• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Personal Worries about HC

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
First and foremost this is not a rant about the server.

Been thinking about HC as of late, it seems to be changing so fast and its hard to keep up. Friends are enemies and enemies are friends and so much more with the plugins and such. Just extremely overwhelming to have new staff members to learn and blah blah blah.

What's my point? Well I miss the days when I could sit with Player A who the staff hated and not have him banned over stupid stuff that I know I'd get away with hands down. Its frustrating because I'm not the only one seeing it. I don't fear for HC, but myself. I love the server and such, though I'm unsure of the current path its heading and if my moral standards match. Its more that I hate watching communities die (Sub-communities more like I mean) based on something uncontrollable for myself.

I won't get to personal things, not my point of this thread, but I want my old server back :( I miss all the players who quit or were banned based on opinions rather than enforcement and just general chasing off players that are hated by a few.

I also would like old friends to treat me like a friend rather than like some underling >.> COUGH COUGH.

Though I probably won't quit, it has passed my mind a few times as of late. Not too sure if I ever could though :(

A

alexhoff1

Been thinking about HC as of late, it seems to be changing so fast and its hard to keep up. Friends are enemies and enemies are friends and so much more with the plugins and such. Just extremely overwhelming to have new staff members to learn and blah blah blah.

What's my point? Well I miss the days when I could sit with Player A who the staff hated and not have him banned over stupid stuff.

Its more that I hate watching communities die (Sub-communities more like I mean) based on something uncontrollable for myself.

general chasing off players that are hated by a few.

New staff members so we don't overwhelm the.. 3? active staff that we had. Opposed to the 5-6 we now have...

They are banned for legitimate reasons, whether or not the staff hates them is irrelevant. Also, they are probably hated because they were given some sort of "parol" for a permaban, more or less. (Because of that they aren't allowed to do ANYTHING illegal, and also stuff adds up, whether or not the trigger point is completely valid or not.)

Sub-communities? - Work on the communities first and don't be a general (insert word here) to players who you want to be friends with.

This happens all the time, and the problem is either the few or the one, You kinda have to pick between them.

I do agree that the community is going down and doesn't seem to stop though...

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't fear for HC, but myself.

Guilty Conscious, Ban 'em.

I kid. I kid.

On Topic.

Most people I see banned are for legit reasons. Some people only get away with stuff because the person they abuse doesn't know its Illegal or doesn't know how to Petition. If your so sure that you would get away with it, go ahead and try, lets see how far you get.

While you may miss friends/people that are banned they were banned for the greater good of the server. Imagine if certain others weren't banned because someone liked them and V-clipping was still going on. Its apart of human nature to miss that of what we once had, however the past is the past and all we can do is move forward.

It's ALSO human nature to be self-destructive. Once someone in the community reaches that point, they are removed from the system. Kind of like the Matrix, we are the Users and the Admins/Moderators are the Agents. However there is no Morpheus or Neo here, and there is no need for someone of that nature.

The system works fine, if you miss older players that are banned why don't you e-mail them? Msn, Skype, play League of Planetside with them? Just because they are banned doesn't mean you cant stay in contact with them, nothing is stopping you from saying "Hi" outside of Herocraft but yourself.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
New staff members so we don't overwhelm the.. 3? active staff that we had. Opposed to the 5-6 we now have...

They are banned for legitimate reasons, whether or not the staff hates them is irrelevant. Also, they are probably hated because they were given some sort of "parol" for a permaban, more or less. (Because of that they aren't allowed to do ANYTHING illegal, and also stuff adds up, whether or not the trigger point is completely valid or not.)

Sub-communities? - Work on the communities first and don't be a general (insert word here) to players who you want to be friends with.

This happens all the time, and the problem is either the few or the one, You kinda have to pick between them.

I do agree that the community is going down and doesn't seem to stop though...
Sub-communities as in towns and kingdoms.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I dunno. If Player A really has done something to develop a reputation for him/herself that the staff had true reason to hate him/her for, then that's their problem. Bias is something you can't escape in any scenario (in this case when applied to staff), though I do understand entirely where you are coming from.

In my opinion and based on my experiences, people never change. Reputations are there for a reason.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Change is change my friend and nostalgia is a drug that we all love getting high off of. I personally hate change but we cant change anything and we just have to roll with it. Make the most of it.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Change is change my friend and nostalgia is a drug that we all love getting high off of. I personally hate change but we cant change anything and we just have to roll with it. Make the most of it.
Change in itself implies that the inherent qualities of a person or thing's character remain, while the more malleable aspects do not.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I won't say names, but its not that anyone changed, its that they found purpose in what I gave them. But it was not the same for others it seems.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I disagree; growing in awareness and maturity does not equate into character changing.
Have you not seen the difference in me in between the time I got banned last map and now? My maturity has not changed in the slightest nor has my "awareness". Change in possible in people. I hate that saying so much.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
To an extent change can be possible, but one's congenital characteristics will always maintain their presence.
Keep of mind irl happenings effecting how players act. Sometimes people go through the worst of the worst, and they need to vent t somewhere. That type of thing can make people change. I for one have massively changed since I joined HC.

Not to be off-topic, but that is a VERY ignorant statement and I think I am a fantastic example of that not being true, I believe victim130 may even attest to that.
Yup, Rane is a perfect demonstration of change. He is quite different from how he was on Sanctum.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Have you not seen the difference in me in between the time I got banned last map and now? My maturity has not changed in the slightest nor has my "awareness". Change in possible in people. I hate that saying so much.
I disagree, from my lens you seem much more mature. Elements of "ShadoWall555" are readily evident, though. Nonetheless, you're still the same person.