• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We arrange a time where the mayor can be online, as well as the person who stole, and unban them for the exchange.

Then we ban them again with the timed ban.

Got it, thank you. Was just curious how it worked. :)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
We arrange a time where the mayor can be online, as well as the person who stole, and unban them for the exchange.

Then we ban them again with the timed ban.
Just curious - but what happens if they refuse (either because they don't want to or can't) to do it?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Just curious - but what happens if they refuse (either because they don't want to or can't) to do it?

They stay banned until they return the items. In some cases they have agreed to make a restitution to the person they stole from in the form of coin to equate what was stolen.

I did have someone who agree to pay a set amount of coin, which I believe Danda took care of,

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I have seen many times before that you cannot just break chests and drop the items on the ground because that causes lag - you must burn the items.

Now, I have seen this before as well, but am unable to find a source on it. You cannot raid someone's chests and just burn all the items. You can only loot items that you can take with you. Have I seen this before or am I losing my mind?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I have seen many times before that you cannot just break chests and drop the items on the ground because that causes lag - you must burn the items.

Now, I have seen this before as well, but am unable to find a source on it. You cannot raid someone's chests and just burn all the items. You can only loot items that you can take with you. Have I seen this before or am I losing my mind?
Dumping/burning all of the items is very malicious and intentional, though I can't remember its legality either.

xxxCTHULHUxxx

Legacy Supporter 4
Some issues that I would like to be elaborated on and some examples of being written into the rules.

1.2 Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics.
Examples of this please...
1.2.2 Block jumping.
I have no idea what this is. Please explain further for us noobs.
1.2.4 Creating "Dark Rooms"
I think I know what this is but believe more detail would help

In the rules it says being ignorant to rules does not make you innocent so any detail on these I think would be a great addition to the rules.

I'll give an example... many times I will be getting chased by a herd of mobs. I have resorted to building upwards 4 or so blocks to get away until the sun comes up. If I kill the mobs while on top of my blocks is that abusing game mechanics? For me this makes perfect sense to do and completely within the scope of playing minecraft. Some clarification would be much appreciated.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
glitches, such as, you get money from something repeatedly (it's getting generated somehow)
Basically anything that benefits you that you continue to use and isn't supposed to happen.

Block jumping is when you're in a region you don't have access to and you climb two high blocks by placing a block for a split second and using it to boost yourself. 100% illegal.

A dark room is usually underground, basically a player-made area where lots of mobs spawn.

In your example, I'm not 100% sure but I think it's legal. Killing them that way will not give you special rewards, though.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Posted my own thread before I noticed this section. So I will ask again here.

My friends and I have had a tower in the middle of the ocean for nearly two weeks (put a decent amount of work into it) and when I went to check on it today I noticed that there is a large cobblestone platform nearish to our tower. I believe the owner of the platform intends to build a city there, if so our tower would not fall within their regions but would be within the "don't build within 100 blocks" zone. Would we still be able to use our tower since we didn't build it after them making a city?
Additional info, the tower is a little over 200 blocks away from the center of their platform.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
Posted my own thread before I noticed this section. So I will ask again here.

My friends and I have had a tower in the middle of the ocean for nearly two weeks (put a decent amount of work into it) and when I went to check on it today I noticed that there is a large cobblestone platform nearish to our tower. I believe the owner of the platform intends to build a city there, if so our tower would not fall within their regions but would be within the "don't build within 100 blocks" zone. Would we still be able to use our tower since we didn't build it after them making a city?
Additional info, the tower is a little over 200 blocks away from the center of their platform.
I think it works the same way as personal regions, you will still be able to build there as long as you get approval from the town owner, which i think by your description the owner is @ShadowRavynn

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I think it works the same way as personal regions, you will still be able to build there as long as you get approval from the town owner, which i think by your description the owner is @ShadowRavynn
But we would be able to keep our tower and use it regardless if we do no changes to it?
And the platform in question has signs claimed by Bailey and Aryios. I have only heard rumors about Bailey wanting to set up a town so I am not sure but I wanted to understand what the rules say about this regardless.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
But we would be able to keep our tower and use it regardless if we do no changes to it?
And the platform in question has signs claimed by Bailey and Aryios. I have only heard rumors about Bailey wanting to set up a town so I am not sure but I wanted to understand what the rules say about this regardless.

If it turns into a town, then as previously mentioned, you would have to get permission from the town owner to keep your tower within the 100 blocks..

Towns generally trump any other region/building. If the nearby town's regions were to expand and therefore encapsulate your tower, there wouldn't be much you could do.. Though I'm sure the town owner would let you get your stuff if it did cannibalise it.

xOHSNAPZx

Coal
I have a question about pixel art. I thought the rules about pixel art were seeing an image from the map. Please post a link to the page that describes the rules about pixel art cause I am a little confused. Thanks! :)

xOHSNAPZx

Coal
Also, In the Wiki it states that there will be an "enforcement" protocol when dealing with chat abuse. I was muted without warning. I am new to Herocraft. Love the server so much that I will continue to donate. So just know My intentions are good and I will no longer break any rules or abuse the chat.

I would just like to know if we are enforcing the rules fairly for everyone according to the wiki...

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
from my experience last map, pixel art can include any text / large images of something made in general, not regioned areas. It doesnt necessarily have to be viewable from overhead map. I think the mods give some ability to make pixel art creations in regioned areas, especially if they are in undercity / not generally viewable to others, but may check with them specifically before you take on any particularly ambitious projects. Statues seem to be generally allowed in open areas, as long as they are not horribly offensive (giant penises).

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Also, In the Wiki it states that there will be an "enforcement" protocol when dealing with chat abuse. I was muted without warning. I am new to Herocraft. Love the server so much that I will continue to donate. So just know My intentions are good and I will no longer break any rules or abuse the chat.

I would just like to know if we are enforcing the rules fairly for everyone according to the wiki...

In regards to mutes, we do not have to give warnings. We have rules for the server and for the chat channels and it is up to the community to read the rules and follow them.

If you are muted post an appeal and wait for it to be reviewed.

I have a question about pixel art. I thought the rules about pixel art were seeing an image from the map. Please post a link to the page that describes the rules about pixel art cause I am a little confused. Thanks! :)

The following actions are prohibited:
  • Pixel art viewable on the main overhead map of /map.
  • Creation of walls of water/lava.
  • Multiple accounts.
    • If you share an IP address with another account, follow the instructions here to notify staff.
  • Redstone circuits require admin approval.
  • Completely or partially invisible skins.
  • Naming a weapon anything that breaks chat rules
    • Weapon/item names with player names or references to a player or group.
I removed some of them for you but quoted the part that talks about pixel art.

If they cannot be viewed they are fine, for example under ground.

hc.to/rules