• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 Bug Report Thread (Heroes/Etc) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
The Kingly Report
  • SoulBond given to Bloodmages are unable to target anyone, be they in a party, non-partied, or a mob.
  • Anyone can make snow golems.
  • Farmers: No XP from melons, nether warts (Being Worked on)
  • Most potions do not give any affect besides particle effects. ONLY potion of speed and harming work that I know of.
  • Bloodmage StealEssence can not steal Invulnerability.
  • Bloodmage SoulLeech is only a DoT, and does not heal the caster.
  • Bloodmage StealEssence merely copies the buff, not "Steal" it. (Not confirmed)
  • Smith's repair on chestplates require 8 of that material, which is the same it takes to make. Shovels require one of that material to repair as well, which is the same to make.
  • Invulnerability occasionally stays longer than when Guardian Angel announces it is over. (Not Confirmed for other Invulnerability spells.)
  • Unable to target an invuln player with ANY spells, including forcepush, etc.
  • Mobs Randomly decide to ignore you.
  • Spells like flameshield (smiths), gills (Enchanter), and consume (Enchanter) can all be used to gain an advantage in combat even though they are Profession skills.
  • Forage has too low of a chance to succeed for it's 50% mana cost.
  • *More Pending, these were off the top of my head*

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The Kingly Report
  • SoulBond given to Bloodmages are unable to target anyone, be they in a party, non-partied, or a mob.
  • Anyone can make snow golems.
  • Farmers: No XP from melons, nether warts (Being Worked on)
  • Most potions do not give any affect besides particle effects. ONLY potion of speed and harming work that I know of.
  • Bloodmage StealEssence can not steal Invulnerability.
  • Bloodmage SoulLeech is only a DoT, and does not heal the caster.
  • Bloodmage StealEssence merely copies the buff, not "Steal" it. (Not confirmed)
  • Smith's repair on chestplates require 8 of that material, which is the same it takes to make. Shovels require one of that material to repair as well, which is the same to make.
  • Invulnerability occasionally stays longer than when Guardian Angel announces it is over. (Not Confirmed for other Invulnerability spells.)
  • Unable to target an invuln player with ANY spells, including forcepush, etc.
  • Mobs Randomly decide to ignore you.
  • Spells like flameshield (smiths), gills (Enchanter), and consume (Enchanter) can all be used to gain an advantage in combat even though they are Profession skills.
  • Forage has too low of a chance to succeed for it's 50% mana cost.
  • *More Pending, these were off the top of my head*

Reduced all Repair costs by 50-75%
SnowGolems ... I'm not sure we can fix this one without restricting placement of Pumpkins altogether.
The rest I'm looking into Soulbond is @Sleaker's issue atm (I think he coded it)

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Mobs ignoring - we don't change any mob behaviour, not an issue with Heroes.

Invulnerability prevents ANY harmful targeting. This is intended. (Force Push, StealEssence etc)

Flameshould shouldn't be a smith skill anymore as it's a combat skill. - @Kainzo will need to weigh in on this.
Gills provides a negligible combat boost. this will remain a non-combat skill
Consume - not sure why enchanters get this either.
Forage - @Kainzo - intention is for high cooldown no/low cost.

Potions - We don't alter any potions, they work as in Vanilla.

Snow Golems - we don't do anything with them yet, and there are no events for them. Anyone can create them and this is intended.

SoulLeech - skills aren't damaging now, so reporting AGAIN that a damaging skill isn't working is silly.

Thanks for the reports, most of these are non-issues. I'll look into SoulBond

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Mobs ignoring - we don't change any mob behaviour, not an issue with Heroes.

Invulnerability prevents ANY harmful targeting. This is intended. (Force Push, StealEssence etc)

Flameshould shouldn't be a smith skill anymore as it's a combat skill. - @Kainzo will need to weigh in on this.
Gills provides a negligible combat boost. this will remain a non-combat skill
Consume - not sure why enchanters get this either.
Forage - @Kainzo - intention is for high cooldown no/low cost.

Potions - We don't alter any potions, they work as in Vanilla.

Snow Golems - we don't do anything with them yet, and there are no events for them. Anyone can create them and this is intended.

SoulLeech - skills aren't damaging now, so reporting AGAIN that a damaging skill isn't working is silly.

Thanks for the reports, most of these are non-issues. I'll look into SoulBond
Yeah - we'll work on getting out the 'combat' style profession skills since Combat and Professions have largely separated.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3

I never said it wasn't damaging, I said it wasn't healing the caster. It damages the target fine... it just doesn't "Leech" the damage. It just deals the damage.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Skill damages are currently not working, so leeching damage isn't working.
Damage skills are doing something - but I think its the thing that is causing the ghosting/etc - I can definitely say things like Cleave/etc are killing things.

I'm a little confused by it

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Damage skills are doing something - but I think its the thing that is causing the ghosting/etc - I can definitely say things like Cleave/etc are killing things.

I'm a little confused by it

sometimes they work, sometimes they do nothing. It's one of those, not firing event issues. Any skill that deals damage is bugged to some degree (except icebolt/fireball) -

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
To add to Barnabus' list. In the Mob Arena Zachimon has figured out some way to 1-shot anyone who enters the lobby, regardless of level. Many people are unable to further bug-test the arena because of this.

@Kainzo

Edit: This appears to be because after dying in the arena you are returned to the starting area with "0" hp allowing you to die easily. I do not believe this was intended, and camping there waiting for others should be considered exploiting.

Kaosi

Legacy Supporter 4
Bug Report:

HTTP Town Plugin
Command: /http charter list
Error Output: Ljava.lang.String;@f0bd988
Exact Text in Chat: "HTTP: The following towns need signatures: Ljava.lang.String;@f0bd988

Easily replicable, just enter command.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
The same ghost mob problem happened to me a few times, but more importantly, once you attack a pigzombie, they will never stop attacking you. Even after 3 days, they will always keep attacking you.

Hope I could help :)

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
Wolf is broken on ranger. The skill does not work and each time you die or level it says
Heroes: <user> gained Wolf!
I am not sure what else to say.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Skill Cow, Pig, and Sheep are missing from my farming arsenal. I could not find anything wrong with them, so I can only assume this was a mistake because they disappeared after Kainzo broke all the spells, and they went missing.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
When I click the Healer sign in MA as a Druid, it only gives me a chainmail helmet because of class restrictions, but doesn't give me leather armor.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Healer Set: Full Chainmail Armour, string, Iron Hoe, 6 Bread, 1 Mushroom Soup, 4 cooked porkchop, and one piece of Coal.
Caster Set: Full Leather Armour, 30 books, 1 porkchop, 1 bone, 1 string, and 1 piece of coal.
Warrior Set: Full Iron Armour, 1 Iron Sword, 1 Diamond Sword, 1 Iron Door, 1 String, 2 Porkchops, and 1 Piece of coal.
Rouge Set: Full Leather Armour, 1 Iron sword, 1 Gold Sword, 1 Diamond Sword, 3 porkchops, 1 Bow, 4 stacks of arrows, 1 string, and 1 piece of coal.

You can't mix and match sets, and the signs only give you Equipment, and does not affect Hero's at all. It doesn't know if you are a druid or a cleric, and clerics can use full chainmail.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Wolf is broken on ranger. The skill does not work and each time you die or level it says
Heroes: <user> gained Wolf!
I am not sure what else to say.

Wolf has been redone, it's now a passive that allows you to tame wolves. We are no longer dealing with summonable wolves or any other wolf specializations, they are vanilla now.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
Fully mastered - when breaking a recently placed block it shows the message "no exp gained, block placed too recently" or however that goes ;D

When entering mob arena (not spectate) it clears your enchantment.

NPC pvploggers seem to stay around for a very long time, got up to about 20 minutes before someone decided to kill him. (I was told it was intended for 2-3 minutes)

Slimeball and one other (forgotten which) recipes did not seem to work in cauldrons.. I'm not very experienced with them, maybe a change to the recipe?
While I'm at it, Lilly pad recipe would be nice ;)

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I' Believe this is a bug from HeroCraft Server.

I was just walking along West Road,when my minecraft screen turned grey. after 5 seconds the grey screen turned Black. I quit out of MineCraft and logged back into HeroCraft. I spawned were I was disconnected then after 1 seconds the same thing happened. Screen turns Grey then Black...

Any Ideas?
Wrong thread ;) (unless ofcourse you did mean the west road on the test server.... ? lol)
But hmm.. idk, sounds more of a MC related issue than HC.

c12095

Holy Shit!
When using Soulbond as a pally I could never select a target, whenever I looked at a player it said invalid target, whenever I typed their name in after it would do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.