• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spoutcraft reduce client side lag and more!

Mariohgcz

Legacy Supporter 7
Wait, when Spoutcraft does come into Herocraft (if it ever does) will we HAVE to be added into the game? To be honest with you I don't like the idea of playing on a server that forces you to download a Mod to make it work! :(

You said it could be optional, but then you said that the people with Spoutcraft would get tonnes of perks? Like what?

I am just confused with the whole thing. To me it looks a lot like the Better than Wolves Mod and those Technical Mods, in the sense that there are tonnes of options, bars everywhere and all of that crazy stuff. :( I just like simple Minecraft, with maybe some simple additions, like the Heroes plug-in that is on the server.

Also, how do you know I can trust this Mod?
It's not a mod, it is a custom client, it IS added, but it isn't necessary to play.
Trust me 80% of the bukkit community is changing to Spout.

Mariohgcz

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm looking for a little help with spoutcraft; i have 2 queries. I just downloaded Spout, and it makes me lag soooo much less! :O However, I don't seem to be getting any sound from mc, any tips?

Also, how do I go about installing imp chat and reis minimap on spout?

Fixed my mods, got that working! :D Still dont have sound though :(
Before logging in, go to options, and in allocated memory, check the 1 gig option.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
Wait, when Spoutcraft does come into Herocraft (if it ever does) will we HAVE to be added into the game? To be honest with you I don't like the idea of playing on a server that forces you to download a Mod to make it work! :(

You said it could be optional, but then you said that the people with Spoutcraft would get tonnes of perks? Like what?

I am just confused with the whole thing. To me it looks a lot like the Better than Wolves Mod and those Technical Mods, in the sense that there are tonnes of options, bars everywhere and all of that crazy stuff. :( I just like simple Minecraft, with maybe some simple additions, like the Heroes plug-in that is on the server.

Also, how do you know I can trust this Mod?
There is no plans to fully use spoutcraft, its just a nice modded client built to work with bukkit to allow custom content on the server to integrate with the client. Also, the way spoutcraft is designed, it will never be required. Also, if you trust bukkit there is no reason to not trust spoutcraft.

Demonxman

Obsidian
well, you can trust it by running it through ever antivirus/protection software you have and seeing if it has anything on it. other than that USUALLY someone before you has done that and has said it's clean. if you think it's got something malicious on it then don't download it. simple.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Fair enough. Glad it won't have to be used in order to play the server! :)

So, what about these perks you speak of? :p

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Well if you look at some of the examples given in the first post, i'm imagining custom weapons for different classes, custom armor. health bars all that sort of thing :D

Before logging in, go to options, and in allocated memory, check the 1 gig option.

I allocated 4gig, is thatgood? :D

EDIT: hmmm with 4gig still not getting sound, trying 1 gig now :D

EDIT2: not getting sound with 1gig either :(

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
@MajorasMask perks such as viewable health bar HUD, viewable capes, HUD Message of The Day, Possibly secret items.

Why you can trust it, it only connects your account to Minecraft.net and its on bukkit I believe if Bukkit found out a plugin is taking or abusing people accounts it would be removed. I have never heard anyone complain about Spoutcraft using players accounts in a negative way or even doing a thing to them except connecting it to Minecraft.net

G4M3R_117

TNT
@MajorasMask perks such as viewable health bar HUD, viewable capes, HUD Message of The Day, Possibly secret items.

Why you can trust it, it only connects your account to Minecraft.net and its on bukkit I believe if Bukkit found out a plugin is taking or abusing people accounts it would be removed. I have never heard anyone complain about Spoutcraft using players accounts in a negative way or even doing a thing to them except connecting it to Minecraft.net

This, I remember when a certain Admin tool mod was actually gathering info on everyone's IP, MC account PW ect. Bukkit was blacklisting that mod in a matter of minutes after release. There is no need to worry!

GraRona

Portal
Well, It's on Bukkit and if Bukkit hasn't removed it yet, then it's probably safe. They claim that the auth system is encrypted so they can't steal you password.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
all this CURRENTLY does is on your side, there is no other health bar over players,etc. This is client side NOT server side as herocraft doesnt run spout. this will merely give you better fps, different launcher, and some tweaks to performance. Alot of the stuff seen requires the server you play on to HAVE spout installed, HeroCraft doesnt have this installed, perhaps in the future....

HeroCraft runs spout. it's how you get Crafting XP with Heroes.

Digicrack0

Stone
Hey, could someone help me install the minimap mod? i used mc patcher on the original .minecraft, but i still get a white screen when i try to put the mod in. halp?

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
Hey, could someone help me install the minimap mod? i used mc patcher on the original .minecraft, but i still get a white screen when i try to put the mod in. halp?

Wait till Spoutcraft updates which is about 13-14 days. It should have capability to add certain mods. Right now modding it normally breaks it.