• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I am happy to announce the staff at HeroCraft are embarking on a journey of
EPIC PROPORTIONS!!1!!1!1!!one!!
:rolleyes: Ok well maybe not that epic, but I'm excited about it... :p

The
Resurrection
of

HeroTEK - Tekkit Server

That's right, in addition to all the awesome content already provided in HeroCraft we are also going to supply you with a Tekkit style server to play on.

We are currently in the beginning stages of testing so we need volunteers with knowledge of the various Tekkit mods to help us decide how to best provide an enjoyable and challenging experience to our player base.

We also need testers and mod specific team leads who can really dig in and root out any issues or exploits. If you would like to join Team TEK-Test, that's Team-TT's if you're cool like that, then submit a completed application in this thread using the form below.
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft:
What is your experience withTekkit mods:
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why:
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise':
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader:
Reason you should be accepted:
Additional Info:
About Tekkit:
Tekkit is the SMP (Survival Multi-Player) version of the Technic suite of pre-configured mod packs. The Technic Launcher provides easy setup and access to Tekkit(SMP), Technic(SSP), Yogbox, Hack/Mine and Vanilla. All of which are great alternatives to switch up your Minecraft experience. The theme in Tekkit revolves around automation, industry, power generation and even some techno-magic thrown into the mix. The installed package of mods provides a massive amount of new content to discover and improvements over Vanilla MC.
How to play on HeroTEK
HeroTEK
will be running v3.1.2 of the Tekkit Server.
  • To play on HeroTEK you will need to download, install, launch and connect from the Technic Launcher. (Link)
  • Open the Technic Launcher, select the Tekkit option from the menu and it will install and configure under a new folder so you can login.
    • NOTE: The launcher will NOT change any files in your \.minecraft folder.
  • HeroTEK server information will be provided to testing applicants via PM until we are ready for open load testing.
Tekkit Mods:
Build Craft 2 - (MC Forum) (Official Site) (Wiki)
  • Additional Pipes - (Link)
Computer Craft - (MC Forum) (Official Site)
  • ccSensors - (Link)
Equivalent Exchange 2 - (MC Forum) (Official Site)
Industrial Craft 2 - (MC Forum) (Official Site) (Wiki)
  • Advanced Machines - (Link)
  • Compact Solars - (Link)
  • Nuclear Control - (Link)
  • Charging Bench - (Link)
  • Immibis's Forcefields - (Link)
Rail Craft - (MC Forum) (Official Site)
Red Power 2 - (MC Forum) (Official Site) (Wiki)
Balkons Weapon Mod - (MC Forum)
Ender Storage - (MC Forum)
Immibis Core/TubeStuff/Dimensional Anchors - (MC Forum)
Iron Chests - (MC Forum)
Nether Ores - (MC Forum)
Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones Edition - (MC Forum)
Not Enough Items - (MC Forum)
Power Converters - (Link)
MAtmos - (MC Forum)
Rei's MiniMap - (MC Forum)
Inventory Tweaks - (MC Forum)
Tree Assist - (Link)
  • Full tree cutting is disabled, fast leaf decay is enabled.
RuneCraft - (MC Forum) (MC Wiki)
Magic Spells - (Link)
MC MMO - (Link) (Wiki) - Rejected 10/11/2012
Forestry - (Link)
ArcanaCraft (ThaumCraft3) - (Link)
MystCraft - (Link)
TropiCraft - (Link)
Fossil Archeology Mod - (Link)
Doggy Talents - (Link)
Twilight Forest - (Link)
Extra Biomes XL - (Link)
Mo'Creatures - (Link)
Creeps & Wierdos - (Link)
Others...
Recommended Texture Pack:
You will need both packs.
Sphax PureBDCraft
  • Available in 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x (recommended), 256x and even 512x
Tekkit SMP 3.1.2 v1.4 Addon Pack for Sphax PureBDCraft
  • Available in 32x, 64x and 128x (recommended)
  • Download the SAME resolution for BOTH texture packs listed above.
    (I recommend the 128x packs for each.)
  • Open both texture packs in a WinZip or WinRAR program.
    (I recommend WinRAR.)
  • Arrange the file windows so you can see the contents of both at the same time.
  • Select ALL the files (CTRL+A) from the Tekkit 1.4 Addon Pack.
  • Drag and Drop them into the Sphax PureBDCraft Texture Pack.
  • Close both windows.
  • Put the now merged Sphax PureBDCraft file in:
    • %appdata%\roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit\texturepacks\
  • Start the Technic Launcher and login to Tekkit.
  • At the Minecraft Menu screen click Texture Packs and choose:
    • Sphax PureBDCraft 128x.zip (this may take a few moments to load and respond)
  • Click Done and enjoy your new textures.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
HeroTEK Team TEK-Test

Latest Updates:
We have updated the server to Tekkit 3.1.3 which means you need to update your client to meet the same...

When you open Tekkit click the Options button and select either:
Always use development builds
or
Manual build selection & then - Select Modpack build: 3.1.3 | 1.2.5 | Latest

Then you can click OK and login

Recent Video Test

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Also - not really interested in mcmmo - tbh. Magic Spells / Runecraft seem fine
Sure thing, just wanted to give the players something inline with HeroCraft. Maybe we could port a version of HeroCraft's code over to Tekkit, or even better attach a Tekkit world to the Multiverse :eek: hehehe...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well - in general, a Tekkit server would also be to appeal to new player base, not just the RPG player base :)
Sure thing, just wanted to give the players something inline with HeroCraft. Maybe we could port a version of HeroCraft's code over to Tekkit, or even better attach a Tekkit world to the Multiverse :eek: hehehe...

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Well - in general, a Tekkit server would also be to appeal to new player base, not just the RPG player base :)
True.. Maybe we could come up with a tech/sci-fi theme'd "HeroCraft" that is more inline with the tekkit style..

malmenca

Diamond
IGN: Malmenca
Time Zone: EST
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: About a year and a half.
What is your experience with the Tekkit Mods: I've been playing tekkit since prior to its release. I began with Buildcraft and Industrialcraft (IC has come so far with IC2 and stuff)
What is your favorite Tekkit Mod and why: I always liked EE because of the mechanics of being able to turn crap into useful stuff. I find that because it has become significantly easier to "Finish" the mod, I'm partial to redpower now.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': EE, IC2, Buildcraft, I know a fair amount of Eloraam's Redpower, I've experimented with Railcraft, and computercraft is not my fortè but I REALLY like what it can do.
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I could easily lead a group to finish a project, even moreso if I like the project myself, I used to spend hours, and I mean hours, devising crappy machines and stuff that would be either mad redundant or super awesome and complex.
Reason you should be accepted: I play tekkit/ All of the above. In addition to just knowing about the mods, I've actively played tekkit up until about a month ago (I'm a freshman in college, been busy.)
Additional Info: I often watch tekkit videos (Odedex is my personal favorite youtuber) and so I'm very much up to date with mods and the updates. I like to have fun too!

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
IGN: Barnubus
Time Zone: PST
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: Over a year, since July '11
What is your experience with the Tekkit Mods: None
What is your favorite Tekkit Mod and why: Uh, the whole thing?
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': I don't really have any, sorry.
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: If I knew what I was doing, I would be able to, yes!
Reason you should be accepted: I'm a dedicated helper and willing to do any testing needed.
Additional Info: I don't know anything about plugins or coding/setting a server up, but I'd be more then willing to help test things, which I was told would be helpful! I'm here to help!

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Time Zone:GMT-400
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: since jan 34th
What is your experience with the Tekkit Mods: I have some experience with the tekkit mods, I play sometimes but am sort of unfamiliar with the lots of mods on tekkit
What is your favorite Tekkit Mod and why: Equivelent exchange, because it deals with supernatural things that happen in minecraft, and has alot of cool things like destuction catalysts
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': Equivelant exchange
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: Yes I would probably be able to lead a group well, I have experience doing it.
Reason you should be accepted: I have a good history on herocraft so I would want to do some tekkit things with Hc!
Additional Info: This is a quick app and its 11:41

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@Skaduush If you want some assistance with the back end setup etc feel free to ask
I know it's no small task :p

Status
Not open for further replies.