• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Personal Worries about HC

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Never said it was a democracy, i don't think that everything should be up for voting. I am not making a point about the system of control on HC, just talking about criticism and its reception in general.
You used America as an example, America is a democratic republic. I will not state my opinion about your post in general, I am simply pointing out a flaw in the comparison.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
You used America as an example, America is a democracy. I will not state my opinion about your post in general, I am simply pointing out a flaw in the comparison.

Actually in a democracy everyone votes for everything the US is more like a Republic in which we elect people to vote for us on most things.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Its actually funny because in my AP-Social Studies class we had a questionair of some sort about basic SS and it asked "What type of gov is the US" and only 3 kids actually said it was a republic(including me :) ) and it was soo funny because some people were getting into it like "U KIDDING ME YOU DONT EVEN KNOW AMERICA IS A DEMOCRACY" then they were silent when our teacher told us the answer.... Most people have the common misconception that america is a democracy.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
Its actually funny because in my AP-Social Studies class we had a questionair of some sort about basic SS and it asked "What type of gov is the US" and only 3 kids actually said it was a republic(including me :) ) and it was soo funny because some people were getting into it like "U KIDDING ME YOU DONT EVEN KNOW AMERICA IS A DEMOCRACY" then they were silent when our teacher told us the answer.... Most people have the common misconception that america is a democracy.

And that's merely what is clearly stated within our documents. In practice the United States behaves more like an Oligarchy where politicians are influenced heavily by lobbyists who are typically the wealthy top percent. I'm not saying the United States isn't a Republic by design, but just looking at Herocraft, the design isn't always the result.

For the most part, power over who plays and how we're allowed to act is controlled by the staff, ergo an oligarchy, but you can't deny what really makes this game what it is. It's us, the ones who built the buildings, forged the towns, made friendships and rivalries, waged wars, and inspired the lore. Where would Herocraft be without us? On that thought, I honestly appreciate every effort made by the staff to keep this game full of involved people and to weed out some of the more destructive elements. I also think they go awry at times, you can't expect much else from any person, and we're all people here.

I think this whole thread has been very healthy and much needed for the community. A lot of negative emotions were brewing and plenty of fingers were pointing, but at the end we can all realize we're a bunch of people making a home and community for each other. Except Kainzo, he's just trying to make a neat game.