General Game Rules
- 'Server staff retain the right to kick, ban, or close access to any or all users of Herocraft Online services at any time. The rules are constantly being updated, check back often.'
- 'Herocraft features a specific rule-set to ensure our environment is both fair and balanced. Failure to abide by these rules may result in disciplinary action.'
- 'If a violation is not outlined explicitly in the rules, but however is deemed harmful to the community or atmosphere of Herocraft, Admins reserve the right to take action.'
Exploiting and Game Mechanics
- Regions are to be used for protection; malicious creation of regions is illegal.
- Including but not limited to:
- Preventing access to Deathchests/LWCs
- Trapping offline users
- Insulting server players/staff
- Abusing Game Mechanics/block lag to gain access to region-protected areas, etc. that are otherwise impossible to enter.
- This includes using Engineer or other class/profession skills/mechanics to gain access to region-protected areas.
- Allowing players to break the rules despite knowing it's illegal will result in punishments.
- Abusing pistons to remove blocks on the edge of a township region.
- Using Hero skills as they are designed to be used is acceptable. For example, it is legal to use Blink to travel through small holes.
- If you find or are shown unintended skill effects or plugin mechanics that could potentially provide a game advantage, you must report this at the Exploits reporting forum.
- *f any unwanted effects of a skill is observed, the skill will be removed or recoded. Otherwise, it is legal to continue using the skill.
- The exception to this is if it was used in combination with block lag abuse or other illegal activities.
These actions are prohibited:
- Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics.
- Block jumping/glitching/lag.
- This means using the lag between breaking a protected block and when it respawns to move though the space, as well as using a block placed in a protected area to jump on in the moment before it disappears.
- This also means glitching through solid blocks via vehicles or other exploits.
- Modifying/hacking your client.
- These are prohibited:
- Hacks such as Xrays, movement (fly, runspeed, etc.) and camera hacks, improved combat mods, auto-clickers, reach hacks, aimbot and kill aura
- Entity radar
- 3rd party bot programs
- Any mod that changes the use of inventory or gameplay or that gives any kind of unfair advantage in PVP or PVE.
- These are allowed:
- Mods contained within the official herocraft modpack.
- All resource packs (unless blatantly being used to cheat in any fashion, such as x-ray packs)
- Mods that enhance the graphics or sounds of the game, shaders, bloom, HD textures, etc
- If you are in any doubt about a mod you wish to use, start a conversation about it with the Admins on the Herocraft Online Forums.
- Afk macroing.
- This includes using any macro mod feature, such as Loop, or any external action or modification to your game that enables your character to perform actions (ie using skills, moving, hitting blocks, hitting entities or players) while you are not present at the keyboard.
- Using multiple accounts, also referred to as alt accounts.
- All players on Herocraft are allowed one account per person.
- Boxing is not allowed (a single personal playing more than one account at the same time).
- To apply for approval to share an IP, start a conversation with the Admins on the Herocraft Online Forums, listing the names and reason for sharing an IP. Applications will be reviewed on a case by case basis. IGNs sharing an IP address without notification will be banned.
- Completely or partially invisible skins.
- Pvp is legal everywhere except in areas flagged as pvp-off, for example, the spawn castle.
- If you are combat-tagged in any way in a pvp-off area, it is illegal to trick or entice players into hitting you so they become combat-tagged.
- However, it is legal to chase and continue to fight a combat-tagged player who runs into a pvp-off area.
- Killing friends for exp or any other resource or statistic, aka boosting, is prohibited.
- This extends to claiming bounties on members of your Kingdom, other Kingdoms within your nation, or friends.
- Teleporting group members to your person and engaging in hostile actions against said group members after they purchased a teleport through trade chat is prohibited.
Dark Rooms & Leveling
- Looting or stealing from chests anywhere is allowed. This includes Noble Plots.
- Looting a player's corpse is allowed.
- Dumping or burning the contents of chests en masse while raiding is prohibited.
- This includes using the /clear command to delete chestloads of raided items.
- If you suspect dumping etc, open a petition immediately at the site and avoid using the chests until your petition has been answered.
- Simple dark rooms, ie darkened areas that promote mob spawning, are illegal.
- The following are prohibited:
- Mob grinder mechanisms, including piston traps, lava traps, and structures that cause damage to mobs (ie fall damage)
- Structures that siphon or direct the movement of mobs
- Structures that protect players from damage while fighting mobs
- Afk spawn killers (mechanisms that kill mobs while players are afk).
- The following are acceptable:
- Structures in dungeons that protect players while healing (not fighting)
- Using projectiles from outside the mob aggression range.
- Massive terrain destruction is prohibited. This includes:
- Dumping liquids everywhere,
- Destroying large areas of terrain, leaving it looking ravaged and destroyed, and
- Mass creation of shacks, huts, pillars, or anything that wouldn't be approved by Admins.
- Region abuse is prohibited, for example:
- Dumping liquids to affect structures in a township or regioned area, and
- Using redstone contraptions to remove, place, or otherwise alter Townships or regioned areas.
- Leaving messages or symbols in any form that would be a violation of Herocraft chat rules is prohibited.
- No Spamming Bamboo, it's laggy and ugly.
These Chat Rules apply to Herocraft's ingame chat channels, IRC, Discord, and all Herocraft Online related forums.
Keep in mind that you MUST have your display name in Discord set to your username, or something close and identifiable.
These are general guidelines. Certain steps may be skipped depending on the rule broken or situation. Admins have the final jurisdiction on punishments.'
- The following actions are prohibited:
- Harassing, threatening, excessive trolling, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player,
- Homophobic or racist terms and toxicity in public chats (whether intended for public chat or not),
- Impersonating any Herocraft Online staff member,
- Bashing staff positions or the server,
- Discussing bans or mutes in public chats,
- Accusing players of using hacks in public chats,
- If you have proof create a PE or PM a staff.
- Marketing, promoting or advertising anything, or making any other form of solicitation,
- This includes other Teamspeak servers, other Minecraft servers, personal Ventrilo, Mumble and Discord servers, and other game servers that DH does not directly (or indirectly) sponsor. '''This is a zero tolerance rule, and will result in an immediate ban.
- This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online services that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft.
- The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc),
- This includes various other forms of slang or "encoding" messages in a form incomprehensible at a glance.
- Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter,
- This includes both local and shout channels. 'Spamming local and shout channels will result in a per-channel mute.'
- Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff,
- Posting links to NSFW websites, videos, and other content that would otherwise violate chat rules, and
- Posting in a Township or guild thread of which you are not a member for anything other than Township or guild business. Using their threads to start arguments or flame members will result in a 1-week forum suspension.
- Warnings will be given for any infringement as follows:
- First warning: Player receives a warning.
- Second warning: Player receives a 3-day suspension.
- Third warning: Player receives a 1-week suspension.
- Fourth warning: Player receives a 1-month suspension.
- Fifth warning: Player receives a permanent ban.
Trading and Trade District
- Pixel art viewable on the overhead map is prohibited.
- Walls of water/lava are prohibited.
- Redstone circuits require admin approval.
- Builds that violate other Herocraft rules (offensive symbols, words that aren't covered in the Chat rules, etc.) are prohibited.
- Building words out of various blocks with malicious intent (I.E. "<player> was here" signs, messages intended to harass, things of that nature) are prohibited.
- Trading is allowed anywhere on the map, including Spawn.
Trade District Shops
- 'These rules apply specifically to Trade chat in-game.'
- Deals made in trade chat are binding, with these exceptions:
- Staff does not support Real Money Trading and will not enforce trades exchanging real money for in-game benefits between players.
- The sale of Kingdom mayorships is not supported and will not be enforced.
- Trade District shops are to be used as shops only.
- Shops are not to be lived in or used as a secondary home.
- Shops must only contained '''Chest Shops''' or items pertaining to chest shops
- IE. Casinos, Pawn Shops, etc are '''NOT ALLOWED'''
- Temporary Chests for storage pertaining to the '''chest shops''' are allowed.
- Chests used for storage NOT pertaining to the '''chest shops''' are NOT allowed.
- Shops can not have any areas blocked off from the public.
- You may not change the exterior walls if any are included in your shop region.
- *ou may change the interior fittings within your region.
- However if you are in a shared building, you may not obstruct player access to other floors.
- Any shop violations will be corrected on the spot without warning.
- Abusing any skills to remove the Rent Shop sign is punishable with a suspension.
- Trading ingame currency for Real Money items through the Shop will not be enforced.
- Scamming is not permitted.
- Staff will not force the purchase but will refund the ingame currency.
- Players may buy a billboard sign at the entry to the Trade District.
- These must only advertise a shop you personally own in the Trade District.
- Billboards may only contain signs.
- Any other use of a billboard will result in removal of the sign and a suspension for the player.
- Townships created with names to troll, slander or give false impressions will be forced to rename their Township or will have it renamed for them.
- This includes townships that have names extremely similar to other townships, named after players without consent, or are otherwise not approved by Admins. If you have any questions whether or not a name is acceptable, ask an Admin.
- *f you decide to leave a Township, you must remove yourself from Township membership.
- If you are kicked from a Township, you are entitled to your LWCs. Open a petition at a new location for your LWCs and an Admin will relocate them for you.
- Staff will not assist you with moving anything other than LWCs.
'If you are concerned whether your Township design will comply with the Rules, request Admin consideration and approval.'
- Township leaders are responsible for investigating and punishing theft, griefing etc within their Township.
- Township leaders have access to the Prism plugin for investigating suspected theft etc.
- Punishment may include, for example, placing bounties on a thief and naming a thief on a public blacklist.
- To clarify, Township leaders may petition for server punishment if a player breaks server rules within the Township, for example, rules regarding griefing, chest dumping and agreements made in Trade Chat.
- Exterior walls surrounding a Township and Township structures must be a reasonable height.
- I.E. not ground to sky limit. A rough estimate would be 30 blocks of height.
- No cobble/dirt boxes. Walls/structures must be well designed and thought out.
- Walls/structures may not contain large amounts of lava and flowing water, as they cause block update lag without Admin approval.
- Townships may have a roof or a glass dome, but the roof/glass dome must conform to the following rules:
- Must not be flat (eg no platform of glass/blocks covering the entire Township)
- Must be well designed and detailed
- Must be stylistically integrated with the rest of the structure with believable building characteristics such as columns, towers, bracing, buttresses.
Spawn plots are not intended to be replacements for Kingdoms.
Ownership and Transfers
- Townships must have proper supports if they are raised off the ground.
- Floating Townships must have proper "lore" that explains why the Township is floating eg. airships, 'Laputa' style Townships. Note: all Townships of this type are subject to Admin approval.
- Must not be too high from the ground
- Must look like the Township is meant to be flying (eg. propellers, air balloons)
- All Townships must have a method of getting from the ground to the Township.
- You may only own ONE Noble Plot.
- No refunds are issued, final sale.
- Ownership may be transferred and plots may be traded. Regular trade rules apply, use trade chat and confirm.
- If you wish to move from an occupied plot to a vacant plot, you must first release your current plot by sale, trade or relinquishment, and you must pay the asking price for the vacant plot.
- To transfer plot ownership, you must petition with the new owner's name and the plot name. The new owner must be online and present for ownership to be transferred.
- Plots that are empty for too long will be subject to review (no land holding).
- If you are inactive for 30 days, your plot ownership may be terminated, the site cleared, and the empty land put up again for sale on a first come, first serve basis.
Build Standards and Use
- If you add someone to your Noble Plot region, you are responsible for the safety of your items.
- The only exception is if you have added a player to your region to provide services (eg. engineer, architect services etc.) as confirmed in trade
- Plots must be well designed, built well and not an eyesore (no cobble boxes, this is a place to showcase your build skill).
- No trees on roofs (treehouses will be allowed within reason, as long as the leaves don't exceed region height).
- You may not put shops in your plot. That is what the trade district is for.
- You may store items in your plot.
- Respect all staff.
- Respect everyone on the forums. (Do not be rude, disrespectful, malicious or any other form of related activity).
- Profanity is allowed, but please control yourself. Excessive use is unnecessary.
- No racism allowed. (This includes all variants of the derogatory term.)
- No discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender (this includes the use of various words in public chat).
- No Advertising. This includes links to shock sites, pornography, or anything that may be deemed unsuitable by forum staff. (IE: No ads for other servers, products, or sites.)
- No spamming. Try to refrain from posting more than two messages in a row as there is an edit button on the posts. (2 Messages in a row acceptable, but 3 or more is not.) Also, one word/meaningless posts are not allowed.
- No discussion of hacks, cheats or glitches, mutes, or bans of any kind. If you find a exploit, PM a staff member.
- Use English only in public threads. (This does not include Private Messages)
- No boosting. One forum account per user.
- Do not bring old threads back to life. All posts or threads 2 months or older should be deemed as dead.
By using or accessing any of Herocraft Online's services you are agreeing to Herocraft Online's Terms and Conditions. If you do not or have failed to comply with any of our terms and conditions you are prohibited from using or accessing this site and/or the entirety of our services.
Trademarks and Copyrights
Minecraft content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Mojang AB or its licensors. All rights reserved. This site is a part of the Herocraft Online and is not affiliated with Mojang AB.
By registering to any Herocraft Online services you agree to these terms and conditions:
*Herocraft Online reserves the right to deny or reject any username.
*If you have been previously banned from all Herocraft Online services, you will not attempt to circumvent this ban without a proper consent from Herocraft Online.
Modification of the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change this terms and conditions from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgement and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Web Site/Server Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Herocraft Online's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Herocraft Online's web site;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Herocraft Online at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Herocraft Online's web site are provided "as is". Herocraft Online makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Furthermore, Herocraft Online does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Herocraft Online or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Herocraft Online's Internet site, even if Herocraft Online or a Herocraft Online authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Herocraft Online's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Herocraft Online does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Herocraft Online may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Herocraft Online does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Herocraft Online has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Herocraft Online of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
7. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Herocraft Online's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
8. Prohibited Actions and Content
When using any Herocraft Online services you will not:
9. Disruption of Communications
- Attempt to gather information from other users unless they are notified.
- Post any pornographic content, this includes links and or sites.
- Upload any malicious content or viruses.
- Bully, harass, or intimidate any user.
- Engage in illegal activities; Users will have to abide by the laws of the United States of America.
- Engage in discriminant content.
- Attempt to circumvent any banishment without the consent of Herocraft Online.
- Disrupt communications, see "Disruption of Communications".
Disruptive communication is anything that inhibits the clean flow of communication between users on Herocraft Online.
Disruptive communication includes but is not limited to:
- Flooding: Posting an excessive number of threads or posts is disruptive to communication. Don't do it.
- Non-English Communication: Herocraft Online is an English language service. Communication, particularly content viewable by many users, will be conducted in the English language. This also includes internet ebonics (me-mes) and "l33t" speak, and will not be tolerated.
- Off-Topic Posting: Posting content in a section it doesn't belong in. Replying to content with unrelated information.
- Miscellaneous: Communication that disrupts the easy browsing of the site will not be tolerated. This includes exceedingly large pictures, large ASCII art, or links that go to a destination other than the one stated.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- We reserve the right to change, with or without notice, any rank price that has been set forth. We also reserve the right to change the contents of a specific rank – the benefits of a certain rank can change, and you will not be entitled to the old rank benefits if we change it. Rest assured that no rank benefit, or any other item in the store, will be changed without a valid, server-balancing reason.
- You agree to indemnify the staff, owners, hosts, advertisers, officers, directors, employees, partners, and all other parties related to this servers staff. By agreeing to these terms, you agree not to present any lawsuit or other legal challenge against the server staff for any reason, whether related to your purchase or not.
- You understand and agree that your use of this website and any services or content provided is made available and provided to you at your own risk. It is provided to you as-is and we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. You understand and agree that neither us nor any participant in the service provides professional advice of any kind and thus use of such advice or any other information is solely at your own risk and without our liability of any kind. Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties.
- You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loss (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from or arising out of (I) The use of or the inability to use the service, (II) The cost to obtain substitute goods and/or services resulting from any transaction entered into or through the service, (III) Unauthorized access to or alteration of your data transmissions, (IV) Statements or conduct of any third party on the service, or (V) any other matter relating to the service. Note that by accepting the terms in the document, you are also waiving your right, to take any action, legal or otherwise, against anyone or anything related to the staff, management, administrators, members, owners or any hosts of this server. You furthermore acknowledge that if any part of this document is found to be invalid or unenforceable in any way, any parts not found to be invalid or unenforceable will be considered fully valid and binding.
- Any staff, owners, hosts, advertisers, officers, directors, employees, partners, and all other parties related to this servers staff reserve the right, with the appropriate permissions, to forcibly make you leave the server, permanently or temporarily, with no chance of refund – however this will never be unwarranted, this will only happen in the case of extreme rule-breaking. If you obey the rules, you will never be banned, plain and simple.
- By donating to Herocraft Online you are not entitled to any Physical or virtual good, a donation is a donation and not a purchase. As defined a donation is an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or a contribution with no expectation of anything in return. Anything received will be as is and no warranty or guarantee it will always be available.
- All terms and conditions are in effect indefinitely as soon as the contract is accepted, and will remain to be active even after you quit, are banished, removed, or if you leave the server/forum in any way.
All sales are final, you may not buyback, stop, credit the server by any means necessary in order to receive your funds back that of which have been paid. And in doing so we reserve the right to disallow your continued play on the server/forums and not allow further funds to be added or taken away. We reserve the right to pursue any legal or collection action necessary to recover damages in the event of a forced charge-back.