• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Mar13] Ultimate Mod Pack for Herocraft

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
RE: [Feb27] Ultimate Mod Pack for Herocraft

Yep, that's because ModLoader is a piece of shit and breaks custom fonts. But is needed for the minimap. No way around it I'm afraid. You need to remove the fancy fonts first.

What you have to do is: before installing the texture pack using mcpatcher, open Misa181.zip then delete the fonts folder. Now, when using mcpatcher, untick the box that says Hi-Res font. Install. Done.

Enphynity

Air

Ok, at long last it works!! What an ordeal. Thanks for all your help

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

Yeah it's a pain in the ass. Distributing the modified minecraft.jar file would be the way forward. But that's copyright infringement...

Check this thread for the modified Misa texture pack: http://herocraftonline.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=964

Dysprous

Legacy Supporter 6

Ilsyde, you rock! This one works better for me than the UMP_24Feb.exe, thanks again.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4

Doesn't work with the GLSL shader mod.

Despite it being an awesome mod pack, it just wrecks the shaders which I'm not willing to part with.

In an older version where there was a non-aggressive installer, that DID work with the shaders.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

No, that's not UMP's fault.

I have UMP, mcpatcher and GLSL shaders installed on top of each other. In that order.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4

I'll try again with a fresh minecraft.jar in your order, right now the shaders don't work at all and text is all messed up: http://d.pr/BPl5

edit: I just dowloaded a fresh minecraft.jar, installed UMP (worked fine), then mcpatcher w. the latest misa's texture pack, I got this: http://d.pr/rsBG
It seems installing with the hi res font makes the text characters too far apart, and without it they're too close together. This might be an issue with misa's pack and UMP, rather than UMP and something else. Sometimes when I install mcpatcher, it works fine but ump seems to get removed.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

Read the very first post on this page. That will answer your question.

There is already a new modloader but I'm still waiting for the new minimap.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4

Oh wow thanks! :)

Was pulling my hair out, I ended up installing all the mods separately, but when I got to ModLoader to get the minimap working - well you you know what happened. Guess I should lurk moar ;P

Twiser

Iron

Hello, I can't install the UMP. The only thing that I get is minimap.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong ? My system is Win7 x64

Here is what I'm doing:

Step 1: Download UMP from 1st post where it says "download the ULTIMATE MOD PACK"

Step 2: Opening UMP.exe with administrative privileges.

Step 3: Pressing D

Step 4: Opening minecraft.jar in .minecraft/bin/ folder

Step 5: Copying ALL files from folder C:/UMP/ to minecraft.jar

Step 6: Downloading .txt file from 1st post where it says "DOWNLOAD THIS"

Step 7: Opening minecraft and pressing T and typing ~script D:run , but it saying

ERROR: File D:Run doesn't exists
Script executed

P.S. I tried to delete .minecraft and install clear minecraft from launcher

PP.S. I tried to put .txt file on desktop, in folder .minecraft and .minecraft/bin/ , but STILL NOTHING =(

Hoping on your help.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

I'm on a 64bit Win7 myself. Try to follow the instructions from the first post. Also do the steps in the Troubleshooting section.

You don't have to move the files at all. The script file ("run") doesn't have a txt extension. If you convert it to a text file then use the command ~script D:run.txt instead (D is for Desktop).

Hope this helps.

Twiser

Iron

Ilsyde said:
I'm on a 64bit Win7 myself. Try to follow the instructions from the first post. Also do the steps in the Troubleshooting section.

You don't have to move the files at all. The script file ("run") doesn't have a txt extension. If you convert it to a text file then use the command ~script D:run.txt instead (D is for Desktop).

Hope this helps.

Thank you it helped, I deleted .txt extension and it worked. (You might want to add some information about this for dummies like me :) )

P.S. What texture pack was used on the screen shots ?

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

I was using Aza's texture pack to make those screenies: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=64678

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
[size=large][align=center]released a new UMP[/align][/size]

No major changes but Chat Logger is back and ModLoader 5 means that UMP is finally compatible with high-res fonts! It is now safe to install Misa's or any other pack for that matter.

Enjoy!

Oh, forgot to mention that although the minimap in this pack is the latest version, I've altered the graphics for waypoints etc. to make it a lot more user friendly again. The one you can download from MCforums.net will be a bit different (and a lot worse, imo).

Also, I've been asked what UMP really is and what it does. In short:
1) extracts all 6 mods (62 files altogether) to one single folder
2) opens your minecraft.jar and replaces META-INF\MOJANG_C.SF with a dummy file
3) moves all 62 files from the folder that was created in step 1) before closing minecraft.jar

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
the bind key in numpad6 is quite useless now :p

and, btw, can you add the lapis lazuli color in the minimap? it's like a chunk error when you look at lapis on the minimap

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Yes, you can fix it but have to do so manually. The new "owner" of the minimap mod is a lazy c*nt.

- open C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\colors.txt
- copy&paste the following:

Block:21:2633C4
Block:22:2633C4
Block:23:333333
Block:25:AADB74
Block:26:FF0000
Block:92:FF9CFF
Block:93:FE6562
Block:94:FE6562

This will add lapis lazuli, lapis lazuli block, dispenser, note block, bed, cake and redstone repeater.

It's actually better to add you own keyboard shortcuts to the "run" script file as players have unique needs. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll remove that from the next version.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
What would I do to unbind the /r command to the R key? I use R for my inventory button.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
If I'm not mistaken, the in-game command would be ~delete bind r to remove that binding. Then type ~bind KEYHERE /r \ where KEYHERE is the button you want to use for quickreply instead.

Other than that, you could just open the "run" file using a text editor and edit the fourth line.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Got it, thanks for the hint.

The keybinding script is perhaps the most useful thing in the modpack for people with lots of commands available to them (or those who jump channels often), and whoever is responsible for that gets snaps from me!

Xianith

A frightening Cactus!
Is there a way you can incorporate this into the next version?
I hate the black outline XD

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=200249