• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 4.0 - A new hope! Sept 7th

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo What will be the official town limit?

I think a limit should be set for this map. If it doesn't work out the limit can always be lifted later in the map.

Also will town prices/taxes remain the same since the economy could very well be drastically different with Emeralds controlling it instead of Gold.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I hope I can make it for the Map wipe event (If there is one) and record it. :D Now I have to make new plans for the upcoming map.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Actually, if you find a villager, some of them trade 21 wheat for 1 emerald. I don't think putting emeralds as currency is a really good idea cause it's going to get exploited so fast easy on. Trap a villager - make a massive wheat farm - infinite money. I just wanted to be clear on that before anyone else does it.
With this ability the economy will adjust to the rough prices that will be set by villagers so diamond prices etc would be higher most likely. In terms of money for towns/plots etc Prices will need to be adjested slightly to compensate for this easier acquisition of money.

One comment- Emerald should have a higher price due to it being quite rare.
But you can also trade with villagers for it thus is a renewable resource so no. Due to what I said above to graink it should be lower if anything.
I'm kinda iffy about the glass domes being illegal.
Towns aren't meant to be impenetrable
So gold will be totally worthless now? I think it should still hold some value while emeralds are super expensive.
Gold is still useful to construct better weapons and power rails. I think this will increase the usage of gold weapons as they're not ludicrously expensive.
Rich spoiled greifer/brat comes along...
gets banned very quickly and anything he does get's rolled back.
Effect nullified and we have more to help pay for the anti-DDoS

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Me this morning:

WOOP WOOP! :D Good to see a map wipe, finally. :) (It's about fucking time! ;)).

Everything in the first post seems awesome, i'm loving the changes! :)

There are a few things i'd like to ask questions about, however:

- As emeralds will be the new ''gold'', do you now have to aquire them, take them to DHX (if it will still exist), then sell them? Much like you did with gold? Or is there something different you have to do with them to gain coin?

- As emeralds are renewable from villagers, does that mean all villagers will be set to a specific location with infinite health (to both prevent trapping them and killing them, defeating the purpose of having villagers/emerald-based economy). Like a small NPC market in the wild, without a portal to get to it (which could actually boost PvP :p). If villagers CAN be moved, trapped then contained for future use of a specific player, then how do other players gain money?

- By ''Greatly decreased the time to master combat specializations.'', does this mean that you'll get more exp per MOB kill or leveling requires less exp per level?

- Will the trade district still have shops to rent, or will it be smaller just with DHX for bankers?

- Can I hug you Kainzo? :)

@Kainzo @Danda

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I think a limit should be set for this map. If it doesn't work out the limit can always be lifted later in the map.

Also will town prices/taxes remain the same since the economy could very well be drastically different with Emeralds controlling it instead of Gold.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
@Symbolite I believe that if you were to build an Underdeep, it'd be "allowed" to still build a glass dome above. Otherwise I could see a nice Rapture like city if you wanted to avoid a glass dome. I'd help you out on that for sure!

(mind you, I think we'd have to drain the whole place first and mind the griefers, but that'd be the first city I'd want to go help build in.)