• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
But players can't check the Exploit reporting threads because those threads can't be viewed by general players, so they won't have any way of knowing unless there's been a public announcement on that aspect of the skill's use.
Not seeing an issue here. I'd rather have lots of posts than no one reporting it.
Would the exploit report be followed by a public statement that this use of the skill is legal or illegal?
There would not be a public statement as the issue may be something we want to pull immediately.

What if the person that gets killed eventually gets GTP'd and then turns on the people/person that GTP'd them?
I'd include that under the same rule that prevents the wizard from killing the teleported player.

Plum__

TNT
In the instance you have mention it would be legal as long as the issue had been reported in exploit reporting to us prior to it being used. If it was not reported to us action would be taken against the individuals using the bug.

Exceptions to this rule are anything that causes a Dupe or something equally destructive to the server/economy.

Ok so, what your saying is... I can go make an exploit report right now on that glitch (so I know there is one) and tell my dragoon buddies to go ahead and do it go raid houses as it would be known as legal? The question is for the rest, when will I post the exploit report... Also the wiki link doesn't work for me for exploit reporting, can I get a link here?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok so, what your saying is... I can go make an exploit report right now on that glitch (so I know there is one) and tell my dragoon buddies to go ahead and do it go raid houses as it would be known as legal? The question is for the rest, when will I post the exploit report... Also the wiki link doesn't work for me for exploit reporting, can I get a link here?
hc.to/exploits

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
will fix that on the wiki now.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Wait, what? Block lag is legal..? This doesn't make any sense.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Situation:
You are a dragoon.
You see a house with uncovered chests and want to get inside, but it is claimed...

You break the dirt and do that glitch thing dragoons have with jump that lets them into the house... (IDK how to do it im not a dragoon)
is this legal, or illegal as it could be seen as this rule:
Abusing game mechanics/block lag to gain access to regioned areas, etc

Or this rule (which is allowed):
Use of any functions of any Hero skills is allowed.
  • If any unwanted effects of a skill is observed, the skill will be removed or recoded. Otherwise, it is legal.
  • Any and all un-intended effects of skills a player finds must be reported in Exploit Reporting
Just an update on this. The above has been deemed illegal, I would avoid using this from now on.

Plum__

TNT
Just an update on this. The above has been deemed illegal, I would avoid using this from now on.
I already had my townmate do it when you said it was legal, and he was banned before you made that post?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Earthwall questions:

We talked in TS, but can you confirm the legality of suffocating afk players in spawn/other no-pvp zones?

What happens if Earthwall accidentally pushes someone into pvp? What happens if it's used intentionally?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
if someone uses an exploit to steal from a region / town are those items returned or is the player SOL ? I have always wondered this.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
if someone uses an exploit to steal from a region / town are those items returned or is the player SOL ? I have always wondered this.
This server gives no reimbursements. You're SOL, though sometimes an Admin is able to use rollback to get some of the items back. LWCs are 100% safety, use em!

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
This server gives no reimbursements. You're SOL, though sometimes an Admin is able to use rollback to get some of the items back. LWCs are 100% safety, use em!

Thats kind of what I thought. A player can cheat to rob you and get banned, but you get screwed too.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Thats kind of what I thought. A player can cheat to rob you and get banned, but you get screwed too.
Currently town thefts are handled like so. The user is permanently banned until the stolen items are returned. Upon returning the items he will receive and serve his full suspension time

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Currently town thefts are handled like so. The user is permanently banned until the stolen items are returned. Upon returning the items he will receive and serve his full suspension time

How can he return the items while he's banned?