• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 4.0 - A new hope! Sept 7th

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
The Xandria Dominion will return bigger and better than ever! Edolians! Newerth order people! Rising sun-ers unite! (again)

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Herocraft 4.0
First off, there isn't an ETA yet (1-2 weeks is our time frame) - there are massive issues with plugins and other things. This will be a COMPLETE wipe. Maps have been archived and all coin/levels/titles (minus Prophet) will be removed. To appease you. We will be releasing the current Dragon map to the current server (current ip = herocraft.zapto.org) and allow for you to play out your remaining days until the great cataclysm. Also, you can access TeamSpeak 3 via TS.DisposableHeroes.Net!​

When will this be happening? Also, is the current IP currently the test server?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Terrible mixed feelings,
Server starts are always a great time, yet with 4 kids and 50+ hour work weeks it take me 5 times longer to level then "normal players" and I was just getting to level 58 and higher in my crafts...
*sigh* ohwell we will see what happens!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Okay, for confused people:
  1. We will re-release Dragongarde when Kainzo gets the old box back.
  2. Dragongarde will continue to run until the new map is ready.
  3. Draongarde will be archived and the new map will go live.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
How long till the new map?

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
Fuck yeah!
Kainzo said:
Massive boxy walls and glass domes = ILLEGAL (will be torn down by admins)
This in particular makes me extremely happy! ^_^

Mattholomew

Legacy Supporter 5
Liking the part about the under-level-10's being PvP protected and tutorial area, it's going to bring in a lot of new people and give them a much better chance to try out the server and Heroes system without being raped at every turn. Also, not seeing anything bad about these updates, looks to be the best one yet!
Judging from what Kainzo said in the first post (about the differences between 1.2 and 1.3), I'm guessing it'll be 1.2.5 on the Dragongarde map, but I could be wrong.*

Edit: Alator beat me to the punch on the ETA, hehe

*Edit: If you mean the current map that it goes to from the main address, that's actually the test server at the moment, and it's 1.3.2.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

yes and no - just the MAP and HERODATA will be back. Unfortunately, due to issues with the box - we don't have a backup of the mysql (coins/lwcs) - this was unavoidable during the DDOS.

Terrible mixed feelings,
Server starts are always a great time, yet with 4 kids and 50+ hour work weeks it take me 5 times longer to level then "normal players" and I was just getting to level 58 and higher in my crafts...
*sigh* ohwell we will see what happens!
Leveling is going to be easier for combat stuff.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Another map wipe? feels like zeal just got wiped :/ ah well, things happen, Think im gonna be a useless lvl 20 wizard again :D

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
I think gold shouldn't be removed as the sort of currency that it was, I think emeralds should, however, be more valuable. If it is removed, gold will be kind of useless at the durability golden items have.

Mattholomew

Legacy Supporter 5
With the coins and LWCs lost, it'll be quite a bit easier to let go of the old server (pretty sure I'll have been raided blind before I even have to chance to log back in Xp), and the leveling up being easier is a definite plus, as I've yet to master a specialization (kinda sad thinking I'm almost on my second year here, but I screw around a LOT :p).

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I think gold shouldn't be removed as the sort of currency that it was, I think emeralds should, however, be more valuable. If it is removed, gold will be kind of useless at the durability golden items have.
I dont think he meant they wont be valueable, just not the biggest economic source, emeralds are even rarer then diamonds, and unless you get villagers it gonna be hard to get a lot, so gold might still have some strength in economy

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Another map wipe? feels like zeal just got wiped :/ ah well, things happen, Think im gonna be a useless lvl 20 wizard again :D
DG was created in January, haha.