• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Domainoft

Coal
Is placing a bounty on someone who is busy, or afk for the sole purpose of killing them in a pve area permitted. Aka placing it on a shop keeper busy filling his shop in TD, or someone knee deep in slime goo in a dungeon.

To clarify, the person placing the bounty is also the person taking it and doing the killing. Basically using it to bully someone out of whatever they are doing, or attempt to pvp flag them without their noticing.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Is placing a bounty on someone who is busy, or afk for the sole purpose of killing them in a pve area permitted. Aka placing it on a shop keeper busy filling his shop in TD, or someone knee deep in slime goo in a dungeon.

To clarify, the person placing the bounty is also the person taking it and doing the killing. Basically using it to bully someone out of whatever they are doing, or attempt to pvp flag them without their noticing.
You can't accept a bounty you placed.

As for the other part I don't think it's written as a rule, but it could qualify as harassment. Really up to the mods or admins on that part.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8

You can't accept a bounty you placed.

As for the other part I don't think it's written as a rule, but it could qualify as harassment. Really up to the mods or admins on that part.
Perfectly legal. You have 10? Minutes before a bounty can be accepted. More than enough time to store your items or move to a safe location.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Perfectly legal. You have 10? Minutes before a bounty can be accepted. More than enough time to store your items or move to a safe location.
Just to clarify the standing on Afk things is "AFK at your own risk" correct?

stamping

Glowing Redstone
Writing internet e-bonics's on signs seems to be ok to get around the rules. Put two /pe's in about signs I've come across, been told "Is it grief" to the point that internet e-bonics's are allowed if the staff doesn't want to try and enforce that portion of the rules.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Writing internet e-bonics's on signs seems to be ok to get around the rules. Put two /pe's in about signs I've come across, been told "Is it grief" to the point that internet e-bonics's are allowed if the staff doesn't want to try and enforce that portion of the rules.
Errrr. Weird. @TimForReal

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

You seem to be stuck on this and acting out. The rules mainly pertain to chat. When I close a PE and ask you if it is grief, you sarcastically create another one trying to explain the rules to me. I'm not concerned with a sign someone has hung in their private residence that is causing no issues. Just move on, you're being petty.

Taking to the forums just comes off as being spiteful, feel free to PM me privately instead of publicly gallivanting.

stamping

Glowing Redstone
Sorry as far as I am aware. Rules are server wide, not chat only. Hence why I asked here. I dont tend to PM because I'd rather here from others on the matter and dont have anything to hide. I am not acting out, just wondering how server rules only seemed to be wishy washy, since I've had a mod tell me that one rule wasn't worth enforcing and then had this happen.

Hence why I took it to the forums and asked everyone about it. But since it's only a chat rule. We can all know about it now, rather than having it come up multiple times.

No internet e-bonics's in chat. Fair enough. Just asked why it was allowed on signs without you actually answernig the question. So please, do not accuse my ignorance to a rule that wasn't clarified anywhere in the rules as being chat only. When I made tickets about it, please answer it next time, hence why I remade the ticket.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Sorry as far as I am aware. Rules are server wide, not chat only. Hence why I asked here. I dont tend to PM because I'd rather here from others on the matter and dont have anything to hide. I am not acting out, just wondering how server rules only seemed to be wishy washy, since I've had a mod tell me that one rule wasn't worth enforcing and then had this happen.

Hence why I took it to the forums and asked everyone about it. But since it's only a chat rule. We can all know about it now, rather than having it come up multiple times.

No internet e-bonics's in chat. Fair enough. Just asked why it was allowed on signs without you actually answernig the question. So please, do not accuse my ignorance to a rule that wasn't clarified anywhere in the rules as being chat only. When I made tickets about it, please answer it next time, hence why I remade the ticket.

Just to point out, @TimForReal did state it was on a sign in a personal residence, not out in public. At one time, and unless it was changed, the e-bonics rule was enforceable on signs if they were in a town or public.

I seem to recall most chat rules were thrown out the window when in a personal chat channel as staff does not really moderate those.

Unless it was changed, and it might have by now, if the sign is in public I would still petition it.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8

The rule for no m3mes/internet e-bonics is literally under "Chat Rules", and states that is is prohibited in in-game chat channels, IRC, TeamSpeak, or the forums. I really don't understand how much more clear this can be.

A sign inside someone's home with a m3me on it is not harmful to other players. If it was racism or anything else harassing, we would be talking about a different issue here.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not about to punish someone for a sign in a private residence saying "much sign" posted by the owner. It's just trivial and causes no harm.

Domainoft

Coal

Agreed 10min is plenty of time, but its not always clear that a bounty has been placed upon you. Often times the notice goes un-missed, or you are just not concerned with them. Shouldn't the proximity of the dragon in TD give you some sense of peace to go about your business un-hassled.

Now that being said, It shouldn't be a refuge for those who deserve the bounties already placed upon them. I often wander how many players group up for such engagements, One play offers to place a bounty and another player offers to do the deed, paying back most of the bounty cost and keeping a head.

Just my thoughts. seems to me that bounties are mostly used to force pvp on players currently doing pve. Perhaps they aren't very skillful at fighting other pvpers and must resort to this sort of behavior, maybe raising the tax for placing a bounty would help stem them.

I'm open to suggestions?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Agreed 10min is plenty of time, but its not always clear that a bounty has been placed upon you. Often times the notice goes un-missed, or you are just not concerned with them. Shouldn't the proximity of the dragon in TD give you some sense of peace to go about your business un-hassled.

Now that being said, It shouldn't be a refuge for those who deserve the bounties already placed upon them. I often wander how many players group up for such engagements, One play offers to place a bounty and another player offers to do the deed, paying back most of the bounty cost and keeping a head.

Just my thoughts. seems to me that bounties are mostly used to force pvp on players currently doing pve. Perhaps they aren't very skillful at fighting other pvpers and must resort to this sort of behavior, maybe raising the tax for placing a bounty would help stem them.

I'm open to suggestions?

Again, AFK at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
Is it against the rules to lie about the rules? I have noticed veteran players recruiting new players to break rules their favor, i.e You can grief in this area. Like a crime boss shielding themselves from prosecution. I know hard to it's prove, but it does seem like a violation of some sort. I don't know . Maybe town and/ or clan leaders should, in some way, be held responsible for the actions of their constituents. Like fines or something.

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Is it against the rules to lie about the rules. I have noticed veteran players recruiting new players to break rules their favor, i.e You can grief in this area. Like a crime boss shielding themselves from prosecution. I know hard to it's prove, but it does seem like a violation of some sort. I don't know . Maybe town and/ or clan leaders should, in some way, be held responsible for the actions of their constituents. Like fines or something.
Both members would be held accountable. Message any proof of such to the Mods and Admins.

VidBeas

Dirt
I have a few questions regarding rules based on recent events which will be explained in this long story that many will either skim or not read at all.
First off, is bounty killing (aka Noob farming) allowed in PVE? Here's the story if you have the time to read it:
I had lag on my end and could not craft or break anything wihtout it rubberbanding, so I went and reset my router and immediately logged back on. When I logged back on, someone (was just standing there in my new house-in-construction. Said person then immediately proceeded to pelt me with magical arrows of fire and ice, I had no idea what was going on. I ran and was at half a heart when a miracle appeared, a small mine ditch in the middle of grass! I quickly hopped into it and started filling up behind me with my house materials (stone bricks). I kept going deeper and deeper til I thought I was safe. Then I heard something, stone being broken, and fast. I quickly went further down into the mine, (this was all while shift walking) and found a hard to find spot and waited for what seemed like 5 minutes.
Then, thinking that I was no longer marked for PVP, I did what any logical person being chased by a high level ranger would do, I warped to spawn thinking it was a protected safe haven like on all other servers, I was wrong. After waiting for about 15 seconds, I warped, "Whew, I successfully escaped for once!" I thought. Once in spawn, I turned around. Low and behold, guess who was waiting for me, 'said person'. I didn't catch his nametag originally so it took 3 seconds to register that said person had the same armor as my invasive attacker, and when it did register, I bolted and hid. Of course I didn't and couldn't go far, I was in spawn, so he killed me. I tried to warp back to spawn to at least get my stuff, but there was a 50 minute wait. So I did the next best thing I could do I walked, and walked and walked to /spawn only to find that it was hovering in the sky like a giant parade float, without any way to get up to it.
I asked around about what just happened, raging like any other newb who had his butt kicked in a seemingly unfair way, but on a much, much smaller scale. I asked around about what happened and people told me that I had a bounty. I had never done anything wrong on the server, being a noob and all. I then hear a user hear the term "noob farming", and judging that this is even a term, I realize that this must have been around a while. I do some research on the forums and see this chain of posts just like mine; http://herocraftonline.com/main/posts/454655/ and http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/illegal-killings-in-pve.57676/#post-454153 .
Which brings me to my queston: Is this REALLY allowed? And how did this even happen? (read OTHER NOTES below for facts I missed to say) I would like some clarification of this event. I mean no disrespect to anyone and hope not to get any disrespect aimed at me, which is why I named the attacker "said person" (I just like "said person" over "anonymous"). And I am very sorry about my tiny outrage, (its many questions with not alot of time in between each message to me, but its considered spamming to others) and I wish to make friends and continue playing on this server. But I just don't feel as though this is right.

OTHER NOTES: I checked /war at the time and it said that in PVE was DENIED at the time (not the specific text that came up, but ti did say PVE DENY in /war)
Also I saw no bounty notification and since my internet only took less than 4 minutes to reboot there is no way that a bounty could have been placed on me and accepted within those minutes since I read it takes 10 mins before someone can accept a bounty, but yet when I died I saw a bounty collected notification for me, yet no bounty was seen to be set on me prior to the internet reset.
And lastly another rule I have a question about is can people grief my area if I have not yet had the chance to protect it? Im talking about placed blocks, not including containers.

Thanks to whoever reads this whole thing and replies to me. I wish I could make it not a story, but I just couldnt put what my real basic question was into words, so instead I typed out my whole entire event. BTW I would do paragraphs/ indents but my tab button does not indent, and the % spaces I put in front of the new paragraph do not show up.

P.S. Now afraid to get onto the server and am looking to find/join a noob town.

Thanks - Vid

Last edited:

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Yea, when you are bountied you are vulnerable to pvp anywhere. You can use /bounty list to check the current bounties, and hc.to/bounty has the basic bounty commands and rules. Sorry for your misfortune, but it's part of the game. Herocraft aim's for no player to ever feel 100% safe, and this has positive and negative effects for all players. I've been bountied for the past few weeks, and its just become something I have to kinda work around haha. It does make trips to the trading district MUCH more interesting XD.

In terms of grief, hc.to/rules lists them pretty clearly. If you think someone has griefed you based on those rules, then just use "/pe open I have been griefed" at the location of the grief.

You can check the township forums if you are still searching for a town, and that will give you a good idea of who is recruiting.

Feel free to ask more questions you have, or you can always shoot me a PM. Good luck and have fun :D

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
I have a question about Region Abuse.

Some stuff like using Pistons to move blocks/Open a path into the region counts as abuse.

But is it region abuse too if you:
1. see there is a lift inside the region and you place one above/below it to get inside?
2. see there is an iron door but the block in front of the door isnt protected so you can place a lever/redstone torch/whatever to get in?