• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mob Arena - Live bug report thread!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for using Mob Arena! Post your issues here!

(internal use -
Download:
information.png
| Changelog:
| To-Do & Known Bugs:

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
When you join the Mob Arena and are in the spectator room, you cannot get out by typing /ma leave. It will say you have left, but tp you back into the spectator room. When you try again, it says "You are not in the arena." Basically there is no way to get out.

tabletop

Gold
Scan cannot be used in the MA. This makes it impossible to prioritze healing to teammates.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Greetings I recently tried mob arena for the first time. Overall it was nice. Upon entering the arena. We had to wait bout 5 mins for everyone to join the same party. Then took awhile for everyone to figure out u have to hit the iron block and not the sign. Next thing i noticed since i picked caster class sign (I'm a necromancer) I was given Books, Cookies, Strings (not bad I can use those) and coal. also a porkchop. most of these items would be good to bind spells to. But as for reagents, only the string proved usable. So during the battle, I could cast web, fireball, Despair (utterly uselss on mobs) and drainsoul (why this was nerfed - lvl 30 skill wtf?) oh and scan, and i guess battery could have been good.. no skeleton or unholy ritual (no bones). Also becomedeath awesome as it is doesnt work in mob arena unless I somehow could drown in the 1square of water. I know mob arena still in early stages and I applaud kainzo for his work. Hope to see things improved for necromancers who wish to partake in the future. :)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Greetings I recently tried mob arena for the first time. Overall it was nice. Upon entering the arena. We had to wait bout 5 mins for everyone to join the same party. Then took awhile for everyone to figure out u have to hit the iron block and not the sign. Next thing i noticed since i picked caster class sign (I'm a necromancer) I was given Books, Cookies, Strings (not bad I can use those) and coal. also a porkchop. most of these items would be good to bind spells to. But as for reagents, only the string proved usable. So during the battle, I could cast web, fireball, Despair (utterly uselss on mobs) and drainsoul (why this was nerfed - lvl 30 skill wtf?) oh and scan, and i guess battery could have been good.. no skeleton or unholy ritual (no bones). Also becomedeath awesome as it is doesnt work in mob arena unless I somehow could drown in the 1square of water. I know mob arena still in early stages and I applaud kainzo for his work. Hope to see things improved for necromancers who wish to partake in the future. :)

^^This.

In summary, give the caster kit some more bones.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When you join the Mob Arena and are in the spectator room, you cannot get out by typing /ma leave. It will say you have left, but tp you back into the spectator room. When you try again, it says "You are not in the arena." Basically there is no way to get out.
For now, staff can port players out or you should be able to /kill

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
spec kits would be a great improvement to make i think, its annoying that i cant use half the armour i am given as a warrior spec :/

only bug I have seen thus far was after i died i spawned with half a heart. Nothing major since you regen that fairly quick, and it only happened once

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
spec kits would be a great improvement to make i think, its annoying that i cant use half the armour i am given as a warrior spec :/

only bug I have seen thus far was after i died i spawned with half a heart. Nothing major since you regen that fairly quick, and it only happened once
25 different specs, not likely you will see each spec getting their own sign. It is likely that we will provide more armor per spec selection

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Woops, completely forgot about this thread..

Upon entering the arena. We had to wait bout 5 mins for everyone to join the same party.​

I agree. players who join MA should automatically be added into the same party. Many people were requesting this in game. Every time a new game starts, five minutes is spent getting participants into one party. It's a bit like herding cats.

I live by this motto: "Bring solutions, not problems." So here is my solution:

Main Class
Listener

No clue if this works. I didn't test it, wrote it in an hour, and I never have worked with Heroes or MobArena before. Sure your devs could tidy it up if the suggestion was accepted, this code was written to save them time. Also might share this code on Bukkit.org

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Woops, completely forgot about this thread..

I agree. players who join MA should automatically be added into the same party. Many people were requesting this in game. Every time a new game starts, five minutes is spent getting participants into one party. It's a bit like herding cats.

I live by this motto: "Bring solutions, not problems." So here is my solution:

Main Class
Listener

No clue if this works. I didn't test it, wrote it in an hour, and I never have worked with Heroes or MobArena before. Sure your devs could tidy it up if the suggestion was accepted, this code was written to save them time. Also might share this code on Bukkit.org
are you a programmer?

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I am a programmer. This is my first and only released bukkit plugin, which is a work in progress. I also know more languages than Java. I'm also a former minestatus top 50 server administrator/developer. I've left the server staff business to work on development. Small world, I used to work with @cereal on a daily basis on the same server staff, and I ran into @Sleaker a few times in IRC while helping cerea1 test LocalShops 4 (dev).

But I digress. After more playtesting of MA, I've noticed the length of games in the sewer arena are longer than desired. It's a rather big arena, so if players are in one corner, they are not directly engaged by all the mobs spawned (I beleive it's naturally a <16m radius for mob targeting to happen [chunk width], excluding endermen which targeting is based on different code ). Shrinking the arena slightly may help.

Another solution is the addition of static hazards: deep water pits, soulsand, cacti, raised platforms, or lava. I don't recommend fire-lit netherrack as it can be put out by players. Hazards add some depth to the game and can hurt or help players. The addition of hazards along the edges also keeps players from camping against the walls. This should help against two players holding their own for ten minutes against hundreds of mobs.

Having the arena destructable also adds more depth. Making it so that the more the arena is destroyed, the more dangerous it is, also adds more "ante" to it as well. Would certainly match the hardcore difficulty of everything else. The only drawback is every time the arena restores itself, it eats a bit of performance. This performance loss is comparable to worldediting a few chunks (small on an admin scale).

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
The MobArena source code I was referencing hadn't been updated since December, so no surprise there. I was worried about R5 breaking certain parts of the plugin. Hopefully garbagemule can update it. If he does, that solution could be ported over if it's wanted.

Looking forward to 1.2 and post-R5 bukkit development system, but that's going to be a busy busy time for server staff and plugin developers everywhere..

5pyPig

Legacy Supporter 4
A list of gear you might want to give for warriors and their spec'd classes. This helps a warrior be the tank for his group by giving armor to cover all body parts.

Warrior Kit:
  • Full Set Diamond Armor
  • Full Set Iron Armor
  • Full Set Chainmail Armor
  • Sword: Iron, Diamond
  • Axe: Diamond
  • Shovel: Diamond
  • 1x Iron Door
  • 2x Cactus
  • 1x Health II Potion (In case of no healers in party)
  • 1x Iron Bar
  • Whatever food you want to include.