• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
HeroTEK Team TEK-Test

Latest Updates:
We have updated the server to Tekkit 3.1.3 which means you need to update your client to meet the same...

I suggest you start with a fresh install of Tekkit...

When you open Tekkit click the Options button and select either:
Always use development builds

TekSettings1.png

or

Manual build selection & then - Select Modpack build: 3.1.3 | 1.2.5 | Latest
TekSettings2.png

Then you can click OK and login.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Wont let me connect with tekkit, then it crashes, Reinstalled it 3 times now >.> any help QQ
Is it crashing even when you try to play single player/local Tekkit?
If so then you have a local install issue...

On Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\
Then either backup (rename) or delete the " tekkit " folder.
Launch the TechnicLauncher and choose Tekkit from the menu and click the Options button (see above for details).
You need to ensure you are running version - 3.1.3|1.2.5|Latest.

Let me know if your issues continue.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Geting a new test machine soon - have the parts.
I would give you great big Panda Hugs till your eyes pop, but then you couldn't finish the server.. So I will just sit here and squeee in joy until it's done :) LOL

S W E E T ! ! !

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
General notice to all builders and testers...

Do NOT build infinite generating machines in spawn.
This is exactly the type of thing we are trying to restrict/remove from the game.
Don't get offended or upset or feel like I'm going to get angry. I'm not... I still need you all to build stuff, just make it look nice and appear to serve a purpose. Remember the Spawn is a 'mock-up' nothing has to be Tekknic'ly functional, if you catch my drift... Once we have the Spawn fleshed out we will focus on wrangling the exploits (of which I already have plans for several)...

I will setup a location we can build these crazy contraptions and see how badly they upset balance, make adjustments to correct/balance and test again until we are satisfied. The goal is to not be easy tekkit, not be a 'creative' world with tekkit stuff. It is to actually be a challenge and anything you can generate/create infinitely does just the opposite.
Any questions, please ask I am all about making this the best tekkit (maybe feed-the-beast) server Herocraft can offer.

Thanks!

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
General Suggestion when building in Tekkit...

Be aware of the number of Redpower MicroBlocks you use. The server has to render and save each. So, if you can accomplish the same look/feel with fewer blocks, try to do so...

Block of Iron GOOD
8 Iron Slab Corner Blocks BAD

2012-11-27_103638.png

When wiring for power it is always better to keep the flow as direct as possible. Having more than 1 path for energy to take causes the server to run calculations to determine values for each tic.

Straight Line Horizontal or Vertical GOOD
Interconnected 3x3 BAD

2012-11-27_105134.png

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
NEED HELP FROM COMPUTER CRAFT EXPERTS !!!!!
Danda, BPOtacon, and anyone else that is up to the task...
I need really nice looking display programs for the following locations...

Crew Deck Hallway, Medical Bay Display... Need something "medical" it must fit in the 4x7 monitor setup (the computers are hidden underneath).. Also keep in mind to avoid the decorative blocks I have framing out the monitors. It doesn't have to be fancy just look nice...
2012-11-27_114011.png

Main Surgery Room scrolling display up top - 1x5
2012-11-27_114441.png

Main Surgery Room side display - 2x3
2012-11-27_114423.png

Chief Head of Surgery's office.. 2 displays - 1x3 / 3x4
2012-11-27_114613.png

Science Display - Crew Deck main hallway - 4x7
2012-11-27_114254.png

Science Containment Chambers - 6 @3x4
2012-11-27_121023.png

Crew Lounge - BIG SCREEN TV !!!! ;) - 6x7
2012-11-27_114319.png

More to come

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I destroy my inf geo gen if you haven't already, and I totally got your communication on that stuff.

I'll look into some computer craft stuff too - I want to know more about that.

I showed Gab how to watch Star Wars on the big screen lastnight. Would be cool if we can play other movies, or play pong or somehting. Maybe I'll find something when looking into computer craft.

I'm making it work to be on in the evenings more often to help you finish this stuff up sooner.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I just restarted it, trying to setup the menus for the ship teleports between decks... let me know if you have an error

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Alright I'll look into creating displays with different GUI.

I'll play around and see what I can do.
Code:
--Settings
mon = peripheral.wrap("top") --Screen Side
mon.setTextScale(4)           --Text Size
strtpos = 12                  --Start position on screen
speed = 0.2                   --Scroll Speed (Seconds)
text = "Surgery"    --Displayed Text

pos = strtpos
poslimit = 0 - strtpos

while true do
 mon.clear()
 mon.setCursorPos(pos, 1)
 mon.write(text)
 sleep(speed)
 if pos == poslimit then
  pos = strtpos
 else
  pos = pos - 1
 end
end

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Forgive me in advance... I suck at the Tube of You... First real gameplay video I've ever made, so cut me some slack ;)

Quick video I made of the small lag spikes I am experiencing. I know a lot of people have been complaining of terrible, unplayable lag but I think it's client side. Other players are not stopped dead in their tracks, and neither am I...

Try to turn down your settings to a bare minimum and allocate more ram, 2G or more, to the Tekkit Client before you launch. (PC Upgrades wouldn't hurt either).

Tekkit can be a beast as far as minecraft goes simply due to all the additional blocks, calculations and other 'stuff' going on in the background. Hopefully with the new test server hardware going up we can get some improvements, and then finally when we port over to the production servers we will all be able to play. Until then please try to tweak your settings so you can login to test, build and help out.

Here are my basic PC Specs:
Tekkit Launcher - 4GB
Win7 64 bit - All drivers, java and other software updated regularly.
Intel i7 920 2.67GHz (OverClocked to 3.2GHz)
12GB DDR3 Ram (underclocked currently)
GTX 560Ti 1G
2 System drives:
-1 SolidState for the OS (load & reboots faster)
-1 HardDisk for apps and storage

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
^ Radiation FTW! lol

Here's a few pics of the Officers Quarters mock up for your viewing pleasure. ;)

They get their own little Kitchen.
2u9kdwj.jpg

The view into the living room. Bedroom is above - it's like a loft suite set up.
2cz7bl3.jpg

Living room. There's a stereo below the TV there, lots of books to read..
5cagsi.jpg

The view down from the Bedroom.
1zgxk4o.jpg

It kinda reminds me of layout from Total Recall (original), with some of the comforts you'd find on TNG rooms.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Ok lookin' GUUUD !!!

HeroTEK is up on the new test server hardware, seems to be running well. Check back a few posts for a video I created as a walkthrough of where we are...

MO POWAR!!!

So I have setup the official power banks on the outer hull of the ship. There are 3, located on the East, West and South areas of the ship (you can see the blue lines on the map below). North will be created once I get the front of the ship and guns built out.

They are made of HV Solar Arrays & MFSU's.
HV Solars Generate 512EU/t
MFSU can store up to 10M EU

There's a bank of 18 MFSU's with 3 Solars attached to each on the East and West. With a bank of 22/3 on the South.
That's 580Mil EU total storage!
Each MFSU/Solar 'segment' generates a max of 1526EU/t.

Please try and use these power sources for any power requirements as you build, keep the wires/cables neat and clean with as few bends and turns as possible, and HIDDEN where ever possible.

Let me know if you need help or suggestions on routing the cables!

2012-11-30_102310.png

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
System hostname
dhx.zapto.org (127.0.1.1)
Operating system
Debian Linux 7.0
Webmin version
Time on system
Fri Nov 30 10:43:34 2012
Kernel and CPU
Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 on x86_64
Processor information
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 4 cores
System uptime
9 hours, 54 minutes
Running processes
CPU load averages
0.75 (1 min) 0.70 (5 mins) 0.76 (15 mins)
CPU usage
19% user, 0% kernel, 0% IO, 81% idle
Real memory
7.82 GB total, 2.55 GB used
red.gif
blue.gif

Virtual memory
16 GB total, 0 bytes used
red.gif
blue.gif

Local disk space
671.93 GB total, 38.86 GB used
red.gif
blue.gif

Package updates
All installed packages are up to date
[DOUBLEPOST=1354293971,1354293949][/DOUBLEPOST]^^ new test machine heh

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
It is a hard and jagged pill to swallow but I must admit defeat. It is time to regroup, rally the troops and begin for our final assault...

What the heck does that mean!? ... The spawn project is too large, complicated, detailed and is causing way too many troubles for the average user to even login and look around. As Danda likes to say... "I'm playing on a toaster" ...

So, if your PC/Laptop/etc is not up to snuff, Tekkit is not going to be generous and caring. It's not friendly to those lacking in Ghz, DDR3's or don't know how many CUDA cores they are running. If your vessel to the world that is HeroCraft is or is near a 'toaster' you won't be able to play Tekkit with our current configuration, even after the Test Server upgrades or pushing out to the production server.

Where does this leave us?

I'm not one to give up and failure is not an option... We have two choices...

Put the MEGA Spawn project on hold (for use at a later date) and start fresh with a very simple and basic spawn.

or

"Gut & Clean" the current spawn to make it more Frames Per Second friendly to our fellow toasters?

Currently, I'm leaning towards start fresh and keep the spawn for a later project (outter-space skylands anyone?)...

What are your thoughts, opinions, etc. Please voice them here I really need to know how YOU the players want to proceed?

Kainzo, Apherdite, Danda, Archmage_Lloyd, BPOtacon, Barnubus , malmenca, Eliterubberduck, Hanpeter77, spartanfan17, Hydroking77, unknownloner, Laviathan, drpepper1344, Falker57, Didag, jmoney222, Keffalump, xpeterc1, TheHuntedPie, Pringle285, PewPewPewLasers, dils1, time_warp01, KrunknMunky, qsa123456789, Drastikos

Status
Not open for further replies.