• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Wow lol well ya next map I'm just going to join a town and say screw building my own town or something nice lol no effort means no disappointment. I feel bad for those that built things that took longer and were much bigger than my area. So what's approx the time between map changes/resets? or is it just never really a pattern to it?
A map normally lasts 8-12 months
There is no set time. I would prefer to never wipe - but we realize that things need to change and we dont get things right the first time.

All maps are archived - we may offer them for download for a fee at some point for those die hards that want them.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Wow lol well ya next map I'm just going to join a town and say screw building my own town or something nice lol no effort means no disappointment. I feel bad for those that built things that took longer and were much bigger than my area. So what's approx the time between map changes/resets? or is it just never really a pattern to it?
Building new towns is what keeps myself and a lot of other members going. I have had massive towns the past three months and have never really "finished" one.

Fresh starts are a lot of fun. You all start with nothing and have no ties to anything in game, really.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I guess...but idk I'm done building nice things...time to build a box and live in it. This happened on the last server me and my friends wanted to start a town on(we ultimately left due to the map reset)...We were in the middle of getting money and building and bam...map reset. So even people's towns are going to go down as well?
Building new towns is the reason im back to herocraft.. I got to lvl 49 on wildstar but no motivation to keep playing.. nowhere near as good as oldschool runescape or herocraft. I have lead 3 towns and it only gets better.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
This is good, I just hope the promised plans for the future don't get forgotten 2 months in. If it goes to plan I reckon a lot of the old players might return and play again, hoping so. Beginning of maps is always the best anyway.

Also, why are so many people unable to read? been following this thread and the amount of people asking "Will this and that be reset" when the first line of the post is what is reset, is ridiculous.

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
@Darkwerty you are wrong and right at the same time. Herocraft is what I call an RPG meshed with a Sandbox. While it is neither an RPG or a Sandbox, it is both at the same time. This is great because you get both aspects of the game. The other side of this would be a Sandbox RPG, which would be aspects of both games put into its own game. (IE: Herocraft if it was its own game) The ultimate point I'm getting at is: I fyou want to play Minecraft, we got that, want to play class based combat? We got that too.

Problem is... staff is trying to make this server an actual MMO like wow and shit.. You cant make MINECRAFT an MMO

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Problem is... staff is trying to make this server an actual MMO like wow and shit.. You cant make MINECRAFT an MMO
Good for the staff then. Just because you and a small amount of others don't enjoy attributes as much, doesn't mean they don't work.

Personally I love how attributes work, and I don't understand why you don't like them.

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
Good for the staff then. Just because you and a small amount of others don't enjoy attributes as much, doesn't mean they don't work.

Personally I love how attributes work, and I don't understand why you don't like them.

If you heard... Its not only about the attributes.
There is a reason why Bastion had 160+ and haven doesnt.

Stop speaking out of your ass. Haven had 60k players log in and over 300 players online several times.

If you want to argue with objectivity, you better start loading your arsenal better.
Alright mister

That can easily be summed up to how Herocraft updated too early without mods being updated. A lot of the player base relies on Macromod to play effectively. I didn't actually hear or see anyone (maybe a select few) that left because of attributes.
I hope you know what i mean.

Well im gonna cut this down dont want any trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Stop speaking out of your ass. Haven had 60k players log in and over 300 players online several times. You can't pin point one thing and try to state the reasoning behind your logic with it when so many things change from map to map.

If you want to argue with objectivity, you better start loading your arsenal better.

Last edited:

Xhazed

Portal
Stop speaking out of your ass. Haven had 60k players log in and over 300 players online several times.

Not trying to be a dick but i think those times were probs events when the map had just been open or idk

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
That can easily be summed up to how Herocraft updated too early without mods being updated. A lot of the player base relies on Macromod to play effectively. I didn't actually hear or see anyone (maybe a select few) that left because of attributes.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Herocraft is almost 4 years old. The only reason why we are still running today is because we change with the times and we keep it fresh.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I have only been here for two maps but bastion got pretty low pop in last few months also. Think its just inevitable that there is going to be a boom / bust cycle to population with map resets in the back of everyone's mind, people wont put the same effort into towns n such 6 months in as they will at a map start.

Personally i would love if there were not any map resets but i know the majority love them, and i am not much into building which is a big part of fun for map resets im sure. With more repeatable content like pvp seasons and xanipher doing an awesome job with events, hopefully there will be less population drop off mid / late map compared to historically.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have only been here for two maps but bastion got pretty low pop in last few months also. Think its just inevitable that there is going to be a boom / bust cycle to population with map resets in the back of everyone's mind, people wont put the same effort into towns n such 6 months in as they will at a map start.

Personally i would love if there were not any map resets but i know the majority love them, and i am not much into building which is a big part of fun for map resets im sure. With more repeatable content like pvp seasons and xanipher doing an awesome job with events, hopefully there will be less population drop off mid / late map compared to historically.
I agree with you. I want to not have any more wipes but constant content updates and seasons. With our new setup - it seems to be very good for this type of things.