• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Question:

Can a player use pulse thro blocks or region to get at and kill a player?

Have many a varying answer from all across the board, and would like to know the ruling on this please.

:)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've stated what is legal and what isnt when the issue arise - there is no question otherwise.

If you dont want to get AE'd through a wall - don't stand close to one, when we can patch this out entirely we will. (The concept is very pain-staking and laggy - a better resolution is to make AE skills less massive in the radius)

By design, the AE skills do not check blocks or line of sight - given the 'ae' nature of these skills it would be a painful and very very laggy process to have to check each individual target (and if you can see it) before allowing the damage.

We choose to not police the use of AE skills unless it is grossly abused or used in a quick-leveling scheme

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
If you dont want to get AE'd through a wall - don't stand close to one, when we can patch this out entirely we will. (The concept is very pain-staking and laggy - a better resolution is to make AE skills less massive in the radius)

Pulse - Deals 20 damage to entities within 9 blocks.

Maybe reduce the range of it to 4 blocks. I can see this being abused by wiztards standing outside a region to get at said players.

for example a donor region, smallest is 15x15x15, with a block radius of 9 there is very little 'safe zone'
course the user could donate more to get bigger region but economy sucks atm :)

If in a raid of a town/player etc, I can see this being combat ok, but can see it being abused quickly.

Icy Aura falls under this as well
For 10 seconds, entities within 10 blocks of the caster take 6 damage every 2 seconds. ( adds up to 30 dmg in ten seconds)

I can see the very pain in the butt process of trying to weed out the line of sight bits, etc, and I know staff is very busy.

In short, if you have AE skills, don't be a tard when using them.

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I apologize if my post was offensive or unnecessary. I'm sure there will be a good resolution regarding pulse. I actually just wanted to focus on the fact that people are receiving different answers about things and it being confusing. My suggestion would be to confer with others before giving an immediate answer that may or not agree with other answers.

We all know that it is very difficult to police ANY server perfectly, and there is absolutely no way to address all the issues that may arise. I know it must be frustrating from the admins' standpoint, because it is just impossible to make everyone happy or answer everyone's questions to their satisfaction. I think this thread is a great place to hash out the gray areas.

All in all, I think we can all agree that we need to be more patient with getting answers, and also understand that maybe we shouldn't nit-pick about every single little thing unless someone is REALLY abusing it a lot. Maybe the pulse thing is kinda....unfair right now, but I guess as long as no one is really abusing it, we could just wait for a resolution, which I'm sure will come eventually

:)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
New question:
(not trying to cause issues, being a guide I have alot of questions asked and answer alot of them )

Is it legal or allowed to block glitch inside a region?
ie player inside a region that they dont have build rights too, like spawn/town, they place a block and for a split second it appears allowing the player to jump on it and over wall/fence, higher place to gain access to another area.

while researching this I found this out:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Block_jumping
Block jumping is similar to pillaring, which is an easy way of travelling upwards. By block jumping, the Player can easily reach very high places by jumping and placing a block underneath the player's feet while airborne.

Block jumping is a form of "cheat" movement used as pillaring on multiplayer mode in areas the player cannot build in. On most servers there are protected areas in which the player cannot build or destroy. However, you can still reach high places in these areas by placing a block under you and quickly jumping off it again before it disappears. This can be repeated as long as the ping is high enough.

A better way of block jumping that even works on servers with a very low ping is to jump next to a wall and place a block on the wall. By quickly jumping and placing blocks one after another in front of the player, he/she will be able to bypass the build protection used in servers.

Our rules:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Rules
The following actions are prohibited:

• Building or mining within town rings without explicit permission from the town's mayor.
    • This rule extends 100 blocks fron town rings.
  • Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics.
    • Logging out while in pvp.
    • Attacking players in a no-pvp zone from a pvp zone.
    • Block jumping.

If needed I can pm these questions to appropriate staff :)

Carlover1234

Obsidian
Is advertising someone's town or guild on your town thread allowed? Also is making another thread to promote your town or guild allowed? Thanks:)

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
Can we get some of these "unwritten rules" written on the wiki or official forum post? I feel like me not being around for a few months has left me out of the loop. Some things are commonly accepted as legal or illegal but the information is not made public. I can not listen to word of mouth, I have too many enemies and know too many stupid people for that to be a reliable source to base my actions on.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Can we get some of these "unwritten rules" written on the wiki or official forum post? I feel like me not being around for a few months has left me out of the loop. Some things are commonly accepted as legal or illegal but the information is not made public. I can not listen to word of mouth, I have too many enemies and know too many stupid people for that to be a reliable source to base my actions on.
If you are ever unsure about a rule ask a guide. If they feed you false information they will be punished for doing so :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
last i checked yes

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Is it legal to destroy all crops, saplings and reeds in a wilderness town? (the town is in the process of trying to get certified)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Destroying farms is legal.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Are there any set rules regarding the use of specific ICs/mechanisms in 'public'/unregioned areas? I had a simple clock IC (and at one point also a couple regular repeaters) to make flashing lights at a store I set up outside a mob arena. I had no problems with this, but one player complained it caused lag (which is why I removed the repeaters to make it even simpler)... but the next day the clock IC had been disabled. I opened a /pe which was closed without anyone telling me what the policy is on this.

Also, if this is believed to cause lag and is therefore not OK, do you expect it might be alright once we are on the new server? thanks.

agentjwall

Godly
Are there any set rules regarding the use of specific ICs/mechanisms in 'public'/unregioned areas? I had a simple clock IC (and at one point also a couple regular repeaters) to make flashing lights at a store I set up outside a mob arena. I had no problems with this, but one player complained it caused lag (which is why I removed the repeaters to make it even simpler)... but the next day the clock IC had been disabled. I opened a /pe which was closed without anyone telling me what the policy is on this.

Also, if this is believed to cause lag and is therefore not OK, do you expect it might be alright once we are on the new server? thanks.

Any RS circuity that causes too much lag is usually frowned upon in Herocraft (especially in public places). I'm sure there are other ways you can draw attention to your shop though!