• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I wouldn't consider a loan trading. Trading is when someone exchange items/money for something they want of someone else.

We do not support the selling of towns, so that in itself would be a trade. =P But I understand you were specifically speaking on the teleport issue.

It is illegal to tp you and then kill you.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Using Groupteleport for any malicious purpose is illegal I'm pretty sure (Like Groupteleporting someone into lava etc.)

That is what I said...

We do not support the selling of towns, so that in itself would be a trade. =P But I understand you were specifically speaking on the teleport issue.

It is illegal to tp you and then kill you.

Whether it is GTP or a trade chat deal it is illegal, that is what Danda has always told me.

Most of the time people are porting to spawn, and you cannot be pvp'ed there anyway.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
That is what I said...

Whether it is GTP or a trade chat deal it is illegal, that is what Danda has always told me.

Most of the time people are porting to spawn, and you cannot be pvp'ed there anyway.

Well I meant more as in not directly killing someone, but like GTP them onto a 1x1 platform 100 blocks over the ground on the very edge so that they fall off and die kind of thing. But yeah.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
quick question,
Is storage of items allowed in the trade district? or only items you're selling?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
quick question,
Is storage of items allowed in the trade district? or only items you're selling?

Trade District Rules (Applies to Bastion only)

• Shops are to be used as shops only
  • Shops are not to be lived out of
  • Shops can not be blocking access to any of the shop areas
  • Temporary Chests for storage pertaining to the chest shops are allowed
    • Chests used for storage NOT pertaining to the chest shops are NOT allowed
  • Shops can not be used as secondary or primary homes
  • Abusing any skills to remove the Rent Shop sign is punishable with a suspension
  • Any shop violations are corrected on the spot without warning

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
Well I meant more as in not directly killing someone, but like GTP them onto a 1x1 platform 100 blocks over the ground on the very edge so that they fall off and die kind of thing. But yeah.

I might be wrong...but that might just be considered a form of pvp, because of the malicious intent to it?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I might be wrong...but that might just be considered a form of pvp, because of the malicious intent to it?
Nope, GTPing someone with the intent to kill (even the slightest hint) will result in action being taken. I've seen people banned for it.

Plum__

TNT
  • First warning: Player receives a warning.
  • Second warning: Player receives a 3-day suspension.
  • Third warning: Player receives a 1-week suspension.
  • Fourth warning: Player receives a 1-month suspension.
  • Fifth warning: Player receives a permanent ban.

Urhmm, is this for infringement on anything in your rules? or just chat rules?

Or is the wiki not updated?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
  • First warning: Player receives a warning.
  • Second warning: Player receives a 3-day suspension.
  • Third warning: Player receives a 1-week suspension.
  • Fourth warning: Player receives a 1-month suspension.
  • Fifth warning: Player receives a permanent ban.
Urhmm, is this for infringement on anything in your rules? or just chat rules?

Or is the wiki not updated?
These are not for chat infringements and are a general guideline we follow for the majority of rule breaks.

Chat rule infringements will result in a channel mute in most cases and the length of which is usually upto the staff member who handed out the mute. However repeat offenders may receive a global mute instead.

Plum__

TNT
Situation:
You are a dragoon.
You see a house with uncovered chests and want to get inside, but it is claimed...

You break the dirt and do that glitch thing dragoons have with jump that lets them into the house... (IDK how to do it im not a dragoon)
is this legal, or illegal as it could be seen as this rule:
Abusing game mechanics/block lag to gain access to regioned areas, etc

Or this rule (which is allowed):
Use of any functions of any Hero skills is allowed.
  • If any unwanted effects of a skill is observed, the skill will be removed or recoded. Otherwise, it is legal.
  • Any and all un-intended effects of skills a player finds must be reported in Exploit Reporting

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
In the instance you have mention it would be legal as long as the issue had been reported in exploit reporting to us prior to it being used. If it was not reported to us action would be taken against the individuals using the bug.

Exceptions to this rule are anything that causes a Dupe or something equally destructive to the server/economy.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
In the instance you have mention it would be legal as long as the issue had been reported in exploit reporting to us prior to it being used. If it was not reported to us action would be taken against the individuals using the bug.
I'm not clear on what you're saying here, Danda. May I ask a few questions, please?

First up, I'm assuming this discussion is about gaining entry to REGIONED houses, ie personal residence, township of any type, kingdom lands.
  • Plum mentions breaking dirt to gain entry - if these blocks are regioned blocks, isn't it illegal to break them to gain access, regardless of whether you're using the unintended effect of a skill or block lag or whatever?
If it's not about regioned blocks, then I understand there's no problem with gaining entry to the house by breaking dirt blocks across the door as long as those blocks are replaced.

Also, re unintended skills effects:
  • I think you're saying that if the use of a skill that could be viewed as exploiting has been brought out into the open, then it's ok to use it.
  • But players can't check the Exploit reporting threads because those threads can't be viewed by general players, so they won't have any way of knowing unless there's been a public announcement on that aspect of the skill's use.
  • Would the exploit report be followed by a public statement that this use of the skill is legal or illegal?
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here ;). And thanks.

Plum__

TNT
I'm not clear on what you're saying here, Danda. May I ask a few questions, please?

First up, I'm assuming this discussion is about gaining entry to REGIONED houses, ie personal residence, township of any type, kingdom lands.
  • Plum mentions breaking dirt to gain entry - if these blocks are regioned blocks, isn't it illegal to break them to gain access, regardless of whether you're using the unintended effect of a skill or block lag or whatever?
If it's not about regioned blocks, then I understand there's no problem with gaining entry to the house by breaking dirt blocks across the door as long as those blocks are replaced.

Also, re unintended skills effects:
  • I think you're saying that if the use of a skill that could be viewed as exploiting has been brought out into the open, then it's ok to use it.
  • But players can't check the Exploit reporting threads because those threads can't be viewed by general players, so they won't have any way of knowing unless there's been a public announcement on that aspect of the skill's use.
  • So if someone wants to use a skill in a potentially dodgy way, is it ok if they exploit-report it and then immediately use it?
  • Would the exploit report be followed by a public statement that this use of the skill is legal or illegal?
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here ;). And thanks.

The dirt would be regioned, so it would be a block lag issue of getting into the dirt block and using jump to get through it