• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
In need of clarification for the purpose of rollbacks.

In what kind of situations would allow a rollback to be initialised?

Would it be for loss of items? At a mass scale?
Griefing of blocks in a region?
Would it vary on how severe the effect is?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
In need of clarification for the purpose of rollbacks.

In what kind of situations would allow a rollback to be initialised?

Would it be for loss of items? At a mass scale?
Griefing of blocks in a region?
Would it vary on how severe the effect is?

A roll back is usually not done for items unless there is a specific reason ((And it is a very controlled situation). If we rolled back for theft during abuse of regions, and were not able to retrieve the items from the thief, it would just duplicate them. Yesterday some player's files were corrupted and they had to be rolled back so the file was no longer corrupted, and that gave them their inventory back ((Not chests)).

Usually wide spread grief OR hard to obtain blocks will be rolled back ((Glowstone)).

A roll back is usually done on a case by case basis. There is not a specific guideline for it.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Is it legal to talk about a server that doesnt exist anymore?

Well the rules do say:

Chat Rules

The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:
  • Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
  • Impersonation of any Herocraft Online staff member.
  • Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
    • This includes other teamspeak servers, other minecraft servers, personal vents/mumbles and other game servers that DH does not directly (or indirectly) sponsor. This is a zero tolerance rule, and will result in an immediate ban.
    • This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online Service that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft, however staff does not support Real Money Trading, and does not want to see it on public channels.
  • The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc).
    • This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang.
  • Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter.
  • Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff.
  • Deals made in trade chat are binding.
    • The sale of town mayorships is not supported.
  • Posting in a township or guild thread you are not a member of for anything other than guild business. Using their threads to start arguments or flame members will result in a 1-week forum suspension.
So it is best to not discuss them.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo already answered the other question, so

The Citizenship plugin hasn't been ported yet (its creator, flameman is having close encounters with real life at the moment) therefore towns can't officially declare war or peace by those means.
That doesn't change the fact though that even in war, all rules apply:
- no PvP inside town rings
- no stealing inside town rings
So basically, you won't notice a difference when waging war against another settlement - except for citizens from opposing towns killing each other when they meet in the wilderness.
We need to work on this aspect of PvP in the future to make it more interesting and rewarding. For now, the answer to your question is no.
Wait no pvp in town rings? Does this mean raiding towns is illegal ?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Is the "RULES" section on the Wiki regularly updated by mods/admins? It is my understanding that anyone can edit the wiki. I would like verification on the following lines:

Destruction of rare blocks outside of towns and Spawn.
  • Rare blocks consist of diamond, gold, emerald, cracked-stone brick and mossy stonebricks.
Is this a complete/current list?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Is the "RULES" section on the Wiki regularly updated by mods/admins? It is my understanding that anyone can edit the wiki. I would like verification on the following lines:

Destruction of rare blocks outside of towns and Spawn.
  • Rare blocks consist of diamond, gold, emerald, cracked-stone brick and mossy stonebricks.
Is this a complete/current list?

Those are the current and only placed blocks that may be stolen.

Anyone who registers on the Wiki may edit pages, but lets face it, people don't. For future reference, you can click 'view history' on any Wiki page to see who edited what.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello fine people,

So as I am sure many have heard or seen there is a lot of conversation about the old buildings and grief in Bastion.

I would love some clear cut process to help us in cleaning up the map without getting ourselves banned for removing a cobblestone house.

Initially I thought "Great, if there is no claim sign then I should just start cleaning things up!" Then I thought, well if someone else griefed the claim sign then I could still be at fault.
So for all these half built or fully built structures in Bastion how do we go about destroying them legally?
PE it? Place a sign on the building saying claim by Date 0/0/0 or building will be removed? How long would it have to be marked?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Hello fine people,

So as I am sure many have heard or seen there is a lot of conversation about the old buildings and grief in Bastion.

I would love some clear cut process to help us in cleaning up the map without getting ourselves banned for removing a cobblestone house.

Initially I thought "Great, if there is no claim sign then I should just start cleaning things up!" Then I thought, well if someone else griefed the claim sign then I could still be at fault.
So for all these half built or fully built structures in Bastion how do we go about destroying them legally?
PE it? Place a sign on the building saying claim by Date 0/0/0 or building will be removed? How long would it have to be marked?

You handle it the same way it states to go about claiming a building, there is not a difference as far as I know. You put
up a sign, wait a week and then petition it for the okay.

I have on occasion given the okay on an obviously destroyed building early, or I remove it myself.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Players should not have homes set in other towns

Hahaha, holy shit rules have sure changed since then. Before there was no camping outside of rings a.k.a town regions (I wasn't here for that, but I assume it was a giant ring above towns marking their territory.) You weren't allowed to use Lava/flint n steel to kill players in towns and so many more that I'm too lazy to post.

It's so amazing to see how much Herocraft has evolved since then, heh.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hahaha, holy shit rules have sure changed since then. Before there was no camping outside of rings a.k.a town regions (I wasn't here for that, but I assume it was a giant ring above towns marking their territory.) You weren't allowed to use Lava/flint n steel to kill players in towns and so many more that I'm too lazy to post.

It's so amazing to see how much Herocraft has evolved since then, heh.
This was also when stealing (no matter where or what) was illegal.

Those skills require a target that is within your line of sight. You do not have a line of sight if there is a block between you and your target, transparent or not).

You should not be able to do this, and if you can it would be considered an exploit.

It could be a bug but a friend jokingly force pushed me through a glass pane off the top our floating base. We laughed about it and I'm not complaing about it, but I can say with certainty that you can do this.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
It could be a bug but a friend jokingly force pushed me through a glass pane off the top our floating base. We laughed about it and I'm not complaing about it, but I can say with certainty that you can do this.
As I said in this very old post that you quoted....
You should not be able to do this, and if you can it would be considered an exploit.