• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree with you. I want to not have any more wipes but constant content updates and seasons. With our new setup - it seems to be very good for this type of things.
I actually really enjoyed when Bastion was wiped, I loved the Lostsoul pvp around spawn and people setting up small little camps around spawn
probably some of my favorite times on HC

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I actually really enjoyed when Bastion was wiped, I loved the Lostsoul pvp around spawn and people setting up small little camps around spawn
probably some of my favorite times on HC

well, not sure how pvp will be on this reset, i expect a lot of people will hang in pve world until they get lvled and equiped up. Maybe if there are enough conquest points to go after / with good enough rewards people will risk starting on the pvp shard.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
well, not sure how pvp will be on this reset, i expect a lot of people will hang in pve world until they get lvled and equiped up. Maybe if there are enough conquest points to go after / with good enough rewards people will risk starting on the pvp shard.
I'm gonna be on pvp :p first one to get fireball wins :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Next major wipe would most likely be when 1.8 is prepped and updated with everything, most likely 12 months from now :confused:
No plans on that.
Honestly doubt it.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Please can we have Town/Kingdom requirements reviewed early in the new map.

We need challenging and achievable goals to build toward. We need a structure that encourages the development of several powerbases. This is what gives a map longevity.

I was so disappointed that the unreviewed town/kingdom requirements meant no kingdoms were achieved this map, only one capital, very few towns... and a whole stack of hamlets, many of which failed.

Town/kingdom growth gives the map its heart.

Factors to consider:
  • how town-type groups are using the two maps
  • pace at which items and currency are being gained
  • availability of special or rare items required for advancement.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

We need challenging and achievable goals to build toward. We need a structure that encourages the development of several powerbases. This is what gives a map longevity.

I was so disappointed that the unreviewed town/kingdom requirements meant no kingdoms were achieved this map, only one capital, very few towns... and a whole stack of hamlets, many of which failed.

Factors to consider:

Should be interesting to see how Towns/Kingdoms will run this map. There seems to be at least two groups gunning for it straight off the bat. The change with souls and gold actually make the costs more realistic and may not need to be changed? I think there was very little incentive for most towns to upgrade last map, there was only two towns outside of AD.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i am very ... interested i guess to see how towns will turn out with the new transferable inventory between worlds and such. Will there be any real incentive to make a town on the pvp vs pve map? Maybe it wont matter with conquest stuff - if its any good, it will probably be much more interesting than town fighting was anyways. But i could see towns being much more spread between pvp and pve this map compared to last.

I know it wont happen this map but if we continue with transferable inventory and such in the future, maybe one day we could have a pvp map that integrates conquest and faction server type gameplay where pvp towns can fight over and try to control huge areas of the map. Like ... link one conquest objective to another, so as you take one it allows you to attack the adjacent ones, etc. would be fun and really differentiate the two servers a lot IMO.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Has pvp been changed back to the limit of level 10 yet? I think having pvp for everyone initially is a little too much.

anevia

Legacy Supporter 5

Factors to consider:

I completely agree with you. The hardest part of the town requirements were the availability of sapphires and collecting the huge amount of soul increase starting with medium town. As far as kingdom requirements,the dragon eggs required seemed NEAR impossible. Very few dragon eggs were won during voting. I think a minor increase in the Dragon eggs will be a great idea if so many are still needed. As far as sapphires, i myself have only seen one drop throughout the whole six months ive played on here.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I completely agree with you. The hardest part of the town requirements were the availability of sapphires and collecting the huge amount of soul increase starting with medium town. As far as kingdom requirements,the dragon eggs required seemed NEAR impossible. Very few dragon eggs were won during voting. I think a minor increase in the Dragon eggs will be a great idea if so many are still needed. As far as sapphires, i myself have only seen one drop throughout the whole six months ive played on here.
random mass face-palm rating?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

Hmm I haven't played much on haven and had more than 20 of Saphires and Peridots.

Rida_

TNT
Hmm I haven't played much on haven and had more than 20 of Saphires and Peridots.
I personally found more relic Vs than sapphires, and probably just as many as peridot, during the month I've been on Haven. Which is to say, 2 peridot and 1 sapphire (which I found in a chest). On the other hand, I stopped picking up enchanted rawhide scraps and soulweave cloth.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I personally found more relic Vs than sapphires, and probably just as many as peridot, during the month I've been on Haven. Which is to say, 2 peridot and 1 sapphire (which I found in a chest). On the other hand, I stopped picking up enchanted rawhide scraps and soulweave cloth.

I don't know any of these things you are talking about. Complete noob once again! Just like :kainzo:

:)

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
Please include helms(mc item not allowed/non-craftable in hc) for ships so we can actually use them on the open sea. Still waiting for that so I can load it out with cannons to the max, balls to the wall, all connected to one button.

Edit: A pirate world for the next adventure map (if helms could be integrated at all). Open seas, ocean mobs, jungle islands, underwater cities, Skull Island to find, lost treasure, (I doubt ships could ever be designated as moving towns?!?) Just a thought pirate RPG'ing HC style thanks to hazed mentioning land pirates.

Last edited:

Avoir

Obsidian
@Kainzo, would it be possible to fix a few class bugs for the new map coming out. A good example would be dragoondash making you fly 10-25 blocks past the player who was targeted.

This bug makes the skill unreliable and pretty much worthless in combat.