• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Personal Worries about HC

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7

Let this be known as the first day in history of everything and all things that strongholdx and HolyRane have agreed on something. What a interesting day indeed. Also, I understand and support the majority of your words and statements about the issues at hand. I feel that if these "issues" were fixed in some manner, or at least addressed the server could move forward to a greater direction.

An example of the issue I see is:

I posted a proctor app. -> Waited 9 MONTHS for a reply, I would be 100% satisfied with a big NO in all red, caps locked onto it. But instead the thread was LOCKED with no answer, well to me this promotes confusion, I have no clue what this means, other than that people considered it a troll application?

Whereas: Person B posts a staff app -> gets accepted within a week even though they have never even been heard of on the server.

A

alexhoff1

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head come to think of it, but that generic text was more pointed towards the more obscure bans.

remember dg? I still do. The only thing I remember is that "suspected" word...

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with this, these are my thought exactly

Let this be known as the day that Rane and I agree on something

Make that twice (perhaps you HAVE changed)
/rant

This

This

And this are the same spoon-fed-bullshit shpeals that I got from the staff.
Why did I quit? (And this is going to rustle some jimmies) The corrupt management.

I will not name names but when I saw player after player hack with IRREFUTABLE evidence that they had done so, they all got a slap on the wrist. I saw people (namely the original tree creepers, but there were many more) get banned upwards in 10-15 times before the hammer came down. Then on the flip side you'd have some guy break one rule once and BAM the management says "We have no time for rule breakers. Break the rules and break your membership"

Bull
Fucking
Shit

What was the difference between that guy and the people who could freely hack at a whim? PvP.
The players who got away with nearly everything, time after time, were always PvPers. If they didn't promote PvP on the server the management had no problem banning them. If they did then the management would ask them to take an 'involuntary' break. It was said that HC was not a PvP only server but for some strange reason, it was 90% PvP and 10% fear of it.

And then you get Kain saying things as such

Why does he not see the point? Because its his server and he does what he wants with it. You can -NOT- change anything. Everything is under the jurisdiction of the management and the management is under the jurisdiction of Kainzo. Welcome to Kainzocraft, stay as long as you like. (no sarcasm intended here, no ill feelings toward Kain either, it just so happens that he is in utter control of this server(because it his) and for the record: He does a fine job)

One thing people don't know about me is that I sent a VERY long winded letter to all the admins (right before I quit for good) exclaiming my (and many other peoples' worries) about Herocraft and the direction it was headed. It was thought out, planned for almost a week through a collaboration of authors and then submitted.

What did we get?

We were called selfish for thinking of ourselves instead of the server (which was false), we 'insulted' the staff with the letter, we lost, they pointed their fingers at us and said 'lolnope'. We were shot down ultimately because the management didn't like our way of doing things. Because we liked it when the game was Minecraft - because that's what we came to play.

Is that wrong? No, its their server, let them do as they please. If you don't like the way things are, leave, that's what I did. I'm happily situated on a Vanilla server. Point being that THIS IS NOT YOUR DOMAIN, don't pretend it is, don't pretend it can be.

Moral of the story: This is not your universe, it is a universe set by the guidelines of the management. You can urge them to change the guidelines, but unless you're the management, they're not going to be changed. You came here to play, and either you play what you're given or you go elsewhere. I loved what I was given (so much that I put my paycheck into it), until I was spoon-fed the same bullshit over and over and over and over again. If you want out, get out, if not stay in. The only middle line is mine, I dislike the game, love the community. That's why I stick around here.

A long time ago, carmeops put it like this

Ignoring the anger directed at Kain himself, Carmeops makes the point that THIS IS NOT MINECRAFT. If you wanted Minecraft you are in the wrong place, go elsewhere. Look at the server you play on. Is it how you want your experience to be? Do you enjoy the limitations of the class system or do you enjoy a more freestyle play method? Do you enjoy the city politics or would you like a more peaceful environment?

These are all questions you need to ask yourself, then ask yourself if those aspects are in this server, if not, go elsewhere. The management only cares about you so much, tomorrow (hell in the next 10 minutes) another player will replace you. Herocraft isn't going anywhere because of this. If you leave you can also come back and you'll still hold your same status. Stay or go, that is up to you.

/rant
Little drunk atm, but I was at a point and I had others at a point thinking ill of you. I know that I was now wrong. I enjoyed the post and it speaks truth. I can't make a long winded post right now so I'll leave it at that, but thanks for the feedback man.

A

alexhoff1

Little drunk atm, but I was at a point and I had others at a point thinking ill of you. I know that I was now wrong. I enjoyed the post and it speaks truth. I can't make a long winded post right now so I'll leave it at that, but thanks for the feedback man.

Think about that confession when you see this alert in your inbox and maybe you will see something new.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'm not sure where everyone is actually going with this thread. You guys seem to just be ranting about anything that bothers you.

May I suggest, then, that we have a ''rants'' section of the members forum, where we can bitch/complainall we want about stuff both in game and in the forum?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
In some ways, strongholdx is right, Herocraft is run by The Staff, the staff consists of the brave and wonderful founders, the marvelous admins, the awesome moderators, the guiding guides, the excellent proctors, the wiki gods, the coding wizards, the balance team, the heralding heralds, the marvelous designers, and the future staff will take some people's places as time goes on. To which most of the gameplay changes are because Kainzo made the decision to make Herocraft not just another Minecraft server (let's be honest, it's not even advertised as such), but an RPG server.

While I've been mod back in Zeal and I'm now mod again, I've seen quite a bit of what has been described as people's rage that HC is no longer the HC of Sanctum. That's to be expected. To this day, I hear some elites who still recall the days of Sanctum and become nostalgic. Change happens when the gameplay changes. Change happens when the community grows and becomes more diverse. Change happens when change is necessary.

I've seen where HC went since Sanctum and I have a feeling of where HC is going. Will everyone like it? Of course not. But a majority of the community will continue to stick around because that's what communities do.

*Will continue to watch and see where this thread goes*

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
I know this thread may have turned into a general bitch thread, but the point is we are stating our issues that we currently can see, and hope that it is being read by more important individuals. I hope this thread won't get locked for a while, because I for one like a lot of the content being discussed.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
This thread will only get locked if people start attacking other people or writing things along the line of 'This server sucks because everyone sucks!' kind of stuff.

My view on the easy topic first:
It has been known for a long time the direction Herocraft will be and has been moving in. Could we have a straight vanilla server for people who don't want to play Heroes but like the Herocraft brand? Maybe, sure. I don't like seeing people leave, but the staff understands not everyone is into what Heroes has become.

My view on the tougher topic:
I almost didn't want to say anything on the topic of staff, because I'm not sure I can come up with anything constructive. Staff are different people, who see things differently. We've seen growing pains in the past, but I'd like to think we've overcome those in a positive light. I can only speak for myself, but I, and I hope the other staff, distance themselves from the players when it comes to ruling. Since I've been an admin for the past few months, I have only dealt with issues I was personally a part of, and base a vast majority of my rulings on the player's records. There's no other good way to do it, I feel, which ends up making the 'high profile' players with large files seem targeted when it comes to my rulings.
The rules are what they are to make this place better, however with the large playerbase and some of the systems in place, people try to finagle their way through loopholes that we can't always plan for, hence the 'unwritten rules' (which tend to be us mediating an issue by comparing it to the current rules list and seeing how it fits). Do staff make mistakes? Sure, I know I personally have apologized to several players for irrational rulings. But until we can merge the staff into a hive mind or hire someone to make all the decisions about all the actions all the players take, there will be differences in how staff members handle things.

I like seeing threads like these because, as strange as it may seem, it shows players do care about this server, and I'm always willing to listen to their opinions.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Note:
I still have Sanctum server files for alpha 1.7 :D

No, these files arent for sale.

Let this be known as the first day in history of everything and all things that strongholdx and HolyRane have agreed on something. What a interesting day indeed. Also, I understand and support the majority of your words and statements about the issues at hand. I feel that if these "issues" were fixed in some manner, or at least addressed the server could move forward to a greater direction.

An example of the issue I see is:

I posted a proctor app. -> Waited 9 MONTHS for a reply, I would be 100% satisfied with a big NO in all red, caps locked onto it. But instead the thread was LOCKED with no answer, well to me this promotes confusion, I have no clue what this means, other than that people considered it a troll application?

Whereas: Person B posts a staff app -> gets accepted within a week even though they have never even been heard of on the server.
That's the application process. I have personally told you "no" when you asked if you should apply. You have bans on record.

Were you knocked on your head recently or just don't recall any of this?

I know the staff are leading the server in a different direction than the beloved sanctum and zeal days,
but what really bothers me is that the community is getting out of control.

What I'm talking about is that people are stuck in their little town communities and don't participate enough in the server community to get to know people. This again leads to people who don't care about eachother.
I think that's why you can't enter PVP in any forum today without getting dick, looser, faggot, "you suck", "Suck my dick", "I own you all" and so on thrown into your face all in shout with caps activated.
I know people don't do it to insult others, and I can't say I get insulted by it, but it makes things less classy, and you get a really bad impression of other people.

I'm not going to name anyone who acts this way, cause they know they do themselves and most of the server community know who they are.
This is one of the many things witch makes me wanna do something else when I log into herocraft.
I believe you are referring to the internet as a whole... People have been doing this on this server since Map 1, day 1. I doubt we will ever not see cliques of players looking out for their own good.

In my eyes telling a player straight up what is going to happen with their ban is better than leading one on. And staff should not make the appeal a priority but they should get to every appeal in equal time. Again, some appeals are settled in days while others take months. It just seems absurd to me
Repealing bans is last on my priority list, right after donating blood.
As it should be - banned players are either suspects or confirmed abusers/harassers/exploiters/sodomites.

If you arent giving the whole truth about your situation, you will remained banned.

Favoritism is so hard to avoid with opinions existing. You can avoid it all you want, but the moment it ticks in your head, you won't even notice it. Psychology ftw? And I mean hatred in itself is opinionated, I mean even without change, a person can be cool or misunderstood.

Though the factor with this is how aware people are when it happens.
There's no favoritism here. I stand by that with full confidence. I will ban and remove, promote and demote the right people. I don't feel one way or another about anyone here. A spammer and repeated offender will always get harsher treatment - this is protocol.

Do I prefer hard-workers to be staff members? yes.
Do I think people who can barely form coherent sentences are fit for staff? no.

Heroes | Karma and other things are in-planning for Herocraft RPG.

If Herocraft RPG isnt the server for you, I hope that we host a server you'll like. The name of the game is changing - this isnt an easy junction and I will stand-by my beliefs and convictions no matter who gets soured or shows discontent about them.

Herocraft RPG (most popular)
Herocraft Creative (up and working)
Herocraft FTB (up and in testing)
Herocraft HungerGames (In process)
Herocraft WallsPVP (Merged with HungerGames)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I know the staff are leading the server in a different direction than the beloved sanctum and zeal days,
but what really bothers me is that the community is getting out of control.

What I'm talking about is that people are stuck in their little town communities and don't participate enough in the server community to get to know people. This again leads to people who don't care about eachother.
I think that's why you can't enter PVP in any forum today without getting dick, looser, faggot, "you suck", "Suck my dick", "I own you all" and so on thrown into your face all in shout with caps activated.
I know people don't do it to insult others, and I can't say I get insulted by it, but it makes things less classy, and you get a really bad impression of other people.

I'm not going to name anyone who acts this way, cause they know they do themselves and most of the server community know who they are.
This is one of the many things witch makes me wanna do something else when I log into herocraft.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
I believe you are referring to the internet as a whole... People have been doing this on this server since Map 1, day 1. I doubt we will ever not see cliques of players looking out for their own good.

This is obvious enough, though I do remember a time where cliques were easier to approach. I've been called a social butterfly at times, so I'm used to hanging about with any clique that's near me and not really shut people out, yet for a long time I've been very limited on who I can actually spend time with.

Originally, towns were secure(by work of no-PvP zones, though it's clear these are no longer wanted.) and thus people generally didn't fear allowing people into their TS channel or Herochat channel. This meant, despite cliques, you could generally talk with anyone, anywhere, about anything, and this would only possibly change in times of war, but now it's as if we are in a constant war without something that makes the idea of full conflict a risk.

A part of this is the current state of PvP. I'll say it as, "There's too many opportunities to disrupt a town." and I should know this well enough, spending most of my time with the Newerth crowd these days, and it makes no sense what-so-ever for a town with capable players and some large numbers to see constant raids, most of which can magically pass through any defense through a myriad of measures and set up recalls. This is, I believe, because the way things are right now allows every opportunity to get inside someones town and disrupt their activities.

I'm very excited to know that these matters are already being addressed and will be released in the hopeful future. It's heart-warming to see community-harming issues being handled, and well enough for Kainzo to be within his vision. Even if it isn't an instant success, it's the progress that matters.

/end praise of Kainzo

I'd like to get it out there that I'm not anti-PvP, though I prefer not to involve myself in it. It's simply as a rational person I'd like to see some limit to what can be done. In a standard war-time MMO, There's always NPCs there helping to make the enemy think a bit more before deciding if the assault is worth it(which will soon be in place with guards). A town is supposed to be a place of security, not a battlefield to be ran across whenever you get the feeling.

With the coming removal of world-pvp ranking, people will have to deal with the spoils being their reward, or just getting a kick out of using their new Hero-powers on some innocent noob. This I find fine enough. There's no need what-so-ever to encourage PvP further than being able to get the diamond weapons off someone else or the gold of an enemy.

Those are my main issues with the current PvP, which are being quite well dealt with. Which I have some right to let out here, since this is a "Personal Worries about Herocraft" thread.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I love all the feedback :3

Kainzo I'm speaking generally. Not presently though. I'm not sure if favoritism exists myself, but I do feel its possible to come and I trust you can make it go :p as I've seen you do in the past. Now I'm fine with the RPG aspect and the growth that way, I really only made this thread in hopes that IF anything was going on in the background people could fix it. (Bit off topic, but when I referred to 'Favoritism' I more meant opinionated, was just using a word players could understand more)

Alator thanks man, I really hope it stays civil. I honestly care more than I should as a lowly player and freelance lore writer/mini-guide. Players who quit now got me hooked where I met people I can truly call friends here. Without HC, I don't think I have anywhere to just hangout haha.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I really just want to give players the choice to do their own thing on Herocraft. I want to deter bad behavior / assholes by implementing systems that discourage said activities. I don't want to stifle interactions with the community but open them up more.

The karma system is a hard system to implement and get right but I feel it is a step in the right direction. Heroes is deeply integrated in our server and we probably won't ever not-see it for the RPG side of things, I hope to make Karma just as integrated.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
In my opinion, people should be able to speak their minds as long as what they have to say is civil. I am not talking about people telling each other that they suck in a polite manor. I know a lot of people who had perfectly logical things to say (the things were not about bashing other people), who have been either too afraid to say it because they did not want to face the repercussions that they thought might occur. This fear is not even an illogical one, i have seen too many people get muted, their threads or posts get deleted and even banned for speaking their minds.

HolyRane i completely agree with you.
No one has been banned for speaking their mind in a coherent, logical fashion. You statements lack any factual support.

Will we remove or delete posts that have users spamming stupidity and other nonsense? YES. That's what moderating is all about.
If someone makes a post stating "This is why Herocraft is dead" - or something similar - we will remove it - reread your TOS/EULA if you have questions. We reserve the right to remove anything that we find is "against" the community.

macura

Diamond
No one has been banned for speaking their mind in a coherent, logical fashion. You statements lack any factual support.

Will we remove or delete posts that have users spamming stupidity and other nonsense? YES. That's what moderating is all about.
If someone makes a post stating "This is why Herocraft is dead" - or something similar - we will remove it - reread your TOS/EULA if you have questions. We reserve the right to remove anything that we find is "against" the community.
Sometimes criticism is what is needed, not things like "Ha you suck", but constructive criticism. Unfortunately there is a very gray area in between the two and people's intentions are frequently misunderstood. I think a lot of HC's problems could be fixed if everyone addressed problems and confronted them head-on.

For a lack of a better example i will use this one. If a man in america criticized the government because he saw something wrong some people would agree with him and some people would call his unpatriotic. The man might be called unpatriotic because he disagrees with the government but he is just trying to help. If problems that we have that are in a touchy situation never get brought up there will not be progress because nothing will change. The problem will just grow until it is just an elephant in the room, continueing the get worse. It is kind of like digging out a bullet, it might hurt like hell but is it something that needs to be done.

This is not a direct response to your response, i am only clarifying my opinion relative to my first post. If you take this as a criticism to the server as a whole, it is, however it is a constructive one. :)

macura

Diamond
The problem with this statement is that this is not a democracy, its a Oligarchy.
Never said it was a democracy, i don't think that everything should be up for voting. I am not making a point about the system of control on HC, just talking about criticism and its reception in general.