• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Guides and Proctors Killing New Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
So if there's a complete consensus that it's frowned upon, why allow it?

Because they are PLAYERS. They are allowed to, there is not a rule in place that states they cannot kill whom they like because of a title.

I as a staff member frown upon it but I am not going to enforce a "No killing" rule with my Proctors because again they are PLAYERS first and foremost.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
If a guide or proctor is abusing their position by telling a noob, "go here and I will help you", then kills them... Well ten we have a problem. The few times I have killed low level people were when I randomly saw them and striked. They have no idea that I am a guide.

My job is to help new players with any questions they may have. It's not to hold their hand, give them free items and protect them.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
We all need to help noobs in our own way.

For instance, I only burn under-tens who have failed to choose crafter (like 50%). The great thing about fire is you can get their attention and scare them into learning without actually killing them! Usually.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
If a guide or proctor is abusing their position by telling a noob, "go here and I will help you", then kills them... Well then we have a problem.

This is the only time I would step in and have a talk with the staff member.

leftovers5 Scycor I know you all have an issue with it, so why don't you go help the new players yourself and keep them safe?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Because they are PLAYERS. They are allowed to, there is not a rule in place that states they cannot kill whom they like because of a title.

I as a staff member frown upon it but I am not going to enforce a "No killing" rule with my Proctors because again they are PLAYERS first and foremost.
Let's give an analogy:
If a wet nurse cares for a child for a few days, drops it off into a street in the world and kills it, is that ok?

I personally think that newbs are some of the nicest people on the server (some of you may have heard me call a newb or two "cute" at some point in time ;) ), and I hate to see them constantly assaulted without rhyme or reason.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
If a guide or proctor is abusing their position by telling a noob, "go here and I will help you", then kills them... Well ten we have a problem. The few times I have killed low level people were when I randomly saw them and striked. They have no idea that I am a guide.

My job is to help new players with any questions they may have. It's not to hold their hand, give them free items and protect them.
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with staff positions killing new players. It's the camping part that just doesn't seem right to me.

It's good that this is up for discussion, lets people understand that Guides/Proctors are just normal players too! (As I stated in my very first post.)

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Let's give an analogy:
If a wet nurse cares for a child for a few days, drops it off into a street in the world and kills it, is that ok?

I personally think that newbs are some of the nicest people on the server (some of you may have heard me call a newb or two "cute" at some point in time ;) ), and I hate to see them constantly assaulted without rhyme or reason.
Awful analogy.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
leftovers5 Scycor I know you all have an issue with it, so why don't you go help the new players yourself and keep them safe?
That's why I have a town. For the past two maps, I've taken pride in recruiting and helping develop some of the best players I've ever known/met on any map. I don't think any of my current new recruits can say that I hold any malice towards them or fellow newer players. In the wild when I see a new player (this map mind you), I NEVER attack them. I often give them whatever spare food I have and send them on their way. If they're extra-competent, I'll probably recruit them.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
This is the only time I would step in and have a talk with the staff member.

Like I said in my first post, I don't think it should be allowed but what happens, happens. I don't need to protect new players, because if I did that then they wouldn't learn anything, now would they? :p

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
That's why I have a town. For the past two maps, I've taken pride in recruiting and helping develop some of the best players I've ever known/met on any map. I don't think any of my current new recruits can say that I hold any malice towards them or fellow newer players. In the wild when I see a new player (this map mind you), I NEVER attack them. I often give them whatever spare food I have and send them on their way. If they're extra-competent, I'll probably recruit them.

Walk your ass to Warshard/Forgelight and protect them, as that is where most of the killing takes place it seems.

You do not attack them, good for you, YOU go and protect them where they reside.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Why don't we just come to this agreement:

Staff camping newbies = Frowned upon and you shouldn't do it. However, it is legal and is allowed.

EDIT: After all, they are just normal players to you know.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I think we should move the debate from the act of killing to the act of camping. That is really what it's about, anyways.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Why don't we just come to this agreement:

Staff killing newbies = Frowned upon, it is legal and is allowed.

Fixed it.

I myself would never do it, and I wish my Proctors would not, but it is still allowed.

I think we should move the debate from the act of killing to the act of camping. That is really what it's about, anyways.

How do you propose we enforce the "No camping rule"? And what exactly is the amount of deaths before it is "Camping"?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Fixed it.

I myself would never do it, and I wish my Proctors would not, but it is still allowed.

How do you propose we enforce the "No camping rule"? And what exactly is the amount of deaths before it is "Camping"?
Anything beyond two I would say. It becomes obvious when a player is being camped, because there is often uproar against it in offtopic, sometimes by the campeé him/herself.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Fixed it.

Yep, that works for me and probably everyone else. "Shouldn't do it" is a little bit to bold of a statement. It's almost 12am so i'm a little tired at the moment, I can't fall asleep because I'm having too much fun reading this debate and seeing people's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.