• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I have a question about pixel art. I thought the rules about pixel art were seeing an image from the map. Please post a link to the page that describes the rules about pixel art cause I am a little confused. Thanks! :)

The Rules page in the wiki is found here. Pixel art is mentioned.

Edit: Angy got there first!

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
lol we made billboards too last map. such a fun idea but i guess herocraft would look like the interstate to disney world if we let it go >>

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
I believe earlier in this thread, it was confirmed that an LWC chest is considered inactive if the owner hasn't used it in 30 days, and is removable by staff, with some of the rarer valuables removed at the staff's discretion. Is this correct?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe earlier in this thread, it was confirmed that an LWC chest is considered inactive if the owner hasn't used it in 30 days, and is removable by staff, with some of the rarer valuables removed at the staff's discretion. Is this correct?
Incorrect, LWCs are on their own little timer. If it is not opened within 30 days (or one month, cannot remember), it will unlock itself. Note that anyone that has access to that chest can renew this time, so the owner could technically be inactive, but the chest still active.

Mods and Admins do not remove LWCs that are inactive since we have this plugin.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Incorrect, LWCs are on their own little timer. If it is not opened within 30 days (or one month, cannot remember), it will unlock itself. Note that anyone that has access to that chest can renew this time, so the owner could technically be inactive, but the chest still active.

Mods and Admins do not remove LWCs that are inactive since we have this plugin.

Jonsoon is correct but the timer is anywhere from 30 - 35 days. Admins will not remove the LWCs otherwise.

And staff always has the discretion to remove items if the need arises.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Someone got banned today for AFK macroing. This is specifically called-out in the rules, as Angy posted. What about macroing when you aren't AFK - like say I'm watching TV and running some macro like smelt gold? If you had Minecraft up, and you would be able to react to a mod standing in front of you shouting "Are you AFK?, would this be considered AFK macroing?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Someone got banned today for AFK macroing. This is specifically called-out in the rules, as Angy posted. What about macroing when you aren't AFK - like say I'm watching TV and running some macro like smelt gold? If you had Minecraft up, and you would be able to react to a mod standing in front of you shouting "Are you AFK?, would this be considered AFK macroing?

Makes a note to watch you in game =]

I have a question dealing with a form of harassment. I just started the game a week or two ago and I have enjoyed it so far. However, I am at level 23 lost soul and I am unable to progress any further because a certain person (not sure if I'm not supposed to mention names or not) has been killing me everywhere I go to kill mobs when I am online. Today was the fourth or fifth time he has taken all of my weapons and earnings from me. I understand pvp is a part of the game but when one person is nonstop following me and killing me to the point I can't even progress in the game isn't that a form of harassment? I'm not going to play the game again until this is fixed. For details on just how bad it is, I was farming on the edge of the world in haven but he kept tracking me and killing me there so today I tried going all the way to the edge of the ruins and shortly after getting there he pops up and kills me. again. I cannot avoid this asshole and I cannot keep asking high level people from my town to babysit me wherever I go. Especially when they are not often on when I am and they have things they need to do as well.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I have a question dealing with a form of harassment. I just started the game a week or two ago and I have enjoyed it so far. However, I am at level 23 lost soul and I am unable to progress any further because a certain person (not sure if I'm not supposed to mention names or not) has been killing me everywhere I go to kill mobs when I am online. Today was the fourth or fifth time he has taken all of my weapons and earnings from me. I understand pvp is a part of the game but when one person is nonstop following me and killing me to the point I can't even progress in the game isn't that a form of harassment? I'm not going to play the game again until this is fixed. For details on just how bad it is, I was farming on the edge of the world in haven but he kept tracking me and killing me there so today I tried going all the way to the edge of the ruins and shortly after getting there he pops up and kills me. again. I cannot avoid this asshole and I cannot keep asking high level people from my town to babysit me wherever I go. Especially when they are not often on when I am and they have things they need to do as well.
As clearly stated on hc.to/rules
  • Pvp, in any form, is not considered harassment unless otherwise stated in the rules.
Just wait for the PvE map, Shrine.

What is that? can I find some information on this Shrine thing somewhere? And so it's possible for him to track me no matter where I am? even if he were in haven and I was at the edge of ruins he could just find my location and come kill me?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
What is that? can I find some information on this Shrine thing somewhere? And so it's possible for him to track me no matter where I am? even if he were in haven and I was at the edge of ruins he could just find my location and come kill me?
Shrine is an upcoming PVE map, meaning it will be PVP free. The exp and rewards you gain from leveling there will be less, but you can go without fear of being killed.

As for tracking you down, Rangers have the skill Track, which allows them to known your coords (within 50 blocks) so long as they are in the same world as you. If someone is hunting you, they simply need to join whatever world you're in and track you.
Ninjas have a similar skill.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6

I know a lot of people probably want to make their own town / go it on their own right away when you join the server, but i would strongly recommend you join a town until you have sufficiently leveled and gathered enough material to start your own personal region / town. There are many towns that will be more than happy to take you in even with the understanding that you would like to leave and make your own town / whatever eventually.

Or if you really hate pvp just wait for shrine server i guess. Although I assume some people will still harass there with lava buckets and what not.

Is there a way to remove yourself from regions? Despite asking the managers of my old town to remove my access I still have it and it's really hard to fight near some blocks without effecting them. I know the mayor of my old town really enjoys issuing pe's to try and get players banned. That or she doesn't know how to properly use the region commands.

I spoke to @Angyles about this in /ch Helpme and she said she was going to speak to Danda about it, so I'm moving my question here since I had to log out.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Is there a way to remove yourself from regions? Despite asking the managers of my old town to remove my access I still have it and it's really hard to fight near some blocks without effecting them. I know the mayor of my old town really enjoys issuing pe's to try and get players banned. That or she doesn't know how to properly use the region commands.

I spoke to @Angyles about this in /ch Helpme and she said she was going to speak to Danda about it, so I'm moving my question here since I had to log out.

Danda stated no, we cannot force Mayors to remove your perms and Admins will not either. He finds it asinine they would leave you on regions but there is nothing in the rules for or against it. Sorry