• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Guides and Proctors Killing New Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I'll go in point form to make organization easier and color them.

• It doesn't matter what level, as long as they could put up a decent fight.
  • I didn't mean to base it off of how new the player was, more along the lines of what level they are.
  • Second statement tells you about that.
  • In my opinion, killing a player over and over again is camping... Once or twice is okay to me, but anymore than that gets to the point of camping. Of course, everybody has their opinions on that.
I'm trying to see it from both sides here. Being killed/killing is all part of Herocraft, but to me, it just doesn't seem right for someone they believe they can trust to be camping them.

Yes but the issue here is you want to base it on level not how long they have been on the server. So that is telling me if Princess c12095 changes his spec, we cannot kill him until he is a specific level. Yes I know in this case the Princess would put up a hell of a fight, but if you just go by level you are saying Vets cannot be killed/camped

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I think players who hold staff positions, or wish to, should be required to ask themselves if the in game decisions they make are helping to grow the server in any way, or just pissing people off and ruining their experience. I get it, new players are going to die, as well as veterans who maybe don't like pvp that much, but when it comes to new players being camped their first impression of the server was probably really shitty because they were never afforded the opportunity to get their feet off the ground before wonderboy built up a 50 kill streak against them. I imagine herocraft has signups in the tens of thousands, and most of those people probably quit within the first 2 weeks and probably look for another server, and it's not because the server isnt good, but probably because they constantly got shit on by deplorable noob campers.

I realize you can't stop noob camping, but certain players should be held to a higher standard than others.

Again that is true but the point is again moot as we are players, not only staff.

Trust me, I HATE the fact that some Guides/Proctors camp people, but I have to remember they are players.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes but the issue here is you want to base it on level not how long they have been on the server. So that is telling me if Princess c12095 changes his spec, we cannot kill him until he is a specific level. Yes I know in this case the Princess would put up a hell of a fight, but if you just go by level you are saying Vets cannot be killed/camped
I don't want to generalize, but you can typically spot new players by the white name, lack of titles, vocal presence in /ch tour, possible vocal presence in /ch o and /ch h, and at times presence in /ch shout. The veterans KNOW who the veterans are, trust me.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't want to generalize, but you can typically spot new players by the white name, lack of titles, vocal presence in /ch tour, possible vocal presence in /ch o and /ch h, and at times presence in /ch shout.

Hey it was said by Scy, it should be by level.

Besides, new Vet coming back after a long hiatus, should they be able to be killed at a low level or not?

ShadowWarriorXA

Legacy Supporter 7
I just hate the idea of randomly going around killing new players (unless self defense is involved). Anything else I have to say has been stated by others.

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
I personally have never killed anyone who was not at least a spec but then again I rarely pvp so I may not be the best barometer

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey it was said by Scy, it should be by level.

Besides, new Vet coming back after a long hiatus, should they be able to be killed at a low level or not?
That is a good question... I'm leaning towards no, but it sort of depends on the person.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
That is a very valid point. Personally though, for me I can tell when somebody is new... I've been on the server long enough to know who has been here awhile and who hasn't.

I thought you might have brought that up. I'm not sure of an absolute reason how we could avoid this, but I'm fairly certain that Guides/Proctors need to be playing for a little bit in order to become one. (No official rule, but as I've seen they have all needed to play for at least a month or so :p). With that said, shouldn't they have a good idea of who is new and who isn't?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
That is a good question... I'm leaning towards no, but it sort of depends on the person.

Too many variables which is what is screwing up your entire argument.

• You either go by levels or you do not
  • You either go by amount of time on the server or you do not
You cannot make a blanket statement then follow it up with "Well it depends on the person". It has to be all one way or all the other.

I thought you might have brought that up. I'm not sure of an absolute reason how we could avoid this, but I'm fairly certain that Guides/Proctors need to be playing for a little bit in order to become one (No official rule, but as I've seen they have all needed to play for at least a month or so :p). With that said, by then shouldn't they have a good idea of who is new and who isn't?

You said it needs to go by level not amount of time on the server. Are you changing that idea now?

And how on earth are they supposed to know who is new and who is not?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Too many variables which is what is screwing up your entire argument.

• You either go by levels or you do not
  • You either go by amount of time on the server or you do not
You cannot make a blanket statement then follow it up with "Well it depends on the person". It has to be all one way or all the other.
I'm aware, I felt odd posting such a generic statement, but it suffices to say that it should be by levels. All unspecs, maybe?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm aware, I felt odd posting such a generic statement, but it suffices to say that it should be by levels. All unspecs, maybe?

So Guides and Proctors are limited on who they are allowed to kill, keep it to specs only, and the rest of the community can kill who they like?

What if the unspec'ed player starts it?

Again I will say it again, all moot as they are players and will not have any restrictions placed on them.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
\
You said it needs to go by level not amount of time on the server. Are you changing that idea now?

And how on earth are they supposed to know who is new and who is not?

Heh like I said, I am not sure of a absolute solution to that. Though I like what Leftovers had suggested, at the moment it's the best I can think of.

EDIT: Unspeced player attacks them? Go for it and show them who is boss. Also, we know that they are just players.. I'm pretty sure left is trying to get peoples opinions on what they think of this.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
So Guides and Proctors are limited on who they are allowed to kill, keep it to specs only, and the rest of the community can kill who they like?

What if the unspec'ed player starts it?

Again I will say it again, all moot as they are players and will not have any restrictions placed on them.
  • Yes.
  • Then they kill them.
  • Meh. Coming to an agreement is better than nothing.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Well again it is moot as they are players and can kill whomever they like. I cannot see that changing. I wonder how many Guides/Proctors we might lose if that restriction is placed on them.
That's the problem of the Guides/Proctors then. They CHOSE to accept a position of grace among the community, if they are disheartened by vehemence against their camping of new players, that is their problem.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
That's the problem of the Guides/Proctors then. They CHOSE to accept a position of grace among the community, if they are disheartened by vehemence against their camping of new players, that is their problem.

You are limiting what they can do on a server. Each person gets the choice of how they wish to play, and some wish to be douches and kill low levels.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I can admit to the fact that I have been a perpetrator of this sort of act. Although, I have personally shown an act of forgiveness to the players that I've harmed with an apology or a material thing such as items or coin. Despite I've killed newbies before, I avoid them as much as possible. Killing new players with minimal experience is morally unacceptable.

However, as mentioned above, we do have the right to attack and potentially kill players - regardless of their current status in Herocraft. The only judgment that is made at the end is that they have a Staff role and having this role can mean that you should be helping, not disadvantaging players by attacking them. That act is somewhat frowned upon several players. Yet again, I believe Mods, Guides, Proctors, Heralds (etc.) are still players in the game and still gain the right to do the same things as a player who has been playing on the server for a long time. It's all about the player - if you die to a player with a Staff role, bad luck.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
You are limiting what they can do on a server. Each person gets the choice of how they wish to play, and some wish to be douches and kill low levels.
Is that a bad thing? It was their choice to become a guide/proctor, which should be polarizing against being a "douche" and killing low levels.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, at least I have come to this conclusion so far. Staff killing new players = Frowned upon

Status
Not open for further replies.