• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Application Form:
Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: Over a year
What is your experience withTekkit mods: Play tekkit more than Vanilla
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: Industrialcraft: I like working with machines and wiring.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': Industrialcraft
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I could lead a group if i needed to, but I would rather do a project by myself or a few friends.
Reason you should be accepted: Why not? :D I love tekkit and have been a long time member of Herocraft.
Additional Info:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Pretty sure we disabled nukes too. For obvious reasons..

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I think EE should be removed. A lot of people said that it makes the game insanely easy after you hit your first diamond.
@Skaduush in the first Tekkit server we did remove EE to bring more challenge

I am going to try very hard to keep as much of the content and other variables intact, albeit altered from their original states.

I'm taking a crack at de/re compiling the .class files in EE to reduce the EMC values for known exploits and any items that can be farmed or infinitely reproduced in some form. If anyone has any suggestions as to good (free) apps to use let me know. I'm playing with a JAD de-compiler this morning.

I'm also going to disable most of the Tier2/3 devices that make it so overpowered.

I've been reading all morning on the various exploits, problems, and what not that other servers are having with EE... If it becomes too difficult or just to time consuming to manage, we will simply pull it, but at least I can try to learn a bit of java code along the way :)

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Pretty sure we disabled nukes too. For obvious reasons..
On the Nukes... I would like to have them enabled at some point, but not 'place-able' or 'activate-able' in the initial released world...

IF HeroTEK gains enough momentum and we have a need for it, we can create a TEK-Warshard where people can blow each other to bits with nukes.. but we will cross that bridge down the line. Lets get the main exploits and bugs ironed out :)

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Random thought just crossed my mind... If we do this HeroTEK server right, it could be the HeroCraft "future realm" sort of speak... Like what HeroCraft would be 1,000 years in the future.. HeroCraft - TimeWarp or HC3000, or something like that .. Anyway, back to trying to play with EE .class files...

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
IGN: hanpeter77
Time Zone: EST
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft:I have been playing on herocraft for a little over a year
What is your experience withTekkit mods: I've been playing tekkit for about the past 4 months
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: My favorite tekkit mod would probably be Red Power 2 because of the kinds of machines you can make with the pneumatic pipes. Recently I have started using the sorting machine in the Rp2 mod to make amazing machines that work by themselves. I also enjoy ic2 quite a bit and I have a good amount of experience in using both of those mods.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': Rp2/Ic2
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I would be better with a strong leader.
Reason you should be accepted: I enjoy tekkit very much and I would like to help you with the tekkit server get started up.
Additional Info: I am excited about this and hopefully I can be of assistance to you :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Danda - you can update Skaduush on what we didnt have in for obvious balance reason. Hopefully it wont take too much away from playability on tekkit.

Nukes and EEs were the big contenders for abuse and unbalancing. I myself, know nothing about Tekkit, I've never played.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
That was pretty much it and I think we disabled mining lasers as well though I don't remember the reason atm.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I think EE should be removed. A lot of people said that it makes the game insanely easy after you hit your first diamond.
@Skaduush in the first Tekkit server we did remove EE to bring more challenge
EE can be easily restricted, It doesn't have to be removed, but we can keep some of the essentials of the actual mod For instance the philosophers stone and the repair talisman. And not only that but we could possibly have some of the more complicated stuff if we can balance it correctly IE the Destruction catalyst, Mainly because I Think we can change recipies (?) or perhaps set the Max layer usage (no overworld grief) Or even add a heroes level system to restrict the entire thing. But those are just ideas.
Ill be playing alot of singleplayer with this mod to expiriment with the ins and outs and possible things we could keep. Ill have a list hopefully by.... say tommorow ish

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
EE can be easily restricted, It doesn't have to be removed, but we can keep some of the essentials of the actual mod For instance the philosophers stone and the repair talisman. And not only that but we could possibly have some of the more complicated stuff if we can balance it correctly IE the Destruction catalyst, Mainly because I Think we can change recipies (?) or perhaps set the Max layer usage (no overworld grief) Or even add a heroes level system to restrict the entire thing. But those are just ideas.
Ill be playing alot of singleplayer with this mod to expiriment with the ins and outs and possible things we could keep. Ill have a list hopefully by.... say tommorow ish
Keep in mind that SSP =/= SMP back in 1.2.5 and there are differences between the two
So things that may be broken in SSP may not be in SMP and vice versa

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I keep that in mind all the time. All im saying is that even to balance it we may need to edit it. Not somethings but others.

Status
Not open for further replies.