• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spoutcraft reduce client side lag and more!

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Looks delicious, I think I'll wait a bit for things to become official however... mc, this mod, heroes, you know.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
I really appreciate the increased stability of this platform, but it seems the integrated version of opti-fine causes issues with the number of chunks I can load at a time. It's as if the viewdistance is hard-coded to 'small', regardless of the chunk cache size or view distance I actually set.

Is anyone else having these issues? Does anyone know what's going on or if there's a workaround? It doesn't look like the .jar takes kindly to simply replacing the integrated optifine with a manual installation of the one on minecraft forums. I'd ask on the spoutcraft forums, but they seem completely devoid of life.

Afforess

Glowstone
Somebody smart could have tagged me in this thread. I play on Herocraft (when I get free time, which is not nearly as often as I would like).

Anyway, I'm the lead developer and would be happy to answer questions and take your flames. :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Somebody smart could have tagged me in this thread. I play on Herocraft (when I get free time, which is not nearly as often as I would like).

Anyway, I'm the lead developer and would be happy to answer questions and take your flames. :p
I forgot you had an account @Afforess - tagging you as a coder now

Petator

Glowing Redstone
Oh! looks like the new version of spout fixed the issue I was having! Tyvm @Afforess !

One question, though: what kind of modloader does spoutcraft ship with? I've tested installing the connected textures mod and MAtmos, but neither seemed to register at all. They are in the risugami's modloader format and do not overwrite any core game classes. Is there something special I need to do to install this kind of mod?

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
How do you download Reis minimap I dowloaded spoutcraft but isk about reis....

Petator

Glowing Redstone
I don't think modloader is compatible with spoutcraft.

That's why I'm asking how to include these mods. Modloader doesn't work, and the modding API for spout is incompatible with modloader-style mods. :p

shadrxninga

Coder
When I can use Neo's modpack for spout, I will definitely use this. I'd love to have less lag.

@Neo_Exdeath @Afforess
Well at the moment, Spout has an addon system in development for SpoutCraft, most mods will have to be re-written to work with Spoutcraft (Might be wrong there, but i'm pretty sure that will be the case). The great thing about this addon system is it will be similar to the way running a bukkit server works, all you have to do to install a mod is drop a jar file into a folder. No editing of the minecraft.jar is required!
So, in regards to your question - it could be a while and it depends when mod authors start to use the SpoutCraftAPI. But... Afforess will probably be able to give you a more informed answer.

Afforess

Glowstone
Oh! looks like the new version of spout fixed the issue I was having! Tyvm @Afforess !

One question, though: what kind of modloader does spoutcraft ship with? I've tested installing the connected textures mod and MAtmos, but neither seemed to register at all. They are in the risugami's modloader format and do not overwrite any core game classes. Is there something special I need to do to install this kind of mod?
We don't actually use Modloader.

Well at the moment, Spout has an addon system in development for SpoutCraft, most mods will have to be re-written to work with Spoutcraft (Might be wrong there, but i'm pretty sure that will be the case). The great thing about this addon system is it will be similar to the way running a bukkit server works, all you have to do to install a mod is drop a jar file into a folder. No editing of the minecraft.jar is required!
So, in regards to your question - it could be a while and it depends when mod authors start to use the SpoutCraftAPI. But... Afforess will probably be able to give you a more informed answer.
This is correct, we are working on an addon system. It *works* as in you can create an addon at the moment, but most of the features are missing. It's pretty much equivalent to the features Bukkit had like in it's first release at the moment.
We're focusing more on it though and I'm hoping we can begin having real test addons in the coming weeks and a fully fledged launch before christmas.