• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Healer/Warrior/Rogue Specialization? wtf?

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Disciples are fine where they are IMO. The things that needs buffs are the other weak classes like bloodmage, dragoon, and paladin.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
If I see a disciple on a cliff, he is immediately in a "safe-zone" as in I can not kill him. As in there is no use trying to fight him. Remember when shield reflect on paladins was 300%? There was no use in trying to fight them. This is how the disciple is, they need a Nerf.
Why not go down the mountain and wait for them to come down. And if you don't, count it as a win because they can't fight on fair terms. I mean really, how many times do meet a disciple on a hill?

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
If I see a disciple on a cliff, he is immediately in a "safe-zone" as in I can not kill him. As in there is no use trying to fight him. Remember when shield reflect on paladins was 300%? There was no use in trying to fight them. This is how the disciple is, they need a Nerf.
*facepalm* you shouldn't nerf a class because they can use terrain to their advantage. Take dragoon don't scream OP when they jump from building to building in an enemy city running/healing/killing and not dying so quickly because of thier skills.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Your forgetting that I said a Decent rogue spec, Rogue specs are supposed to be stealthy and you're not supposed to see them comming. Also at MrAwesomeShadow healers are supposed to heal which is why he has Bandage/Pray they just decided to make it more of a hybrid.

EDIT: Lol a DK is a tanky class, why should there axe do more than it should? Considering all the of insane damage skills they have it's fine the way it is. And as I said before, if a stick were to do any more they would honestly suck.

Your forgetting that I said a Decent rogue spec, Rogue specs are supposed to be stealthy and you're not supposed to see them comming. Also at MrAwesomeShadow healers are supposed to heal which is why he has Bandage/Pray they just decided to make it more of a hybrid
Yeah, but it's become more focused on being combat orientated rather than healing orientated.

teddytazer

Soulsand
My point is that Warrior spec's are doing less melee damage then a healer class. Also why do disciples need kick, who's idea was it to give them kick, its a rogue ability. Also forcepush/forcepull can usually do more damage then any other skill due to the fact that gravtity does shit ton. I watched 2 disciples Totally wipe out digger's hp after they threw him 30 blocks with forcepush and he's a master dk.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
As far as I see it Disciples are NOT overpowered. I've maxed disciple, on their own they can't take on a Warrior class with armor unless on a hill. Also they can barely take on a good rogue class, if a rogue spec manages to kick them they are screwed over. The only specs they have a upper hand on is Caster and Healer specs, normally because of chakra, and they can take on other healer classes because this healer class in particular is more of a combat type.

Ironfist is yes a AoE, but I honestly see don't see the big deal about it. It only does 120dmg, takes 5 stamina, 20 mana and 20 cd, if your asking me you are just over reacting. Disciples only damaging skills are really Ironfist/Kick (I don't count Forcepull/Forcepush seeing as they only do 80 dmg.)

On to the "There sticks do way to much". If you read the wiki about Disciples it basically says that they are a Natural class who use natural weapons. Why should it do any less than 60 damage? If you were to lower it anymore disciples wouldn't be able to any damage at all. Your probably thinking that they shouldn't do any damage at all just because they are a healer class, but just because they are a healer spec doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to put up a decent fight.

And now on to the last thing. Disciples have meditate because of how much mana there skills take. ONE pray takes 20-25 mana, Ironfist takes 20, and forcepull/push takes 5. Also Ironfist takes 5 stam, forcepush/pull both takes 3. If you were decent they would run out of mana no problem, that is why they have meditate.

Long story short, if you don't want them to kill you don't stand on a hill and if you are, you best be wearing those FeatherFalling 4 boots! Don't complain about classes you don't know much about.

I'll do this color coded, because why the hell not.

Prove it

Which warrior class are we talking about? Paladin? They will lose because paladin's don't really die. Dragoon? They will win because their WOODEN STICK does more than a lance and they can just shove them away and heal when they are low, and then pull them in when their running. Their kick can prevent a jump away, keeping them there so they can beat on them and kill them with a WOODEN STICK. Dreadknight? I don't even need to answer this, read the rest of the thread, fuck it, I'll just copy paste in why they would win (Stolen from a post in this thread) A DKs DoT is pathetically useless against the Disciple. Try to harmtouch them, they force push you before you get close enough. Become Death is useless as the Disc has no poison skill. Disarm is useless against them. Manafreeze is kinda useless tbh. And everything else can be chakra'd and healed away. Samurai? This might actually be a somewhat fair fight, but disciple is still favored, as the samurai does decent damage, but they would be at the mercy of their enviroment, if it was hilly at all, they lose. They also can't bleed them, as their chakra will just remove it, and when they get low, don't fret, they can just push them away and heal then pull em back in when their ready.

So, your claiming they will lose against a rogue? They have potentially 4 seconds of grace time between kicks, that is if the rogue is wasting all of their stamina on it. In that time, they can just push the rogue away after beating the shit out of them with their WOODEN STICK and pray/chakra away any debuffs and heal themselves up.

Their is so much more, but I feel I typed enough to respond to this one poorly thought out comment.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
ANYONE that said a disciple was op, go play one. Enjoy getting fucked over by any class that has kick or gets in your face with armor. Unless your on a hill, you can and will get owned by most classes unless you know what your doing.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
For the last time. A dread knight can beat a disciple if you know how to play your class right.

And if you don't believe me perl, go disciple. Master. Then go fight digger on a fair playing field. Tell me what happens.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm leaving this thread. I suggest it should be locked. This thread is going no where at all.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
*facepalm* you shouldn't nerf a class because they can use terrain to their advantage. Take dragoon don't scream OP when they jump from building to building in an enemy city running/healing/killing and not dying so quickly because of thier skills.
Just wondering plz explaine your facepalm?

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
  • 1025 hp effectively 1178.75 hp with Reborn.
  • 129 mana effectively 258 with Meditate.
  • 40 stamina effectively with Meditate.
  • 60 damage with a stick.
  • 250 hp heal.
  • 150 hp heal removes bleed 1 second cd.
  • 100 hp group heal/dispel.
  • Forcepush to get away from dem melee classes that pushes like 50 blocks if you're sprinting.
  • Forcepull to close the gap on dem ranged classes.
  • Safefall effectively shielding them from other Disciples IronFist/Forcepush.
  • Kick 3 second silence.
Looks balanced to me.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3

Prove it

Which warrior class are we talking about? Paladin? They will lose because paladin's don't really die. Dragoon? They will win because their WOODEN STICK does more than a lance and they can just shove them away and heal when they are low, and then pull them in when their running. Their kick can prevent a jump away, keeping them there so they can beat on them and kill them with a WOODEN STICK. Dreadknight? I don't even need to answer this, read the rest of the thread, fuck it, I'll just copy paste in why they would win (Stolen from a post in this thread) A DKs DoT is pathetically useless against the Disciple. Try to harmtouch them, they force push you before you get close enough. Become Death is useless as the Disc has no poison skill. Disarm is useless against them. Manafreeze is kinda useless tbh. And everything else can be chakra'd and healed away. Samurai? This might actually be a somewhat fair fight, but disciple is still favored, as the samurai does decent damage, but they would be at the mercy of their enviroment, if it was hilly at all, they lose. They also can't bleed them, as their chakra will just remove it, and when they get low, don't fret, they can just push them away and heal then pull em back in when their ready.

So, your claiming they will lose against a rogue? They have potentially 4 seconds of grace time between kicks, that is if the rogue is wasting all of their stamina on it. In that time, they can just push the rogue away after beating the shit out of them with their WOODEN STICK and pray/chakra away any debuffs and heal themselves up.

Their is so much more, but I feel I typed enough to respond to this one poorly thought out comment.
You know some classes can counter others in combat right? So it's not wise to go against a dreadknight as a disciple. They will LOSE to a dragoon unless they are against a bad one. Wanna know why? Dragoon has jump and impale. They get pushed away, jump to em, then impale. Disciple is dead. Samurai? Thats easy enough. Get pushed back, use one. Also, you seem not to be able to understand the amount of stamina a disciples skills take. Force push+iron fist and you have NO stamina to do fuck all. And the rogue? Oh man, if a ninja gets in a disciples face, which is easy i've done it enough, they use kick and any other skill and the disciple is dead within SECONDS. You can kill a disciple in litterally 4 seconds, enough time for kick to regen. Also, "when they get low, dont fret, push away and heal" Yea bullshit, one bandage takes 15% mana, a few of those and a pray and they cant use any skill at all because they have ZERO mana. Before you comment on this and try to nerf a class, go play it. Go max disciple and go fight a ninja/dragoon/paladin/samurai/any other class you want. They can counter a few, but they lose to many.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3

Prove it

*Sigh* Where to begin with this.

If you were to fight a DK, Dragoon, Pally or Sammy, you lose against ALL of those unless your a Amazing disciple. If you kick a dragoon they cannot jump that's true, but they have tumble for a reason. If your trying to kill a DK it just won't work, if you are constantly bashing them you will only get them down like 3 hearts. And you said they will just force push them away and heal. There is a reason heals have a warmup time, if you are to slow, that is your fault.

Next I just said rogue classes are supposed to be stealthy. If a ninja decides to come from behind Kick, Eviscerate and then Blitz all they have to do is kick them one more time and then hit them 2 or 3 times. Same as thief. Ranger can just kick, Poison arrow then arrowstorm the shit out of them :p. And Bard is a support class but they can still kill them if there good. ( AKA PewPewPewLasers, Themrlief Pernixpike)

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
A DKs DoT is pathetically useless against the Disciple. Try to harmtouch them, they force push you before you get close enough. Become Death is useless as the Disc has no poison skill. Disarm is useless against them. Manafreeze is kinda useless tbh. And everything else can be chakra'd and healed away.

I don't see why everyone is looking at DKs as the most unbalanced class...
Its funny because no disciple goes around spamming forcepush, and even if they did they would be out of stamina/mana. The dreadknight would get in the disciples face and use empathy + Fear + decay + soulleech. A disciple can only push so much before its out of stamina + mana. You have never been a disicple, so you have no right to start talking as if you know them.