• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Seikuken and Whirlwind stunning you too
@Kainzo, would it be possible to fix a few class bugs for the new map coming out. A good example would be dragoondash making you fly 10-25 blocks past the player who was targeted.

This bug makes the skill unreliable and pretty much worthless in combat.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo, would it be possible to fix a few class bugs for the new map coming out. A good example would be dragoondash making you fly 10-25 blocks past the player who was targeted.

This bug makes the skill unreliable and pretty much worthless in combat.
We might be able to tweak that a bit.
Please include helms(mc item not allowed/non-craftable in hc) for ships so we can actually use them on the open sea. Still waiting for that so I can load it out with cannons to the max, balls to the wall, all connected to one button.

Edit: A pirate world for the next adventure map (if helms could be integrated at all). Open seas, ocean mobs, jungle islands, underwater cities, Skull Island to find, lost treasure, (I doubt ships could ever be designated as moving towns?!?) Just a thought pirate RPG'ing HC style thanks to hazed mentioning land pirates.
Honestly not sure what you are referring to - "helm" item id = ? - which patch did this get introduced? it may be for 1.8

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
We wont be fixing the nocheat issues outright without the assistance of nocheatdevs.

Kainzo, agility affects movement speed right?
Can't you have Whirlwind reduce your agility by like 100/200 while it is active?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
That may be a better way of doing it - but could also hit the same issue.
@Delfofthebla whatcha thoughts boi
As far as nocheat issues go, I've seen it cause problems for both sides. For all we know, you having more than 0 agility is what causes the issue in the first place.

But! It could be worth a shot. It's a quick fix to change it from slowness to agility, so I could try and make the swap after I get home.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As far as nocheat issues go, I've seen it cause problems for both sides. For all we know, you having more than 0 agility is what causes the issue in the first place.

But! It could be worth a shot. It's a quick fix to change it from slowness to agility, so I could try and make the swap after I get home.
eh, worth a shot I'd guess

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't get why people complain about town costs lol. Melonmancy was stacked in just a week. We had enough money to keep 4 regions up almost 8 months and enough materials to hit capital. The only reason we didn't was because we took a leave of absence. I think not enough of you work together. IMHO, if you can't get 10+ people to work for you towards a town, you don't deserve a town. Its not a 1 person job.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't get why people complain about town costs lol. Melonmancy was stacked in just a week. We had enough money to keep 4 regions up almost 8 months and enough materials to hit capital. The only reason we didn't was because we took a leave of absence. I think not enough of you work together. IMHO, if you can't get 10+ people to work for you towards a town, you don't deserve a town. Its not a 1 person job.

At first I thought you were joking and I was laughing with you, but then I realized you were serious and I face-palmed myself. So you are saying you had 112,000 souls spirited away in a hole somewhere?

The costs were to high to make it worth while for anything other then gloating last map. Period. I had the most players from beginning to end and although we could have attained it well before we did, the extreme cost was not worthwhile.

@Kainzo Have you decided to value of Gold yet? If so have to decided to reduce the drop rate of souls from Ore to compensate or will it remain the same?
Trying to determine the average Souls-Per-Hour players will make on the new map, so I can make a suggestion on costs.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
At first I thought you were joking and I was laughing with you, but then I realized you were serious and I face-palmed myself. So you are saying you had 112,000 souls spirited away in a hole somewhere?

The costs were to high to make it worth while for anything other then gloating last map. Period. I had the most players from beginning to end and although we could have attained it well before we did, the extreme cost was not worthwhile.

@Kainzo Have you decided to value of Gold yet? If so have to decided to reduce the drop rate of souls from Ore to compensate or will it remain the same?
Trying to determine the average Souls-Per-Hour players will make on the new map, so I can make a suggestion on costs.
We had nearly 50000 among our playerbase and a ton more in soul form, but a few of our members kept playing and the regions chewed into it, we may not have had enough to go that far, but we had a lot. The reason we had a lot saved up was because we wanted to build in the new 1.7 zone, but it took so long coming that we left before it happened.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Since Gold is being added as currency, I think the drop rates of souls from ORE should be lowered a lot and increased in crops and mobs. That way people who mine won't get as ridicolously rich from getting a ton of souls AND gold while it also makes mob grinding and farming relevant as income.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Since Gold is being added as currency, I think the drop rates of souls from ORE should be lowered a lot and increased in crops and mobs. That way people who mine won't get as ridicolously rich from getting a ton of souls AND gold while it also makes mob grinding and farming relevant as income.

Or you just adjust the value of gold down from it's previous value.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
When Kainzo was discussing this before, he said that it's definitely not going to be as high as previous maps.
When kain originally thought of it he thought of 1s each... so it's probably not much.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Gold @ 1 soul seems a bit low, gotta get some excitement for finding a Gold vain!
3 souls Kainzo, you know you want to do it!
1s seems fine imo.

If its going to be 3s the soul drop rate overall for mining will need to be lowered.

EDIT: @whitayy Care to explain the f-palm?

Last edited:

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@Kainzo, have you considered the following?

Please can we have Town/Kingdom requirements reviewed early in the new map.

We need challenging and achievable goals to build toward. We need a structure that encourages the development of several powerbases. This is what gives a map longevity.

I was so disappointed that the unreviewed town/kingdom requirements meant no kingdoms were achieved this map, only one capital, very few towns... and a whole stack of hamlets, many of which failed.

Town/kingdom growth gives the map its heart.

Factors to consider:
  • how town-type groups are using the two maps
  • pace at which items and currency are being gained
  • availability of special or rare items required for advancement.