• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spoutcraft reduce client side lag and more!

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
New Picture!
Custom skill capes from the LevelCraft plugin.
300910_231897970200533_197447626978901_655529_925248868_n.jpg

MoTD GUI screen from the SpoutMOTD plugin.
311086_231897993533864_197447626978901_655532_1196842558_n.jpg

G4M3R_117

TNT
For a mod like this to work surely there must be downsides? Client side lag may be reduced but is it possible if we were to run this server side would become worse? Who knows ey?

Still I want to try it but I'll wait for the A-Ok from Kain before I EVER do anything relating to unlisted mods xD

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
hmm, I would say search for a server that uses Spoutcraft and lots of plugins with it and see the reviews of it, thats the best way to see if it has a downside.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't know if you know this but this is illegal, I asked Kainzo like last month or the month before that and sense Optifine is Illegal you cannot use Spoutcraft, And Heroes doesn't really have a need for Spout right now (imo).

G4M3R_117

TNT
No actually Neo has stated that optifine for 1.8.1 Was fine in game a few days ago if im not mistaken (Dont hold me too that but I am almost certain) But alas I agree dont use it untill there is an A-OK

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
It comes installed with the mods below, all they do is improve performance and I dont think HD Fonts or Textures are a problem, Sign rendering not a problem, biome water colors? Kinda can be changed in a texture, Rendering is Performance based, and chunk caching not a problem, I dont see why its not approved but Kainzo said he hasnt exactly looked into what it comes with.
OptiFine (OptiMine, OptiFog, OptiTick) integrated
HD fonts and BetterGrass integrated
HD textures support integrated
Sign rendering performance improvements
Biome water colors (watercolor.png usage)
SetRemainingAir/SetMaximumAir render correctly
Chunk caching

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
all this CURRENTLY does is on your side, there is no other health bar over players,etc. This is client side NOT server side as herocraft doesnt run spout. this will merely give you better fps, different launcher, and some tweaks to performance. Alot of the stuff seen requires the server you play on to HAVE spout installed, HeroCraft doesnt have this installed, perhaps in the future....

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
Same way you add mods to minecraft but you click .spoutcraft instead of .minecraft! (Adding this to post as well)

- Start
- [Search] %appdata%
- Roaming
- .spoutcraft
- bin
- minecraft
- Add your Mods!