• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I tried asking this in Help chat earlier today but wasnt able to get a completely sure answer.
Is it considered exploiting/anything else illegal to position myself behind a Lift to get into a room that wasnt intended when the Lift was made?
So for example we could have a building like this.

2013-06-10_17.59.02.png
Here we would have two lifts. On Floor one, a lift that goes up, and on floor two a lift that goes down.
2013-06-10_17.59.11.png

Instead of going on the upper lift in a normal way from the front to get into the lower lift, I would position myself like this, behind the lift, and then click it to go down.
2013-06-10_17.59.24.png And by doing so, I would get here. The [Lift Up] sign would be behind the wall in front of me, and I would be in a room that isnt intended to be accessable by the one who owned the building.
2013-06-10_17.59.40.png
So would I be breaking rules/exploiting glitches if I positioned myself like that to get access to another room to reach chests to be able to take items from them (the chests would be behind me in picture 4.), or is doing the thing as I explained legal?

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
I dont see why thats not aloud, It doesn't break any rules, its a fair build and is perfectly raidable....
if you're not sure, Build your house and before adding any interior "/pe" it and ask a admin to inspect it for you!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I tried asking this in Help chat earlier today but wasnt able to get a completely sure answer.
Is it considered exploiting/anything else illegal to position myself behind a Lift to get into a room that wasnt intended when the Lift was made?
So for example we could have a building like this.

View attachment 7253
Here we would have two lifts. On Floor one, a lift that goes up, and on floor two a lift that goes down.
View attachment 7254

Instead of going on the upper lift in a normal way from the front to get into the lower lift, I would position myself like this, behind the lift, and then click it to go down.
View attachment 7255 And by doing so, I would get here. The [Lift Up] sign would be behind the wall in front of me, and I would be in a room that isnt intended to be accessable by the one who owned the building.
View attachment 7256
So would I be breaking rules/exploiting glitches if I positioned myself like that to get access to another room to reach chests to be able to take items from them (the chests would be behind me in picture 4.), or is doing the thing as I explained legal?

I am confused, are you hitting the lift through the block? So the lift sign is not facing you but is on the other side of the wall? People have been banned for using a lift sign like that, hitting it through the block and because of lag activating it.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I am confused, are you hitting the lift through the block? So the lift sign is not facing you but is on the other side of the wall? People have been banned for using a lift sign like that, hitting it through the block and because of lag activating it.
I meant it as not hitting through the block or abusing lag, but being in a spot where you can still barely touch the hitbox and use the lift. So in this case, you would walk to a lift, go up and then go down to be able to pass through a wall.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I know there were some issues with the ruling of lift sign last map. I would definitely as a mod or admin for approval. It would be 100% illegal IF you had to break the block, then click the sign before the block reappeared, or if the lift put you inside those glass blocks then you walked into the chest room.

Edit: damn I'm a slow typer on my phone...

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
I meant it as not hitting through the block or abusing lag, but being in a spot where you can still barely touch the hitbox and use the lift. So in this case, you would walk to a lift, go up and then go down to be able to pass through a wall.

I believe hes not clicking it through a block but at just a very specific angle for it to work

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

So it is a positioning thing. In that case I would have to say how it is exploiting when the person was not sure where they would end up? I would not know that if I stood far enough away and hit it I would end up somewhere I am not supposed to.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
So it is a positioning thing. In that case I would have to say how it is exploiting when the person was not sure where they would end up? I would not know that if I stood far enough away and hit it I would end up somewhere I am not supposed to.
Im assuming that means its allowed. Thanks for the answers.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Personally I see it like this, as long as you're able to target the sign without breaking a block within the regioned area to hit the sign then it is legal.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Personally I see it like this, as long as you're able to target the sign without breaking a block within the regioned area to hit the sign then it is legal.
My only problem with this, is Chest shops. When someone fucks up a chest shop, they get their money back, but if you fuck up a lift sign, you get nothing back :(. Just my 2 cents though.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
They didn't "fuck up" a lift sign. They weren't thinking when they placed it. I have probably gone though 2k moving chest shops because I didn't plan out where I was putting them.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
My only problem with this, is Chest shops. When someone fucks up a chest shop, they get their money back, but if you fuck up a lift sign, you get nothing back :(. Just my 2 cents though.

Actually you don't get money back when placing chest shops currently.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Let's presume that I build a house near a town. I build it beyond 100 blocks from the edge of the town's region, so that the town can not instantly claim it/rip it down. It is my house.

Say the town region expands, along with the 100 block territory, and that my house would now exist within the 100 blocks. Who owns the house now? Is it me, as I built the place before they expanded, or is it them, because it is now in their territory?

According to one staff member, i'd be able to keep my house provided that it was built before the territory was established in that location, although i'd like to get this checked... :O

Danda Kainzo

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
My understanding of this is whichever region existed first trumps the other.

Now, I would say that your house is fine within the 100 blocks because they just expanded, but if they were to expand again and engulf your house, the town would then own it.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Lets say someone sat outside of my storage room in my Trade District shop in spawn, throwing a Gold Ingot near the room when I smelt so it auto groups to the outside of the wall.

Lets also say I pour lava on this person after.

Legal? Not legal?