• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Theshadown

Stone
Hey, I'm new and want some clarification over a couple rules. I'm pretty sure this was answered somewhere but reading 28 pages of random questions is a bit much.

1- Is there a list of grifeable blocks? For instance, If I found a house made of diamond blocks, can I take them as loot and replace them with cobble? (hope the answer is yes, otherwise the protection systems are quite meaningless).
2- The same as above but with armor stands and utility blocks (ie, enchanting tables, redstone machinery).
3- Plz explain the "redstone circuits need admin approval". Something simple like a piston door with a repeater and a pressure plate needs approval? how can I get it? doesn't this mean that the engineer class is.... a pain in the .... to use? (I know redstone causes lag if miss used)
Edit:
4- Do the griefing rules apply for unprotected structures? any player made structure out there is to be left as is even if I need the blocks it is made of?

Thx in advance.

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey, I'm new and want some clarification over a couple rules. I'm pretty sure this was answered somewhere but reading 28 pages of random questions is a bit much.

1- Is there a list of grifeable blocks? For instance, If I found a house made of diamond blocks, can I take them as loot and replace them with cobble? (hope the answer is yes, otherwise the protection systems are quite meaningless).
2- The same as above but with armor stands and utility blocks (ie, enchanting tables, redstone machinery).
3- Plz explain the "redstone circuits need admin approval". Something simple like a piston door with a repeater and a pressure plate needs approval? how can I get it? doesn't this mean that the engineer class is.... a pain in the .... to use? (I know redstone causes lag if miss used)
Edit:
4- Do the griefing rules apply for unprotected structures? any player made structure out there is to be left as is even if I need the blocks it is made of?

Thx in advance.
1 - yes, they are listed on hc.to/rules
2 - as above
3 - red stone circuit is something that continuously operates or operated without a player, these are the type of machines that require approval. Pressing a button to open a door or activate a trap is not considered a circuit.
4 - griefing rules apply to all claimed structures

Theshadown

Stone
1 - yes, they are listed on hc.to/rules
2 - as above
3 - red stone circuit is something that continuously operates or operated without a player, these are the type of machines that require approval. Pressing a button to open a door or activate a trap is not considered a circuit.
4 - griefing rules apply to all claimed structures
Thx for the fast answer.
About 1 and 2. I read that before posting but it is not clear. It doesn't give any list. I don't want to force my interpretation. Could you clarify it plz?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thx for the fast answer.
About 1 and 2. I read that before posting but it is not clear. It doesn't give any list. I don't want to force my interpretation. Could you clarify it plz?
Diamond, emerald, mossy stone and crcked stone brick are the current list I believe.

Theshadown

Stone
Diamond, emerald, mossy stone and crcked stone brick are the current list I believe.
Thx. That's good to know.
What about metals, block of coal and redstone? they may not be diamonds but they are still valuable.
Should I assume no redstone part (piston, repeaters etc) can be looted??

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thx. That's good to know.
What about metals, block of coal and redstone? they may not be diamonds but they are still valuable.
Should I assume no redstone part (piston, repeaters etc) can be looted??
There's a difference between looted and broken. Rare blocks can be broken and stolen. Where as anything can be looted (taken out of chests).
Don't go around breaking blocks just cause they seem valuable.

Theshadown

Stone
There's a difference between looted and broken. Rare blocks can be broken and stolen. Where as anything can be looted (taken out of chests).
Don't go around breaking blocks just cause they seem valuable.
Yeah, sorry. I know anything can be "looted" from chest I was talking about breaking.
Ok, I don't like the idea of having non decorative blocks grief protected but this is not the place to argue that.
If u can confirm the list there then I'm done asking.
Thx.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, sorry. I know anything can be "looted" from chest I was talking about breaking.
Ok, I don't like the idea of having non decorative blocks grief protected but this is not the place to argue that.
If u can confirm the list there then I'm done asking.
Thx.
The list stated in hc.to/rules is: Diamond blocks, Emerald Blocks, Mossy & Cracked Stone. No other blocks may be broken and stolen.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Seeking clarification on what's stealing and what's griefing, please, @Admins :
  • taking armor stands, enchanting tables, brewing stands, cauldrons - these are all griefing, yes?
  • taking item frames - this is griefing, yes?
  • taking items out of item frames but leaving the frame - is this griefing or stealing?
Thanks.

@xCiusana @MalaWolf @Eligof

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Seeking clarification on what's stealing and what's griefing, please, [USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP] :
  • taking armor stands, enchanting tables, brewing stands, cauldrons - these are all griefing, yes?
  • taking item frames - this is griefing, yes?
  • taking items out of item frames but leaving the frame - is this griefing or stealing?
Thanks.

@xCiusana @MalaWolf @Eligof

All of what you mentioned is grief.

Mattmonkey64

Stone
Me and My friends are working on a plan to build a flying machine out of pistons, slime blocks and the like. Would this be Breaking any role-play rules? Also we might end up using it as a siege machine. Just Checking
-
8-8

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Me and My friends are working on a plan to build a flying machine out of pistons, slime blocks and the like. Would this be Breaking any role-play rules? Also we might end up using it as a siege machine. Just Checking
-
8-8
I believe any huge Redstone creations are not allowed as they cause server lag. But you can try to talk with an admin to see if your Redstone system is allowed.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I believe any huge Redstone creations are not allowed as they cause server lag. But you can try to talk with an admin to see if your Redstone system is allowed.
My understanding is only clocks/purposful lag machines are directly not allowed.
All other redstone is "legal"

By that I mean at any time and Admin or Kain can say it has to be removed.

-
8-8
I suggest doing what white said and talking to an admin.

Mattmonkey64

Stone
Yeah don't worry we are just planning on the most basic design possible. Partly because its survival and we need red stone to warp and partly because all of us suck at any form of advanced circuitry.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Also on the point of it being a floating structure - that is acceptable, but it just needs to have a logical / lore reason for it being floating - not just being a box off the ground etc.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
Where is the line drawn for the very first chat rule :
  • Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
Also where can you go report harassment at?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
  • Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
It's too vague for a line to uniformly draw .
If you think someone breaks this, screenshot it and start a PM with the Admins/Mods of your choice (obviousky the active ones).

You can also check if anyone with mute perms is in game (Proctor, Me, Mod+) and they can watch the person a bit more closely. And if needed take temporary action.

*As tim has stated /ignore is a thing for a reason.

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

This is a bit of a tricky one, it's more of a clause written to be used by staff who find certain forms of chat unwelcome.

Typically, if a player is harassing you - Please use /ignore