• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
At first I thought you were joking and I was laughing with you, but then I realized you were serious and I face-palmed myself. So you are saying you had 112,000 souls spirited away in a hole somewhere?

The costs were to high to make it worth while for anything other then gloating last map. Period. I had the most players from beginning to end and although we could have attained it well before we did, the extreme cost was not worthwhile.

@Kainzo Have you decided to value of Gold yet? If so have to decided to reduce the drop rate of souls from Ore to compensate or will it remain the same?
Trying to determine the average Souls-Per-Hour players will make on the new map, so I can make a suggestion on costs.

I think they are saying that the melonmancers had 112,000 souls as a group, spread out over ten or so players and their LWC's.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
When it comes down to it making towns worth while, the cost must be high or towns would be spammed across the map. With members of the town unnecessary. It wasn't easy for us in AD, but we did it, if we had another month or so we could of hit Kingdom. Town/Kingdom costs are set in a way to ensure that those that desire must try.
With great effort comes great reward.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
The only people who are saying towns should have been easy to achieve... are people who didn't try doing it for themselves... :rolleyes:

Well some people did try, bloody hard, and their experience is what talks.
When it comes down to it making towns worth while, the cost must be high or towns would be spammed across the map. With members of the town unnecessary. It wasn't easy for us in AD, but we did it, if we had another month or so we could of hit Kingdom. Town/Kingdom costs are set in a way to ensure that those that desire must try.
With great effort comes great reward.

Solely based on last map and the fact that there is an additional revenue stream being introduced, I feel there will need to be a definite change to township costs(GodDamn Dragon Eggs). However, I can offer no concrete insight as to what I think the costs should be changed to (either up or down), until @Kainzo releases the price of gold.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Soul costs may be a bit high but the larger issue are the arbirtrary item costs that encourage people to spend their time tearing up the map for resources instead of actually building a town

Xhazed

Portal
I want to auggest that lootcrates cant be sold ingame cause that mitht f up the economy in the long run, well i realy dont know so yea

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I want to auggest that lootcrates cant be sold ingame cause that mitht f up the economy in the long run, well i realy dont know so yea

It cannot really mess up the economy as it does not create money, it just moves it between players. Sure someone could spend real world money to get souls, but those souls were already from another player so it's not going to change the economy.

Xhazed

Portal
It cannot really mess up the economy as it does not create money, it just moves it between players. Sure someone could spend real world money to get souls, but those souls were already from another player so it's not going to change the economy.
It is going to make the people that are rich IRL will get rich easy this new map

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Soul costs may be a bit high but the larger issue are the arbirtrary item costs that encourage people to spend their time tearing up the map for resources instead of actually building a town
I think you might be right on that... i think people will tear up the map no matter what, though

It is going to make the people that are rich IRL will get rich easy this new map
We wont be changing this. Sorry - it is up to the free market to do what they want with the item that can be obtained through many means. You dont have to buy crates (although a good 90% of them come from purchases)

cambook1

Stone
=/ well it sucks that you'll lose your levels and have to get them back, but at least it will stop OP campers killing lost souls for a short time, because everyone will be a lost soul.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I think you might be right on that... i think people will tear up the map no matter what, though

We wont be changing this. Sorry - it is up to the free market to do what they want with the item that can be obtained through many means. You dont have to buy crates (although a good 90% of them come from purchases)

@Kainzo what size is the new map going to be? and do we know map names yet? :) I thought I saw the map's name somewhere in this thread, but I haven't been able to find it again LOL

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think you might be right on that... i think people will tear up the map no matter what
Yes people will tear up the map no matter what. However without arbitrary item costs there will be less need, so it should happen less. Also those resources they are tearing up the map to get will at least have a chance to be used to build something beautiful.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I find that hard to believe, especially since the whole money top[10](Including LEASE MONEY..not even a real player..stupid ...) barely came to ~70k souls
We had 20+ members and then at least 5 DV guys who were waiting for us to get town. We are what is left of OS/Newerth, its to be expected we would be that far ahead.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I actually thought souls were very easy to get and I was surprised money top didn't have many, I just never spent the time killing mobs or mining until relics came out :p

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
We had 20+ members and then at least 5 DV guys who were waiting for us to get town. We are what is left of OS/Newerth, its to be expected we would be that far ahead.

Alright, it still doesn't matter since nothing was ever put into play. BUT, I guess if people can have more than enough for an entire kingdom stashed away that easily, the costs should just go up?