• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

The age for COPPA is 13+.

So that aside, what exactly are you asking?

For what specific reasons does this server enforces said law?

EDIT: And if it is okay, may I copy the reason and provide it to the server admin of the other server as well as direct link him here?

Because its the law?

I've already explained to the server admin/owner and he keeps insisting that its a "US-only law" despite even being directly linked to the international scope portion of the COPPA wikipedia page, its gotten to the point where even his Ops are under the impression that they, as a server, are not liable for players under 13 joining and playing on their server purely because "buying an account for Minecraft requires a transaction through a credit card or bank account, which both have you require being an adult, so technically, all Minecraft accounts belong to adults, so COPPA doesn't apply to Minecraft."

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I've already explained to the server admin/owner and he keeps insisting that its a "US-only law" despite even being directly linked to the international scope portion of the COPPA wikipedia page, its gotten to the point where even his Ops are under the impression that they, as a server, are not liable for players under 13 joining and playing on their server purely because "buying an account for Minecraft requires a transaction through a credit card or bank account, which both have you require being an adult, so technically, all Minecraft accounts belong to adults, so COPPA doesn't apply to Minecraft."

Okay it applies not to the game it applies to the forums.

You have to be 13 to sign up to forums because you are asking for specific information: email, location, age, IGN, etc.

Servers on a greylist or zero whitelist do NOT need to follow COPPA because you are not asking for information. We allow those under the age of 13 to play via the greylist as it does not violate the law COPPA.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
What are the current rules regarding sharing accounts?

Like, it is alright if two people (both with whitelisted accounts for HC) exchange account use to aid them with specific things? What if two people share one whitelisted account?

For example, let's presume there are two players: A and B.

Player A lets Player B go on their account, (while they do other things) to help Player A level up their combat class/specification.

While Player B is on Player A's account, Player A goes on Player B's account to do building or to level up Player B's current profession.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I have heard mixed answers to this, so I may aswell just ask here.

Can skills like bash, strike, drainsoul (any non AoE skills) be legaly used to hit another player through a completed glass pane. No holes or open spaces.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
What are the current rules regarding sharing accounts?

Like, it is alright if two people (both with whitelisted accounts for HC) exchange account use to aid them with specific things? What if two people share one whitelisted account?

For example, let's presume there are two players: A and B.

Player A lets Player B go on their account, (while they do other things) to help Player A level up their combat class/specification.

While Player B is on Player A's account, Player A goes on Player B's account to do building or to level up Player B's current profession.
Not much we can do about this, just understand if Player A gets Player B's account banned, Player B can't use it as an excuse to get unbanned.

Can skills like bash, strike, drainsoul (any non AoE skills) be legaly used to hit another player through a completed glass pane. No holes or open spaces.

Targetable skills shouldn't be able to be used through blocks, but unless you get a video of it happening it's very tough to prove.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8

Those skills require a target that is within your line of sight. You do not have a line of sight if there is a block between you and your target, transparent or not).

You should not be able to do this, and if you can it would be considered an exploit.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
That is what I though. I wanted to be 100% sure before any accusations. Thanks!

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I got a few questions about town region abuse and such..

Is it legal to be let into an enemy town by a person who got perms there?

Does lwc's have the same rules as regions?
Example: I lived in town A, then leaved the town but still had perms on the outdoor lwc, can I open that door and raid later then?

May a mayor take stuff from inactive citizens of his own town?

I've seen there has been some bans on the first two, but I couldn't find anything about it in the rules..

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I got a few questions about town region abuse and such..

1. Is it legal to be let into an enemy town by a person who got perms there?

2. Does lwc's have the same rules as regions?
Example: I lived in town A, then leaved the town but still had perms on the outdoor lwc, can I open that door and raid later then?

3. May a mayor take stuff from inactive citizens of his own town?

I've seen there has been some bans on the first two, but I couldn't find anything about it in the rules..

1. No. This is considered region abuse by both parties.
2. I'd advise not doing something as this. While it is the responsibility of the town mayor/council to keep tabs on region/lwc access, it could be argued by the town that you joined for the sole reason of gaining lwc access to exploit later.
3. If an inactive player is kicked from the town, the mayor may do as he wishes with the plot. However, this does not mean a mayor can lure in a player, get them to move their belongings into a town, and then kick them out to steal it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@3 if you kick a player they have 24 hours to collect their stuff right?
There's no set time span but you need to be reasonable.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Is autosprint legal?
If not why is spoutcraft?
Because it can be disabled on the server side in spout. We just haven't installed spout plugin again yet as it still needs a bit more testing.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
If someone is kick from a town for inactivity and then logs in inside town is it still illegal for them to steal?

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
This goes back to my last question,

I know plague bomb is an AoE, however if the actual sheep is fired into a house through a closed iron bar, (no holes, like a solide block), is that legal?