• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Bans will not be discussed by staff outside the ban appeals forum. Now go read what Alator said in his last post and if you would kindly stick too it that would be great.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Danda, sorry for one more question about bans - but are we (non-admins) allowed to post in ban appeal threads that we did not create? I was hesitant to post anything.

EDIT: Apparently we have insufficient privileges to post in someone else's ban appeal. How then can we be an advocate for someone else?

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Danda, sorry for one more question about bans - but are we (non-admins) allowed to post in ban appeal threads that we did not create? I was hesitant to post anything.

EDIT: Apparently we have insufficient privileges to post in someone else's ban appeal. How then can we be an advocate for someone else?
You can't.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

You cannot be an advocate for someone else. Just because you feel someone did not do anything wrong, does not mean you know the whole story, or have seen all the evidence.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
You cannot be an advocate for someone else. Just because you feel someone did not do anything wrong, does not mean you know the whole story, or have seen all the evidence.
Does it mean we shouldn't be able to comment on the evidence that is presented? I understand that the appeal thread could become disorderly, but we should be allowed to voice our opinions somewhere.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Does it mean we shouldn't be able to comment on the evidence that is presented? I understand that the appeal thread could become disorderly, but we should be allowed to voice our opinions somewhere.
No, look I'm going to say this once, you piss me off with the way you state your opinions, they said no so drop it.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

How do you know what evidence is presented? We do not post EVERYTHING for people to see, so why do you think you should be allowed to view the evidence?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
How do you know what evidence is presented? We do not post EVERYTHING for people to see, so why do you think you should be allowed to view the evidence?

On a somewhat related note:

Let's say that Player A tells Player B that Player B can do ''X''. In the rules, the ''X'', which Player B is about to do, isn't specified as wrong, or it isn't mentioned at all. Player B read the rules, but as ''X'' isn't mentioned, they go along with it. Player A tells them that what they are doing is fine, but in reality it isn't. In other words, Player B was tricked by Player A, but Player B is the one punished.

Surely the blame should be placed on them equally? Player A misguided a player, and Player B should have asked the staff. Instead of giving Player B a, say, a 2 week ban, why not give both of them a 1 week ban?

I hope i've made this easy to understand. What are your views on this, could this ever happen?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
On a somewhat related note:

Let's say that Player A tells Player B that Player B can do ''X''. In the rules, the ''X'', which Player B is about to do, isn't specified as wrong, or it isn't mentioned at all. Player B read the rules, but as ''X'' isn't mentioned, they go along with it. Player A tells them that what they are doing is fine, but in reality it isn't. In other words, Player B was tricked by Player A, but Player B is the one punished.

Surely the blame should be placed on them equally? Player A misguided a player, and Player B should have asked the staff. Instead of giving Player B a, say, a 2 week ban, why not give both of them a 1 week ban?

I hope i've made this easy to understand. What are your views on this, could this ever happen?

Danda said it pretty well in his post hahaha.

But what is player A is not certain either? Did he mislead them on purpose or was it in error?

I will agree if you have in writing that the person said "Oh it is fine do it!" when they know damn well it is not alright I think they both should be punished.

Of course, like Danda said "If you are unsure ask staff"

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
No, look I'm going to say this once, you piss me off with the way you state your opinions, they said no so drop it.
I didn't attack you. I didn't attack anyone. I don't know why you feel the need to escalate things to this level.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Just stay on topic and drop the subject. I've asked nicely I won't do so again.

Nightroado

Obsidian
(1) Can player A call out to player B to make a trade and then cut Player B down instead?
(2) Can player A have player C ambush player B in that same situation before he arrives?
(3) Can player A cut down player B right after the trade?

Thanks in advance!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
(1) Can player A call out to player B to make a trade and then cut Player B down instead?
(2) Can player A have player C ambush player B in that same situation before he arrives?
(3) Can player A cut down player B right after the trade?

Thanks in advance!

Was the trade agreed upon in the Trade channel?