• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 Bug Report Thread (Heroes/Etc) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Post DETAILED bug descriptions/reports - what class/level and any other valid information that you can. Simply "IT DONT WORK" will get your post deleted and probably slapped in the face.
serverip: mc.herocraftonline.com:1337

EXP on TEST is currently set to x100

EXAMPLE Bug Report:
Unable to damage players with Bolt
I've /bind Bolt to my Hoe and when I right click a player (level 25:warrior) it states, "Sorry, you can't damage that target"

Known Issues:
  • MobArena sets players at 0 hp when dying/exiting sometimes
  • Fireball has damage issues and sometimes heals mobs
  • Frank isnt a bunny
  • Bard's Wisdom may be not giving the correct amount of regen for players in group.
  • ForcePush may be too weak
  • ForcePull may be too strong
  • SkillDeconstruct isnt working properly, can't deconstruct anything despite targetting a workbench and it being on the list of items.
  • IcyAura is doing ungodly damage every 2-3 ticks
  • Bard's skillDancingMad - (AE confuse) not working
  • TransmuteOre - doesn't transmute any ore.
  • Pickpocket isnt presenting messages correctly
  • Port causing Task Exceptions: http://pastie.org/3103928
  • Fishing EXP exploit
Let me know if there's any issues with the new build not listed here. We're running a few different changes and need to test them.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
When you kill some mobs, you will continue taking damage from a new, invisible mob. If you relog, it's an identical mob that dies in one hit that is no longer invisible. If you swing your sword like a madman, you might kill both before the invisible one gets the better of you.

2011-12-17_21.34.45.png

Farmers do not gain exp from mining whatsoever. I don't know if this was intended or not but it's quite a hinderance.

2011-12-17_22.34.11.png2011-12-17_22.34.19.png

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
If you level up as a farmer to level 10, every level after that [For combat/noncombat class levelings] says "You have gained fishing."

Farmers get no xp for using bonemeal to harvest crops [Intended?]

Farmers have a bonus for fishing, but they get no xp for fishing.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
At the moment Damage Skills are completely non-functional due to issues in the server software. If you're experiencing Ghosting mobs or invisible mobs, please stop trying to kill mobs with skills and see if they still happen.

@AlexDaParrot - Fishing XP isn't working at the moment.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Can you tell me the percentage of the chance to successfully use pickpocket?

EDIT: When it is massively repeated, it causes extreme spam like I lose half my screen.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I do have to admit the ranger's wolf is just a little OP.
I was surprised by hanpeter, so I began to run. As soon as he turn his full attention to me the wolf almost instantly killed him. Another time was when someone kiddingly punched me and my wolf pretty much quickly killed him. Same thing happened when someone punched the wolf. The only thing is this counteracted by the wolf's extremely low health. I have 2 ideas to fix this.

1. slightly lower the attack dmg and keep the health the same.
OR
2. decrease the attack dmg more than in idea 1 and increase the health

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Wolves aren't doing the correct damage and don't seem to have the correct hp.
@Sleaker i believe had a fix for this but it may not have been pushed yet.

Updated bug list.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I do have to admit the ranger's wolf is just a little OP.
I was surprised by hanpeter, so I began to run. As soon as he turn his full attention to me the wolf almost instantly killed him. Another time was when someone kiddingly punched me and my wolf pretty much quickly killed him. Same thing happened when someone punched the wolf. The only thing is this counteracted by the wolf's extremely low health. I have 2 ideas to fix this.

1. slightly lower the attack dmg and keep the health the same.
OR
2. decrease the attack dmg more than in idea 1 and increase the health

We currently don't do anything with wolf damage, and the wolf skill no longer modifies the wolf HP due to changes in CB. Right now, there's no good way to handle them that I can logic out without causing massive issues. So at the moment, no more wolf skill.

B

Bingy1218

Here's a bug i found not sure if it was just luck or something but i can 1hit zombie pigs on test server with a stone pickaxe

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I think a better way for the /skills menu to work is to have the Primary and Profession separated, as it can be confusing with both lists in one. It could probably done with /skills [Primary/Profession] #.

Not exactly Bug, but this is the only 1.0 Heroes thread I found.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
You need to force a block update in order for all the leaves to appear when you grow the tree with overgrowth.
(Example: Break a torch or place a torch nearby the tree)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think a better way for the /skills menu to work is to have the Primary and Profession separated, as it can be confusing with both lists in one. It could probably done with /skills [Primary/Profession] #.

@Sleaker - I think this is a good idea.
'/skills primary | profession #' to sort through the list of available skills for each.

Just tried using quake to kill a sheep, didn't work. I tried doing different amounts of damage to myself, and even after taking 5 hearts of damage and up the sheep took 6 punches to kill, and if im correct passive mobs have like 8 hp? so quake needs to do more damage to the receiver than the dragoon, or else the skill is essentially pointless. Also the skill can be very annoying when falling unintentionally and agroing an enderman or zombie pigmen with out realizing it, leading to getting swarmed and killed without even knowing what was happening.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

thanks for the recommendation, I'll see about allowing it to be split like this if it detects prim/prof as the first arg.

Just tried using quake to kill a sheep, didn't work. I tried doing different amounts of damage to myself, and even after taking 5 hearts of damage and up the sheep took 6 punches to kill, and if im correct passive mobs have like 8 hp? so quake needs to do more damage to the receiver than the dragoon, or else the skill is essentially pointless. Also the skill can be very annoying when falling unintentionally and agroing an enderman or zombie pigmen with out realizing it, leading to getting swarmed and killed without even knowing what was happening.

As has been stated none of the Skill damage work with 1.0 - it's a bukkit issue. (see 1st post)

Sleaker

Retired Staff
the syntax for /skills will now detect:

1st arg
prim - (for primary)
pro - (for profession)
any class-name match
page # (if you just want to list all your skills)

2nd arg
page # (if you are listing any of the specific class options above)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Just some notes from today:

• When you enchant an item, your level count at the bottom (which should be matching your primary class) goes down like it does in vanilla, if you log out and back in it goes back up to 55. Not sure if this was intentional or not, if not, can we make it not do that? If so, how do we gain the levels back?
  • Shield for Paladin (or is it just a warrior skill?) doesn't work, or atleast im too stupid to make it work
  • if you are wearing enchanted armor or have enchanted tools in your inventory, if you /ma join your items will no longer be enchanted when you come back. You still have the items though, which is better than just loosing them.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
A few MobArena glitches:
1. Some people have been unable to leave after joining, even if they die or type /ma leave.
2. I died twice, somehow, so all my rewards dropped in the MobArena not where I joined from.
3. You don't need to kill all the mobs to move on to the next wave, just hide. Not really a glitch but should be fixed.

Also there are still holes in the ground, I dunno whyyyy ;o! 8)
Yay I'm helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.