• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
The only ever way I'd want to become an Olympic athlete is if the Olympic medals were really chocolate coins.
I freaking love chocolate coins.

agentjwall

Godly
Guys, as much as we love the support. Please try to keep it classy on this thread. You are responsible for your own actions, and it pains me to see so many posts having to be deleted. We don't need you to flame some random dude for trying to annoy us, I'm sure his life is hard enough as it is. Take this time to reflect how lucky we are to have such a strong, united community. :)

I love you Herocraft! <3

Spending hours of effort insulting him or trying to be a jerk to him won't do any good guys. It only wastes our time and gives him satisfaction. Which leaves most of us with only one method of resistance...

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE: OFF [ON]
argument_victory.png

cmckenica

Legacy Supporter 7
I know I'm gonna get bashed by this, either by a mod or a member, but someone was going to say it sooner or later, so here it goes.
I have put in place extreme mitigation on our website via a anti-ddos service. If I need to, I'll crank it up, fucker.
Hopefully I'm correct when thinking this is your way of saying "Come at me, bro."

*Again sorry for breaking the "No m3m3's" rule, but I had to say it.*

Edit: Also my aunt has a friend in the FBI and he passed the info along to people in that authority.

Milosh94

Wood
Well I've been looking around for a bit and I don't know if this will help but it wont hurt to give it a look.
http://deflate.medialayer.com/
Apparently for some it works for some and for some it doesn't. I thought if it could help I would send it your way.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Not happy that I come back to this. He will fail, whether from government or giving up. Herocraft won't fall, and I do have to wonder why he thinks that our population will go to his server when he has become one of the most hated people known to us in a while.

Have fun with your failure, if you do ever read this. Just ask the guy that DDoS'ed Herocraft back in Sanctum. You won't win. So, I'll continue having a good time on here, and I hope you find another way to have fun with out ruining other people's. To be honest, it's not very kind, and a very improper way to present yourself.

Spending hours of effort insulting him or trying to be a jerk to him won't do any good guys. It only wastes our time and gives him satisfaction. Which leaves most of us with only one method of resistance...

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE: OFF [ON]
argument_victory.png
You may have already known about xkcd, but I still like to think that it was me who taught you so well. ;)

chrisxzpyro

Stone
God damn it. I can't believe they're still keeping it up! What are they trying to prove? When the servers come back up we should do something BIG to get a bunch of new people to reinvigorate the server and show them our resilience.

KAIN EDIT:
Hi, I'm a giant d-bag and Craftlandia is the worse server because we DDOS stuff.

Kainzo is really interested in finding a way to stop the attacks, because he is making a living from all your donations lol.

This guy is a fraud, he isn't even a programmer, He PAY for real developers to put his name on the plugin page, so stupid ppl may think he is a developer also.

The sad thing is that he pays using YOUR DONATION MONEY. So you guys are paying for this guy efforts to be someone he isn't.
Hey screw off. Your server sucks because you have to attack other servers to be number one. No one wants you to post here so to that I say

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
If anyone has Spelunkii (No idea if that's actually the name, don't really care either)'s email, I would like it. Won't troll or make us look bad, no worries. I figure if there's a chance someone can talk sense into him, it's worth it. PM to me if you have it/can find it, please. :)

meh1002

TNT
and you know what made my day, ireland won their first medal. woot gold in womens boxing

bar fight for the win!!!

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Putting the following on Facebook - Use it if you want or w/e.

(First link: Herocraft Online Forums thread
Second link: Spoutcraft Forums thread
Third link: Minecraft Forums thread)

herocraftonline.com/main/threads/ddos-attack-by-craftlandia.22769/

http://forums.spout.org/threads/herocraft-dev-being-ddosd-by-spunkiiez-craftlandia-server.4562/

www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1414560-herocraft-plugin-development-ddosd-by-brazilian-craftlandia-server/
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The minecraft server known as Herocraft has been under attack via DDoS by a Brazilian server by the name of Craftlandia. Legal action is being taken, and these fools will get what's coming to them. If legal actions fail, they better stop. Because we, as Herocraft's community (and other servers) will fight against this tyranny. Ultimately, the server's owner will fail in this. Just ask the person who DDoS'ed us a bit more than a year ago.

Apparently, Herocraft is not the first server to be hit by this server. Craftlandia is known for DDoS'ing many Brazilian servers in order to gain more players. And so, though we are in no case the first, Herocraft's staff will do our best to ensure that HC is the last.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
I've been doing a bit of looking around on the most popular things used for DDOS attacks and hacking of videogame servers and so far, it seems the easiest and most common is a basic LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon). It basically overloads the servers with requests (which takes up a lot of mbps from the game servers) to crash the server.

Plus, if he's a 14 year old who thinks he's boss for doing this (like we all know he is), he's probably using this...
(ignore the download link to the LOIC that I already screened and found clean)

Oh, and JIC anyone wants to "see the server", here's a video with all of their server IP's in the description..

^.^

BPOtacon

Legacy Supporter 3
I've been doing a bit of looking around on the most popular things used for DDOS attacks and hacking of videogame servers and so far, it seems the easiest and most common is a basic LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon). It basically overloads the servers with requests (which takes up a lot of mbps from the game servers) to crash the server.

Plus, if he's a 14 year old who thinks he's boss for doing this (like we all know he is), he's probably using this...

Oh, and JIC anyone wants to "see the server", here's a video with all of their server IP's in the description..

^.^

for all of you that want to get in to this ^ dont come to me ;)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
The comments section for that video are funny :D

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8

^.^
No single person here could even begin to properly DDoS, so no worries :p (I mean the common rabble)

Status
Not open for further replies.