• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Mar13] Ultimate Mod Pack for Herocraft

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
[align=center]» Ultimate Mod Pack «[/align]

This pack contains all the client-side mods that are approved and recommended to use when playing Herocraft. All credits go to the mod creators. Read below for the complete list!

[align=center] [/align]
[align=center]download the ULTIMATE MOD PACK[/align]

1) delete the folders C:\UMP and C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\wd1966\, including their contents
2) install UMP on a clean minecraft.jar file
3) DOWNLOAD THIS, place it on your desktop then send the command
~script D:run when in-game to kickstart Improved Chat extensions:

in-game commands will appear in red for added security
everything you type will show up in the correct chat channel colors
R -> autoreplay to the last person who messaged you
NUMPAD7 -> join Off Topic
NUMPAD8 -> join Elite
NUMPAD9 -> /home
NUMPAD4 -> join Help
NUMPAD5 -> join Local
NUMPAD6 -> /spawn
NUMPAD1 -> join Trade
NUMPAD2 -> /ch who
NUMPAD3 -> /who

[align=center]» getting a black screen after installing UMP? «[/align]

1) delete the file minecraft.jar from C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\
2) delete the file version from C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\
3) start Minecraft.exe and login to download all original files (don't use the webclient!)
4) exit Minecraft
4a) force-quit Java if it's running in the background (press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, click the Processes tab, click on Image Name at the top, look for the entry javaw.exe then highlight it and select End Process)
5) install UMP (don't install anything else at this point!!!)
6) start Minecraft.exe (don't use the webclient!) and see if everything works

[align=center]» mods included in UMP «[/align]

[align=center]Minimap by Zaneris and Lahwran[/align][align=center]additional credits go to Zaneris for the idea behind the auto-installer[/align]

MMO-style minimap in the top right that shows terrain, waypoints and coordinates featuring an in-game menu that lets you set a number of options, assign colors to your waypoints and zoom in or out.

Shortcut keys can be rebound by opening the following settings with a basic text editor: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\zan.settings
Block colors can also be changed by editing the hexadecimal data under: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\colours.txt

video from Zan, showing off features

coor.gif

[align=center]UI Fixed Scaling by Advize and GenuineSounds[/align]
Disables UI scaling to keep it the same size no matter what resolution you are running. Also makes the chat box and font a lot smaller so it doesn't obstruct the gameplay area.

gui.gif

[align=center]Improved Chat and Chat Logger by wd1966[/align]
first picture: Press R then type in your answer right after someone messaged you via /msg to take advantage of the quickreply feature!
second picture: Do you sometimes send messages via the wrong chat channel? Well, not anymore! Anything you type from now on will show up in the correct channel color!
umpchat1.png
umpchat2.png

Overhauls in-game chat box mechanics and adds tons of powerful features:
• tabs! - command is ~tab new <tabname> ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab to cycle through tabs, ~tab blink on to make tabs blink when a new message arrives
• movable cursor - move through typed text with left and right arrow (if you hold CTRL you'll skip words)
• copy and paste - use CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy and paste text
• browse previous commands - use UP and DOWN arrow keys to recall messages and commants sent in the past
• scroll chat history - using PageUp, PageDown or mouse-wheel allows you to scroll through the chat history
• bind text(commands) to keys - use the command ~bind key text
This simply binds a line of text to a button, so when you press that button you will send that line to server. For example ~bind numpad6 /ch t will make you join the trade channel whenever you press 6 on your numeric keyboard.
If last character in line is \ then text will appear in chat box so you can edit it. For example ~bind p /ch t \ will open the chat box with the characters /ch t already typed in whenever you hit p on your keyboard, so you can chat in trade without leaving your current channel.
• type ~list bind to list all existing key bindings
• type ~delete bind KEY to delete the key binding for the KEY button
• chat logging - the log is saved under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\wd1966\ with timestamps.
• built-in command list: ~help

[align=center]Convenient Inventory by Evenprime[/align]
Fast Transfer: move items between containers and the player's inventory with only one click

SHIFT+click on an item to move the whole stack
ALT+click on an item tt move all stacks of the same type
CTRL+click on an item to move one block

Fast Crafting: craft a full stack of items and automatically move it into your inventory

ALT+click on the crafting area

Sorting: automatically sort the contents of your chests/dispensers/inventory

mouse middle-click to sort blocks by their ID code!

[align=center]ModLoader by Risugami[/align]
Doesn't have any in-game use but Zan's minimap needs it in order to run.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
RE: Ultimate Mod Pack (highly recommended for Herocraft)

You're too kind to us, Il. Thanks a lot!

Beyondvalor

Legacy Supporter 5

Ilsyde, you are amazing. Thank you so much!

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

Cheers guys, glad you like it... and that it works. Figuring out the auto-installer was a pain in the ass but worth it in the end. Enjoy!

psychojake

Glowing Redstone

I like the idea, but I have a few problems with it.

It cannot find the directory:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\UMP\UMP
and
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\UMP\META-INF

it says no such file or directory and then it says
java.io.IOException: Error in writing existing jar file
at sun.tools.jar.main.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.tools.jar.main.main(Unknown Source)

but then it says

UMP installation complete...

Press any key to continue...

Anyways, I like the idea, just probably not compatible with what I have in AppData. It'll be easier for me to just DL individually, kudos for making this though!

Pacatafox

Stone

Only problemn with better light is that it makes stuff darker :(

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper

Help me out if ya can.

With No UI Resize, I don't get any extra options in the game options menu. It does make the UI smaller, but no options.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

Ye umm that's my fault... forgot to delete the old description. The test version of UMP included a mod that let the user change scaling. The problem was that - according to the creator himself - resizing the GUI froze the cursor and it became very annoying to scroll through the zoom levels as the client froze with every click.
I tested this and got so angry that I've taken it out (simply because it's shit) and included the one you have now - the scaling is fixed so you cannot change it but that's the optimal setting. Anything larger and you can't see anything from the textbox. Anything smaller and you can't read the minimap coordinates or the chat. Believe me, I tested it and that feature was unnecessary.

Thanks for pointing that out!

@Pacatafox that's true but that the game looks crap without Better Light :icon_biggrin:

psychojake

Glowing Redstone

Thanks for posting the .rar I'll use that instead. :D

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

Please try the other two installers first. If one of them works then I can modify the main patcher for you and others who might have problems. Thanks!

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

Q: Is this pack compatible with the Mac version of Minecraft? If not then will you look into that as well?
A: No and no.

My main reasons to back this up are:
1) mods are a pain to install on a Mac and sometimes you need additional applications for them to run, depending on the OS version
2) I wouldn't be able to properly test the Mac version of UMP and I don't "publish" things I can't support

You can go to each mod's forum and look for the Mac installer (if there is one). But like I said, if you come across a problem then I can't help. You need to ask the Mac users or the mod creator on the MC forums.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6

lol, my over-protective Norton 2011 said it was a virus, thanks for this though, makes everything easier

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

Haha yeah, just told Mikespillow yesterday that Norton is one of the worst internet security software there is. Try not to use it. There are free alternatives that are a lot lot better/reliable and don't bring the system to a crawl.

Anyways, have fun using UMP. I'm expecting an Improved Chat update that will let us:
- do away with the chat box background color so darker names can be read easily
- see what channel we're in when typing to avoid mistakes

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
RE: [Feb08] Ultimate Mod Pack - highly recommended for Herocraft!

[size=large]!!! UMP has been updated, Auto Equip temp removed. Reinstall UMP on a clan minecraft.jar to get rid of any issues !!![/size]

Changes:
- new version of Improved Chat (no major changes but please re-read the description in the first post to help you set up the autoreply key!)
- new version of Chat Logger (log is now saved to a different directory and you can manually set timestamps)
- new version of ModLoader
- new mod called Auto Equip!] removed! It was causing weird issues.
- installer now unpacks files to your C: root directory, should work for the rest of you (if not then let me know)

Warning:
If you get a black screen then you need to delete your existing minecraft.jar file then re-install both the custom texture pack you were using and the latest version of UMP.
Make sure you run mcpatcher after installing UMP or you'll end up with a black screen again!

Enjoy the mods and have fun playing Herocraft!

ZELLIS

Banned
RE: [Feb09] Ultimate Mod Pack - highly recommended for Herocraft!

I'll see what I can do in terms of a mac version.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
RE: [Feb09] Ultimate Mod Pack - highly recommended for Herocraft!

[size=large]!!! important UMP update !!![/size]

Brand new version of Improved Chat with custom scripts!
- autoreply key that shows the recipient's name!
- everything you type will appear in the correct chat channel colors
- change the opacity or color of the chat box using the ~histColor COLOR and ~histOpacity # commands where COLOR can be black, darkgreen, darkblue, darkred, darkteal, purple, gold, gray, blue, green, teal, red, pink, yellow or white. # is value between 1 to 100 (1 is transparent chat box, default setting is 50)

first picture: Press R then type in your answer right after someone messaged you via /msg to take advantage of the quickreply feature!
second picture: Do you sometimes send messages via the wrong chat channel? Well, not anymore! Anything you type from now on will show up in the correct channel color!
umpchat1.png
umpchat2.png

Known bugs: if you press the chat key twice without sending anything, a blank line will be displayed in the chat window. Instead, use ESC close the chat bar!

A few words about the installers:
As you might've noticed, there are two installers available. The aggressive (recommended) will implement the quickreply for the letter R and the text coloring. However, it will also delete all bindings you had beforehand (if any). It's well worth the sacrifice as you can rebind the keys after installing the update.
The soft installer won't implement the new functions and will leave your key bindings alone. Instead, you're required to do it manually. Read the first post on how to set up the autoreply feature then type ~script run to enable text coloring. Remember, you can use the first installer to do all this automatically!

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6

Ilsyde said:
Haha yeah, just told Mikespillow yesterday that Norton is one of the worst internet security software there is. Try not to use it. There are free alternatives that are a lot lot better/reliable and don't bring the system to a crawl.

Anyways, have fun using UMP. I'm expecting an Improved Chat update that will let us:
- do away with the chat box background color so darker names can be read easily
- see what channel we're in when typing to avoid mistakes

actually 2011 ia great, and i prefer my virus protection to be over protecting than under. With the free ones. They usually wont delete immediately if they suspect something to be a virus, just tell you and wait for you to do something. Last time i used one of those. My computer had been compromised in under 4 hours (while i was at school)

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
RE: [Feb10] Ultimate Mod Pack - highly recommended for Herocraft!

Microsoft Security Essentials, NOD32 and Avast are one of the best and the first one is completely free, the second one has 30 days trials that you can use as many times as you want (giving you full protection) and although the third one is fully priced, you can register to get the free version. Without the firewall etc. of course but you can get those elsewhere - again, for free - or just use the Windows built-in.
The main problem with Norton is that it's a resource hog. As soon as you licence runs out, try Avast for example ;) Though you want to re-format your HDD first as Norton itself acts like a virus and is almost impossible to get rid of properly.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
RE: [Feb10] Ultimate Mod Pack - highly recommended for Herocraft!

!!! important UMP update !!!

Empty line bug has been fixed! Apply the aggressive (first) installer again. (Unless you've already run that yesterday. In that case, use the other one.)