• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I have a question about Region Abuse.

Some stuff like using Pistons to move blocks/Open a path into the region counts as abuse.

But is it region abuse too if you:
1. see there is a lift inside the region and you place one above/below it to get inside?
2. see there is an iron door but the block in front of the door isnt protected so you can place a lever/redstone torch/whatever to get in?
1. Most likely, but it could also be chunk errors so probably not enforceable much.
2. Nope

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
okay one more. Is it grief when a town member (not owner) randomly breaks stuff in town without the order/permission to do it?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I have a question about Region Abuse.

Some stuff like using Pistons to move blocks/Open a path into the region counts as abuse.

But is it region abuse too if you:
1. see there is a lift inside the region and you place one above/below it to get inside?
2. see there is an iron door but the block in front of the door isnt protected so you can place a lever/redstone torch/whatever to get in?

1. Yes that's abusing lifts to gain access to a region you should not of have been able to - to begin with.
2. No that's the person being a newbie. There's an LWC flag to disable that stuff, and you can LWC the door.

okay one more. Is it grief when a town member (not owner) randomly breaks stuff in town without the order/permission to do it?

note: with previous maps, this wasn't possible because of parent/child regions being how towns were handled and mayors having powers to create regions (and being trusted to do so.) obviously, as the maps progressed people kept abusing their powers and so we now have the currently convoluted system vs. a simple system.

3. Yes if the mayor/owners say it is grief. Don't break anything you weren't given permission to.

Last edited:

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
So i dont have to be scared getting online some morning and see everything griefed by a new member and cant do anything against it. ty

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
My understanding is that town mayors have the /prism block check so they can checking themselves for grief and stealing within their towns.

So if they find grief by a town member, they can petition to have the perpetrator dealt with as a griefer - is this correct?

@TheManiac23 @Trazil @xexorian

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Does /prism have any sub-commands that accompany it or is it the only command we can use as town mayors? For instance, I can't seem to access more than the first page of actions regarding the block in question.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
/pr i
<hit block>
/pr page 2
/pr page 3
So on and so fourth.

There are other commands, but I don't think any others are accessible to players, not that I've dug further than toggling and page scrolling to check.

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello all,

I would like some clarification on 'bounty rigging' and what is illegal/legal.

Scenario 1:
* Is it against the rules, for Person A to teleport Person B to kill Person C? For example, let's say there is a bounty on Person C. Can Person A teleport other people to kill/collect the bounty? [Let's assume Person A is not the one who placed the bounty]

Scenario 2:
* It is my understanding the you cannot collect your own bounty. Can you have a friend or ally collect the bounty? For example, Person A puts a bounty on Person B. Then Person A contacts Person C and Person C kills B and collects the bounty.

Scenario 3:
* Is it legal to keep killing someone but not collect the bounty? For example, if Person A puts a bounty on Person B, and then A continues to kill B constantly, without collecting bounty so that B is still bountied? Does it matter if this is in PvP versus PvE land?

I think there is a little confusion about what is bounty rigging and what isn't bounty rigging. So any clarification on the above would be very helpful. Thank you very much for your time and assistance here!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Hello all,

I would like some clarification on 'bounty rigging' and what is illegal/legal.

Scenario 1:
* Is it against the rules, for Person A to teleport Person B to kill Person C? For example, let's say there is a bounty on Person C. Can Person A teleport other people to kill/collect the bounty? [Let's assume Person A is not the one who placed the bounty]

Scenario 2:
* It is my understanding the you cannot collect your own bounty. Can you have a friend or ally collect the bounty? For example, Person A puts a bounty on Person B. Then Person A contacts Person C and Person C kills B and collects the bounty.

Scenario 3:
* Is it legal to keep killing someone but not collect the bounty? For example, if Person A puts a bounty on Person B, and then A continues to kill B constantly, without collecting bounty so that B is still bountied? Does it matter if this is in PvP versus PvE land?

I think there is a little confusion about what is bounty rigging and what isn't bounty rigging. So any clarification on the above would be very helpful. Thank you very much for your time and assistance here!
1: Yes, unless person A & C agreed to do this, and person C let's themselves die. If person A is just a random and they port Person B to person C.

2: Don't know for sure about this one, I would think it's fine seeing as you in no way make Person B let the bounty be taken. Though I can't really say for sure.

3: iirc on PvE (Illegal), but on PvP (Legal).

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
ok maybe i'm dumb, but the person a person b is hard to follow

can we word it like

malarb and trazil want to get kainzos bounty

that would help out my brain

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Thank you for the information LordZelkova.

I just have a little follow-up on the first scenario. I'm a little confused what the rule is here.

So if I run across someone with a bounty, and then a third party who knows I am around the vicinity asks me for a teleport so he can fight the person with bounty, that is somehow against the rules? I guess I don't see what the problem is here?

I apologize if the way I worded it causes confusion.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thank you for the information LordZelkova.

I just have a little follow-up on the first scenario. I'm a little confused what the rule is here.

So if I run across someone with a bounty, and then a third party who knows I am around the vicinity asks me for a teleport so he can fight the person with bounty, that is somehow against the rules? I guess I don't see what the problem is here?

I apologize if the way I worded it causes confusion.
Kainzo has a bounty.
You are a wizard and see him, Trazil wants to collect said bounty.

You can GTP Tazil to Kainzo as long as you and Kainzo don't set up anything up. Like you don't tell Kainzo to let himself die or anything.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
what if somebody asked for a port for their party (none of which are bountied), and you went to a y=250 1x1 block and tp'd them there

and the 2 people you teleported fall to their death

is this legal?

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter

hahah I find that hilarrious

because other members of the mod+ team have said the opposite

I suppose this is why this forum post exists

it is my hope that the work we do here will inspire leaders to discuss rules and put them officially in the wiki

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
hahah I find that hilarrious

because other members of the mod+ team have said the opposite

I suppose this is why this forum post exists

it is my hope that the work we do here will inspire leaders to discuss rules and put them officially in the wiki
Using GTP to kill, harass, abuse, Etc has always been illegal. Don't know who told you it was ok, never heard that myself.

Also, the rules are on the wiki but there are many many unwritten rules, and not every rule can be written. There is/was a rule council that was supposed to go over rules and stuff, however I don't know their level of activity.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
Joshusama tpd demon and trazil to their death, We asked if that was gtp abuse, josh said it wasn't

This is a perfect example of a reason rules need to be written.

Obviously not everything can be written down, but If we have something people keep ask questions about, and there are discrepancies between understanding and implementation amoungst the leadership it needs to be documented