• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

time_warp01

Legacy Supporter 6
Are there any set rules regarding the use of specific ICs/mechanisms in 'public'/unregioned areas? I had a simple clock IC (and at one point also a couple regular repeaters) to make flashing lights at a store I set up outside a mob arena. I had no problems with this, but one player complained it caused lag (which is why I removed the repeaters to make it even simpler)... but the next day the clock IC had been disabled. I opened a /pe which was closed without anyone telling me what the policy is on this.

Also, if this is believed to cause lag and is therefore not OK, do you expect it might be alright once we are on the new server? thanks.
Any redstone circuitry you create should be checked by a mod first to make sure it's not a big deal. That being said, Kainzo has stated that this server is a lot better at handling redstone than the last one, and in general you'd have to build something pretty massive to create much lag. Clocks and other circuits that turn themselves on, especially ones that stay on when no one is present in the chunk, tend to cause lag when someone enters the chunk. In general, try to keep your circuits as simple as possible (repeaters are a big help here) and avoid stuff like clocks that stay on when everyone leaves. I hardly think a few flashing lights are a significant threat though.

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Could someone clarify on the rules regarding LWCs of inactive/banned users? If I pe the chests, will the LWC simply be removed, or will the contents and the chest be gone altogether?

To my understanding, LWC's belonging to someone inactive for a month are eligible to be pe'd, and gold/diamond blocks are removed before the LWC protection is dropped to prevent people getting rich off of lwcs filled with gold blocks. Is this correct?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Could someone clarify on the rules regarding LWCs of inactive/banned users? If I pe the chests, will the LWC simply be removed, or will the contents and the chest be gone altogether?
The LWC on the chest will be removed, and they must be inactive for 1 month, I believe.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
After 1 month of inactivity LWC can be petitioned for removal. The majority of the contents will remain but if there is a ridiculous amount of gold it's usually removed before the LWC is as to not flood the economy. But this is how I remember things so they may not be 100% accurate.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
After 1 month of inactivity LWC can be petitioned for removal. The majority of the contents will remain but if there is a ridiculous amount of gold it's usually removed before the LWC is as to not flood the economy. But this is how I remember things so they may not be 100% accurate.
Remember?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I have a question regarding the kingdom/township rule. It says,

"All additional townships must be within a 200 block distance from a affiliated town"

Does that mean the WHOLE town has to be within the 200 blocks or only 1 block of the town has to be at least within the 200 blocks?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I have a question regarding the kingdom/township rule. It says,

"All additional townships must be within a 200 block distance from a affiliated town"

Does that mean the WHOLE town has to be within the 200 blocks or only 1 block of the town has to be at least within the 200 blocks?
I believe it's just going from the edge of the town - If it's 200 or less, you're good.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
I just read the rules again on the wiki and in the forurm. I thought I remembered a rule against creating chest shops for other players. I was wondering if I imagined that or something haha. Basically I want to make a chest shop for enchanted picks and bows so that people can buy and sell there. Plus I plan to buy these all the time so it would be really handy for me to just give enchanters a location to sell me stuff. Just wanted to make sure this was allowed.

If there is a rule against this could I have the link?

agentjwall

Godly
I just read the rules again on the wiki and in the forurm. I thought I remembered a rule against creating chest shops for other players. I was wondering if I imagined that or something haha. Basically I want to make a chest shop for enchanted picks and bows so that people can buy and sell there. Plus I plan to buy these all the time so it would be really handy for me to just give enchanters a location to sell me stuff. Just wanted to make sure this was allowed.

If there is a rule against this could I have the link?

I can say for a fact that it is illegal since it can be considered a form of exploitation. However the chest-shop plugins should prevent you from making shops in other palyers' names.

...and as always, if you find a problem with one of the plugins you should report it right away.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
I can say for a fact that it is illegal since it can be considered a form of exploitation. However the chest-shop plugins should prevent you from making shops in other palyers' names.

...and as always, if you find a problem with one of the plugins you should report it right away.

No no I mean I would make it in my name it would be my shop. But I would use it to sell enchanted items that I didn't make. I would keep the profits. It would also serve as a place for the enchanters to leave me picks if I'm offline.

I guess I am asking for a more clear definition of, "in other player's name." I consider that to mean they get the profits and I'm doing them a favor. Thats not really my intention. I wanna just buy low and sell high while still stocking up on stuff I need. I consider these selfish reasons and therefore not in another person's name.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Yea I'm pretty sure I helped fix that bug back in Zeal :p

agentjwall

Godly
No no I mean I would make it in my name it would be my shop. But I would use it to sell enchanted items that I didn't make. I would keep the profits. It would also serve as a place for the enchanters to leave me picks if I'm offline.

I guess I am asking for a more clear definition of, "in other player's name." I consider that to mean they get the profits and I'm doing them a favor. Thats not really my intention. I wanna just buy low and sell high while still stocking up on stuff I need. I consider these selfish reasons and therefore not in another person's name.

Ah, I see. It's perfectly ok to make chest shops on behalf of other players and make a profit off of your mark-ups. Just be warned that any player can sell to the shops you create; if your buy-price is too low then players will abuse it.

I realize that it is a written ToS, but I'm actually in the midst of an argument concerning COPPA and noticed that this server amongst many others does follow this particular US law and I was wondering on the reasoning for doing so?

The admins and staff of the other server are sitting here saying that they do not collect personal information beyond an IP address despite the fact that there are even gift cards for Minecraft publicly available to redeem for Minecraft in stores such as Target and Walmart despite multiple requests by ex-staff (myself included) to comply with that law since they are knowingly allowing people at the least under the age of 18 to play on their server.

(I'm only putting this here because I don't know who's staff and who's just a server reg, I apologize for it though.)

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I realize that it is a written ToS, but I'm actually in the midst of an argument concerning COPPA and noticed that this server amongst many others does follow this particular US law and I was wondering on the reasoning for doing so?

The admins and staff of the other server are sitting here saying that they do not collect personal information beyond an IP address despite the fact that there are even gift cards for Minecraft publicly available to redeem for Minecraft in stores such as Target and Walmart despite multiple requests by ex-staff (myself included) to comply with that law since they are knowingly allowing people at the least under the age of 18 to play on their server.

(I'm only putting this here because I don't know who's staff and who's just a server reg, I apologize for it though.)

The age for COPPA is 13+.

So that aside, what exactly are you asking?