• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Is Autosprint (the feature of Spout) allowed to use? People in /ch AO said its legal because its part of Spout client, even tho it gives you too big advantage in PVP.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Removed posts to prevent confusion in the future, not to censor anyone. As I promised, now that I'm back from vacation the issue has been discussed and an official documented ruling has been made and posted on our rules section in the wiki.

Herocraft Wiki said:
*Use of any functions of any Hero skills is allowed.
**If any unwanted effects of a skill is observed, the skill will be removed or recoded. Otherwise, it is legal.

As this question is closed, please do not continue to comment on it. Thank you.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This is out of the blue, and has been hotly disputed, but is porting someone to you and then killing them considered legal or illegal?

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
If a player knowingly pushes themselves up against a glass pane to get the player inside to hit them with targetable skills (fishing, if you well) is that not also against the rules?

I can understand how this would be hard to prove. However, if they spent 10 or more minutes doing it, one could argue they were fishing to get someone else to break the rules (especially after being hit by AoE skills and still returning to the glass pane).

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I don't really know of a good way to explain this, but I'll try...
If someone in a town has perms to an LWC door inside the town, but then leaves the town, is it illegal to use that LWC door to get inside that area and kill people?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't really know of a good way to explain this, but I'll try...
If someone in a town has perms to an LWC door inside the town, but then leaves the town, is it illegal to use that LWC door to get inside that area and kill people?

According to a similar situation that occurred last month, it is illegal.

This was told to me by Danda, so unless it has changed, it is illegal.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I tried to ask this in Help chat in-game, but I didnt get any answer, and was just told to "stop trolling".
So...according to http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-online-service-rules.6159/ Griefing can be defined as mindlessly destroying landscape. As a Dragoon who uses Shovel as a weapon, I sometimes break random Dirt blocks while killing monsters, and usually dont replace them. Is this against the rule and/or should I replace the Dirt blocks every time I happen to break them?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I tried to ask this in Help chat in-game, but I didnt get any answer, and was just told to "stop trolling".
So...according to http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-online-service-rules.6159/ Griefing can be defined as mindlessly destroying landscape. As a Dragoon who uses Shovel as a weapon, I sometimes break random Dirt blocks while killing monsters, and usually dont replace them. Is this against the rule and/or should I replace the Dirt blocks every time I happen to break them?
Nah. That;s more for people spamming blocks all over and making the world look like shit.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I do hate however when I've taken time to terraform a landscape into desert, and people just dig holes into it...
So annoying
I did that with a swamp about 3 weeks ago..
Now there are a random cobble house, some floating threes and wooden blocks, holes all over the place, broken water stufff and so on..
Just really annoying that it is impossible to keep certain parts of the map "nice" if you don't want to go around all day and fix other peoples mindlessness.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok i /pe'ed it but it was closed with no further information really given.
Kainzo did say well it sounds like u shouldnt do it.....
but just to be clear with the new breeding limit on each chunk you are allowed 25 animals any more and you will get a message stating the animal is unable to breed due to these circumstances. Now I found a way to make a breeding system sticking cows in minecarts breeding them and then washing the babies down into another chuck. While I can see where this could be seriously abused i have no malice intent. I just want the capibilites to breed 24 cows to make 12 calves wait 20 mins and slaughter these said calves. Is this against the rules, and if so is it because of the breeding limit on chunks to reduce lag or because it is a breeding farm.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
So recently (I won't say the names of staff) I've seen some staff banning and muting for things that I thought were not illegal. So I was wondering if I could get some insight on "E-bonics". As far as I am aware the rule only applies to Global chats. So like T, O, Help, Tour, RE, etc. But recently I have seen bans in Teamspeak and Shout/Local for internet ebonics. Now I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is legal as it does not state anything about proximity or private channels.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
So recently (I won't say the names of staff) I've seen some staff banning and muting for things that I thought were not illegal. So I was wondering if I could get some insight on "E-bonics". As far as I am aware the rule only applies to Global chats. So like T, O, Help, Tour, RE, etc. But recently I have seen bans in Teamspeak and Shout/Local for internet ebonics. Now I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is legal as it does not state anything about proximity or private channels.

I have been told that shout and local are public chats and therefore the muting can be enforced in there. If this is not true, I will refrain from muting people in shout and local for the childish e-bonics some people like to spew.

As for TS I have never banned for that, so no idea who you are referring to by this.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Shout and local are covered under public channels, they're moderated to a lesser extent for obvious reasons but mutings will still happen