• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo it would be really helpful to put names to the maps to reduce the confusion.

Is this correct? ->

1. PvP:
  • Conquest points, Towns, leveling classes, resource collection
  • no griefing
  • party size of 5
  • available at map launch
2. PvE:
  • Towns, leveling classes, resource collection, no PvP
  • no griefing
  • party size of 10
  • available at map launch
3. RPG:
  • Adventure map, quests etc, non-PvP
  • no griefing
  • party size of 15
  • available at end of Season I of Conquest
4. Resources map (neo-ruins)
  • Resource collection, leveling classes
  • no towns, griefing allowed
  • party size yet to be determined
  • available at some later stage, not at map launch
RPG (aka adventure) wont be out by season 1 ... FFA shouild be.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
What is FFA...? :p

World Changes:
-
Central will have 4 Trade districts (each more expensive than the last and larger shop areas), an open arena for quick PVP, the tutorial portal for players to easily revisit and a harbor that has boats going to each server.
- Central, by Clans Season 2, will have the Royal and Commons plots district for rent/purchase.
- PVP and PVE spawn worlds and terrain have been reset and recreated on a new seed. PVE will not be based on amplified terrain or have any negative for staying / leveling there.
- The FFA (resource/free for all ruins) server will be created by Season 2 of Clans and can be found via the boat at central.
- LWC database/count will be world-specific.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
World Changes:
-
Central will have 4 Trade districts (each more expensive than the last and larger shop areas), an open arena for quick PVP, the tutorial portal for players to easily revisit and a harbor that has boats going to each server.
- Central, by Clans Season 2, will have the Royal and Commons plots district for rent/purchase.
- PVP and PVE spawn worlds and terrain have been reset and recreated on a new seed. PVE will not be based on amplified terrain or have any negative for staying / leveling there.
- The FFA (resource/free for all ruins) server will be created by Season 2 of Clans and can be found via the boat at central.
- LWC database/count will be world-specific.
A new "season" is everyone month amirite?

Looks like ill be using lwc's for the first month D:

IeatMelons

Iron
So anything we built...its going to be reset? or is it just the places of the map that look well nasty?

IeatMelons

Iron
everything will be reset. Life as you no it wont be the same
That's quite disappointing honestly...I mean I could understand some places being reset but even places that took some people awhile to build? I could live with items being gone...but idk it feels sorta like time wasted building something nice to see it gone.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
That's quite disappointing honestly...I mean I could understand some places being reset but even places that took some people awhile to build? I could live with items being gone...but idk it feels sorta like time wasted building something nice to see it gone.

I have lead 4 townships and two kingdoms Leat, and although it's a shame to see them go, this is a wonderful opportunity to start fresh with new ideas and new fun!

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
If you read kainzo post... There was no good way to fix the old systems and bring in the new systems. It is better for the life if the network, therefore the community to take care of this now from the beginning.

Hopefully this clarifies. As my understanding is... it was a rough decision buy was determined to be more beneficial to the whole.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
chaos is fair, nothing else is.

IeatMelons

Iron
I guess...but idk I'm done building nice things...time to build a box and live in it. This happened on the last server me and my friends wanted to start a town on(we ultimately left due to the map reset)...We were in the middle of getting money and building and bam...map reset. So even people's towns are going to go down as well?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I guess...but idk I'm done building nice things...time to build a box and live in it. This happened on the last server me and my friends wanted to start a town on(we ultimately left due to the map reset)...We were in the middle of getting money and building and bam...map reset. So even people's towns are going to go down as well?

The maps you played on will not even be accessible.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
EVERYTHING will be wiped.

This is a complete reset.

This is something you expect to happen sooner or later, I've been here for 3 maps.

There has been like 6 maps.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While its not our intent to reset, certain things arent possible without a massive change. the big update will be adventure next once we hammer out all of this network stuff

IeatMelons

Iron
Wow lol well ya next map I'm just going to join a town and say screw building my own town or something nice lol no effort means no disappointment. I feel bad for those that built things that took longer and were much bigger than my area. So what's approx the time between map changes/resets? or is it just never really a pattern to it?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
While its not our intent to reset, certain things arent possible without a massive change. the big update will be adventure next once we hammer out all of this network stuff
Would it effect anything major to disable Hoppers for the next map? Hoppers seem to hurt Alchemist and possibly other professions/things that I don't know about and they can bring lag too my experience on Haven recently if there is to many in a chunk which I expect to happen.

MajDeath

Portal
Wow lol well ya next map I'm just going to join a town and say screw building my own town or something nice lol no effort means no disappointment. I feel bad for those that built things that took longer and were much bigger than my area. So what's approx the time between map changes/resets? or is it just never really a pattern to it?
A map normally lasts 8-12 months