• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spoutcraft reduce client side lag and more!

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
Spoutcraft is allowed, it doesnt have any mods in it that are not unallowed. Though from using it a little, I prefer using my mod pack. Mainly because I noticed a couple of problem with the chat mod that is built in that improved chat does better. That and it doesn't have a minimap.

(Click picture above to go to Spoutcraft Website)

(Click picture above to go to Spoutcraft Bukkit Forum)

spout_16x16.png
Download the automatic updater - jar - exe - app

spout_16x16.png
What are the features?
(Players must have the Spoutcraft client mod installed.)
(This is what Spoutcraft has installed once your download it.)
  • OptiFine (OptiMine, OptiFog, OptiTick) integrated
  • HD fonts and BetterGrass integrated
  • HD textures support integrated
  • Sign rendering performance improvements
  • Biome water colors (watercolor.png usage)
  • SetRemainingAir/SetMaximumAir render correctly
  • Chunk caching
  • Removes F3 coordinates and mob names (can be enabled with AllowVisualCheats=true in Spout's config)
spout_16x16.png
Spoutcraft, formerly BukkitContrib SP, connects the server and client which makes most of the Spout features possible. Some things such as inventory monitoring and the server speed improvements only require the Spout server plugin. Any player can connect to a Spoutenabled
server; they will just miss out on the features it has to offer. Spoutcraft is optional, but using it unlocks the real features behind the Spout plugin.

spout_16x16.png
Spoutcraft Milestones (see whats coming and what has been done!)
Spoutcraft Milestones - SpoutDev

Test Spoutcraft!
You can test spoutcraft via web-browser NO Log in Required!
http://www.spoutcraft.org/

spout_16x16.png
Modding Spoutcraft Breaks it! DO NOT MOD! Spoutcraft wasnt created to be modded soon it will have capability to add certain mods.

spout_16x16.png
How does Spoutcraft work?
Easily! All you do is download it, launch it like normal minecraft log in! I have been using it for a while now it reduced my lag and I play Minecraft so much smoother! It has tons of settings that you can configure to your liking, sure you will lag a bit until you mess with the settings! Spoutcraft does NOT work with servers that aren't using it! (Spoutcraft WORKS with Herocraft) You can still add your mini-map and all that.

spout_16x16.png
I think Herocraft should be forced to use Spoutcraft (Aslong Hero's Works)
Spoutcraft can add many tools! All of the pictures below are SERVER installed plugins! None of these are active or installed on your Spoutcraft Client.

Custom skill capes from the LevelCraft plugin
300910_231897970200533_197447626978901_655529_925248868_n.jpg
- Spoutcraft Launcher + Settings
313218_219816361408694_197447626978901_613620_1006178429_n.jpg
- Trading GUI, Wallet GUI, Healthbar and other info GUI (Picture)
298391_219741438082853_197447626978901_613439_2121839020_n.jpg
- Custom Blocks (Picture)
317591_219740711416259_197447626978901_613421_677448913_n.jpg
[ADMIN TOOL] (Picture)
291851_219741014749562_197447626978901_613429_477727930_n.jpg
-Custom wolf naming, Target indicator, Party GUI and health indicators (Picture)
313716_219740868082910_197447626978901_613425_1196671129_n.jpg
- XP bar, Healthbar over head
320646_219740824749581_197447626978901_613424_475276361_n.jpg

Demonxman

Obsidian
that looks... very good. whoever made that should give himself/herself a pat on the back!

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
Like I said it works with Herocraft so I would suggest trying it! if you want to add you client side mods do these steps

- Start
- [Search] %appdata%
- Roaming
- .spoutcraft
- bin
- minecraft
- Add your Mods!

@Kainzo could send in Heroes to get it added to Spoutcraft so it would work perfectly!

*cough* *cough* Petition above,
*(Reply Below Stating 'I <name> support this idea' to get added to the petition)*

I believe if you find reviews about Spoutcraft you will find nothing is wrong with it. Who knows even if you give it a try it could improve your preformence on Minecraft.

Something like this will be scheduled after release when we can have A TON of gameplay added (custom armor/items/mobs/animals)

Until then it's not officially required.

I believe its still great to use if you want less client side lag. And especially on how you said it will be required later on why not get used to it now?

I believe it is allowed sense it dosnt do anything except add Optifine and some other things or else Kainzo would have removed it, in order to get all the stuff above in the pictures it would be installed on the server and Spoutcraft would pick it up. It dosnt install x-ray or any cheating device because Spoutcraft actually dosnt support anything like that.

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
I am sorry, but i will NOT use this.

Any server that makes me install a mod that they made or you have to have to play, will not be used by me.
mods that have been used by everyone that plays MC, i will use.

why do i say this, because i like to play MineCraft HeroCraft not SpoutCraft HeroCraft. also, i do not know if the server is doing anything to my computer with these mods.
FYI any mod you install could have something in it to do "unknown" things to your computer. how do i know that "this" mod does not do that?

I am not say that "herocraft" will try and mess with my computer, nor do i think that it will. but i do not take chances like that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Something like this will be scheduled after release when we can have A TON of gameplay added (custom armor/items/mobs/animals)

Until then it's not officially required.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
I am sorry, but i will NOT use this.

Any server that makes me install a mod that they made or you have to have to play, will not be used by me.
mods that have been used by everyone that plays MC, i will use.

why do i say this, because i like to play MineCraft HeroCraft not SpoutCraft HeroCraft. also, i do not know if the server is doing anything to my computer with these mods.
FYI any mod you install could have something in it to do "unknown" things to your computer. how do i know that "this" mod does not do that?

I am not say that "herocraft" will try and mess with my computer, nor do i think that it will. but i do not take chances like that.

yet you install rei minimap and improved chat...... O_O so arent you indeed playing with 'unknown' things to your pc?

spoutcraft is used by 80% of the community, its taking over bukkit plugins as a better method.
i understand your concern with 'mods' and all the 'scary stuff on the webs' :)

you will probably get more crud from browsing the internet then via a jar file that a game uses.
i enjoy playing here and dont want to rock the boat. i dont like the improved chat, too buggy and takes up way too much of screen space atm, needs to be smaller and off to the side more. i digress.....

to each his own at this point :)

( any suggestions for a better chat onscreen, i am open to suggestions, and might help out others.. improved chat just doesnt cut the mustard...)

so we can install this on the client side and it is allowed? i would rather ask then to install and get banned later :p

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
@Plasma its iffy,
[[16:29:16] <T1|Valyou3> Kainzo, to clear something up is Spoutcraft allowed to be used or is it bannable for using it at the moment?/QUOTE]
[16:37:05] <@Kainzo> Depends on the mods that come pre-compiled with it
[16:37:09] <@Kainzo> i havent checked recently
[16:37:15] <@Kainzo> since optifine is now legal - it may be good to go

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
so far

What are the features?

(Players must have the Spoutcraft client mod installed.)
  • OptiFine (OptiMine, OptiFog, OptiTick) integrated
  • HD fonts and BetterGrass integrated
  • HD textures support integrated
  • Sign rendering performance improvements
  • Biome water colors (watercolor.png usage)
  • SetRemainingAir/SetMaximumAir render correctly
  • Chunk caching
  • Removes F3 coordinates and mob names (can be enabled with AllowVisualCheats=true in Spout's config)
BukkitContrib was the "alpha" name and was never set in stone and its known as Spoutcraft now.
doesnt look like anything bad or that would break current rules etc
iffy......

i dont like allow visual cheats bit tho.. if it enables mobs names from a distance.. its ruins it and that is cheating.. anyway of testing...?? or finding our for sure??

GraRona

Portal
Some servers I played on with spout, made it optional but if you DID use it, you would get tons of perks and features like a player backpack for extra inventory and a portable crafting bench. I think it should be implemented with some optional features (maybe not as advantageous as the ones listed above) like when you use a toggleable skill like sneak, It would show sneaking in the corner of the screen or something like that. So yeah... @Dasoren it could still be optional but not mandatory. If you did use it you would get many benefits though.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
This does look great! This is a different client though? I can see how Herocraft would benefit from using this.

GraRona

Portal
I'm fine with this as long as it is not required because my past dealings with spout have given me many crashes.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
from what i can gather.. we can use it, its not required by server and herocraft will be using it inthe future to expand gameplay.

correct??