggify and they could not reproduce that.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
@c12095

I Know what is expected of me.

Can you make me a dreadknight on the Test server? I need to see if they deal True damage or not with their skills. If so, they are basically casters in Diamond/Iron armor.

I also agree on the pally skills that should be removed, but disagree on your point that paladins are nearly unstoppable 1v1. Most caster classes have a good chance of beating a paladin 1v1 due to the fact that they can kite him till he dies, some can't however, mostly due to mana problems. (Wizard)

@Kainzo
Can you lower the hp cost of constrict back to 50 since it's duration was nerfed?

Assume nothing ;) @Alator / @Danda tested Piggify and they could not reproduce that.

I have done it multiple times without fail, including last night. I'll try to record it for you so you can see.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

I want this to be the ANTI-bard style buffs. Something that lasts longer?
Code:
Reckoning:
  use-text: '%hero% used %skill%!'
  damage: 75
  radius: 10
  duration: 3000
  slow-amount: 2

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Howbadisbad

Yes I can make you a dk, but I'll save you the time. Their spells are true damage.

On the note of Paladin, with shieldreflect casters kill themselves due to lower health pools.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I want this to be the ANTI-bard style buffs. Something that lasts longer?
Code:
Reckoning:
  use-text: '%hero% used %skill%!'
  damage: 75
  radius: 10
  duration: 3000
  slow-amount: 2

If your willing to sacrifice some armor and maybe a very small amount of health, I think I can come up with something more revolving around heavier anti bard.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
If you pay attention to chat you can avoid shieldreflect
In large battles this may be quite difficult though

What if we made shieldreflect a 5 second duration, but it only reflects melee damage, or nerf the magic damage reflected to 25-50% (like a better bladegrasp I guess), to give paladins more of a weakness to casters.

EDIT: Can't seem to do anything on the test world, Can't break blocks or move past 150 square.

c12095

Holy Shit!
If you pay attention to chat you can avoid shieldreflect
In large battles this may be quite difficult though

What if we made shieldreflect a 5 second duration, but it only reflects melee damage, or nerf the magic damage reflected to 25-50% (like a better bladegrasp I guess), to give paladins more of a weakness to casters.

EDIT: Can't seem to do anything on the test world, Can't break blocks or move past 150 square.

I can take care of that later today, the test world that is. As far as ShieldReflect, I think that if we leave it the same and go with Kainzo's idea of an Anti Bard, it will even the playing field a lot.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I can take care of that later today, the test world that is. As far as ShieldReflect, I think that if we leave it the same and go with Kainzo's idea of an Anti Bard, it will even the playing field a lot.
Well, I didnt mean an "anti-bard" class.. I meant the buff style will be opposite of Bard.

Status
Not open for further replies.