• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
NoLagg... probably not needed - but ill let you decide hah... not sure how well tekkit manages entities and lag.
Tekkit runs off CraftBukkit 1.2.5 and they didn't have the new 1.3.2 feature that clusters entity drops. NoLagg helps with that in the very least, it also has some customization we can investigate. So long as it doesn't conflict with other mods/permissions or harm performance we can at least have it as an option...

I'm sure once we port over to the BEAST we will have much better performance, but I had to do something on the test box.. even a 2000 block edit was crashing me out, but the server eventually finished and we could log back in.. going to test today if NoLagg makes any difference.. From what I saw last night I felt a bit of a performance boost in just wandering around, but that could also be from the 1.2.5r5 update.. I will keep everyone posted as we go forward :)

How'd you like that light setup? xpeterc1 is the man!!

Time Zone: UTC+2
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: more than 1 year
What is your experience withTekkit mods: I have setup a multiplayer server with both IndustrialCraft and BuildCraft and played on that server for about a month.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': IndustrialCraft(advanced) and BuildCraft(beginner)
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I can lead when necessary. However, due to my current position in RL I prefer to perform assigned tasks.
Reason you should be accepted: My ability to work well with others and future contributions to this server may prove useful.
Additional Info: I look forward to working together with others to create impressive builds, who's complexity and intricacy exceed the limitations of vanilla Minecraft.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
xpeterc1 Don't hate me .... How hard would it be to 'invert' the shuttle bay lights.. What I mean is instead of always Off, interval On.. change it to .. Always On, interval Off? If you catch my drift..

Also, I copy/pasted the Entrance to the other side of the ship.

Also, also, can you leave your circuitry exposed within the housing area, I'm going to make a "maintenance" entrance and I keep breaking your blocks by accident from below..

Tankz!!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Tekkit runs off CraftBukkit 1.2.5 and they didn't have the new 1.3.2 feature that clusters entity drops. NoLagg helps with that in the very least, it also has some customization we can investigate. So long as it doesn't conflict with other mods/permissions or harm performance we can at least have it as an option...

I'm sure once we port over to the BEAST we will have much better performance, but I had to do something on the test box.. even a 2000 block edit was crashing me out, but the server eventually finished and we could log back in.. going to test today if NoLagg makes any difference.. From what I saw last night I felt a bit of a performance boost in just wandering around, but that could also be from the 1.2.5r5 update.. I will keep everyone posted as we go forward :)

How'd you like that light setup? xpeterc1 is the man!!
Sounds good :) and yeah sorry about the suck test machine.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
No, we added a whitelisted and whitelisted everyone who had applied.
I must have missed your application. I'll add you now!

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Gotta love it when a plan comes together. MAD Props to Drastikos for help with building out our Engine / Warp Core .. Check it ...

2012-11-12_031204.png

2012-11-12_031248.png

Things are really starting to take shape!!!

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Kainzo, Danda, unknownloner, or anyone with suggestions...

What does HeroCraft use to handle teleports? Specifically, I want to be able to select various destinations from a single point then teleport to it, and vice versa.. Trying to setup our "turbo lift" elevators to move between ship decks as well as the Shuttle Bay destinations.. Does MultiVerse Portals Handle this?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also need to know how you have HC permissions/groups/protections setup so I can keep a similar theme on H-TEK... Kain if you have time to point me to an example on the test box I will figure it out from there :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo, Danda, unknownloner, or anyone with suggestions...

What does HeroCraft use to handle teleports? Specifically, I want to be able to select various destinations from a single point then teleport to it, and vice versa.. Trying to setup our "turbo lift" elevators to move between ship decks as well as the Shuttle Bay destinations.. Does MultiVerse Portals Handle this?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also need to know how you have HC permissions/groups/protections setup so I can keep a similar theme on H-TEK... Kain if you have time to point me to an example on the test box I will figure it out from there :)
Hmm, Multiverse probably wont do well for that then... SignPortals, maybe? I'll have to think about what we used to use for multi-point portals.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
For permission based stuff take a look at Test's permission file. That's a copy of Live from about a week ago if I'm not mistaken.

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
If you are still accepting applications to the Tekkit testing team here is mine:
Time Zone: GMT
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: Almost a year
What is your experience withTekkit mods: I spend a lot of my spare time playing on tekkit SP and others servers.
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: One of my favorite mods would have to be EE but I also enjoy using railcraft.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': I am very experienced with almost all of the aspects in EE and am getting to grips with most of railcraft. I am also very good when it comes to IC2 and BC because they are the main mods I have used since I started playing on tekkit.
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I would be better at following orders and completing objectives assigned to me although if needed I would be able to lead a team.
Reason you should be accepted: I feel that I should be accepted because I have been playing tekkit for a fairly long period of time and am very experienced with many aspects of it as I spend a large amount of my spare time on SP tekkit and many of my friends servers along with my own.
Additional Info: I would love to join the testing team because it would give me even more of a reason to play on tekkit. As well as that I find that I run out of goals on tekkit worlds fairly quickly and being part of a team to help test the server would mean that I almost always would have a purpose on the server and would very rarely run out of things to do.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
FYI - Stopping the server for about 20 minutes to perform backups, maintenance, updates.. Will update this post when it's back up.[DOUBLEPOST=1352906893,1352906861][/DOUBLEPOST]
You have PM...

EDIT: Need to keep it down for a bit longer than I anticipated.. Updates to follow...

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Ok, I've got good news and bad news...

First the bad news...
MCEdit does not play well with RedPower's Microblocks.
  • Most all of the little detail blocks are misplaced or missing. So we have a lot of clean up.
  • This also means we will have to add another phase to our build out, a detail & polish phase...
  • We also had the beginnings of some map corruption...
But that is it for the bad news.

The good news...
Map corruption is gone, I've copy/pasted Zealot onto a new FLAT world and I'm setting a WorldBorder limit.
Also, we now know what we have to deal with when we copy/paste the Zealot Spawn to the production map.
  • With this in mind, do not focus on the little micro-blocks as we will only have to clean them up and replace them again when we roll out to the final production map.
  • Hopefully this will make the build-out go much faster as we can work on the general layout and build vs. the final details.
More good news...
We now have a large bulk of the plugins installed, including the following:
  • bPermissions
  • ChestFix
  • ChestShop
  • CommandBook
  • CommandTicks
  • CraftBook Circuits
  • CraftBook Core
  • CraftBook Mecnahisms
  • CraftBook Vehicles
  • DeathTPPlus
  • HeroChat
  • iConomy
  • MagicSpells
  • MobRider
  • MV-Core
  • MV-NetherPortals
  • MV-Portals
  • MV-SignPortals
  • Residence
  • RuneCraft
  • SignSetColor
  • SimpleColors
  • TagAPI
  • TreeAssist
  • Vault
  • WorldBorder
  • WorldEdit
  • WorldGuard
  • More to come...
Other News...
We will need to test for full functionality and compatibility with the installed plugins, (not the tekkit mods). Some have conflicting permissions and features so be aware if things act differently for a couple days while we iron it out...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Other other news... I can't seem to figure out which plugin is overriding or bypassing the Server.Properties file where I have it set to FALSE for monster & animal spawns... ugh..

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
So much good news .... WIN!
..and like you said, maybe the bad news will work out for the best in the end. :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Other other news... I can't seem to figure out which plugin is overriding or bypassing the Server.Properties file where I have it set to FALSE for monster & animal spawns... ugh..
Multiverse. I'll log in now and disable it if you want.

EDIT: Disabled Monster and Animal spawns.
For future reference. The command is /mvm set [property] [value] [world]
Here is a link to the command reference wiki:
https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Command-Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.