• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Hmm... Then comes the problem of defenders hiding next to their beds...
But if they do that, they can't properly defend, and they won't get exp if they kill raiders as well.

+1 if this can be coded.

@Kainzo this rule should not have changed this is allowing people to bed camp consistently for ages without being force to break the bed by the rules.

Texteo has been farming the same guy now for the past 10-15 mins and is currently sitting at an 87 kill streak because of it.
*reads Kainzo's mind*
Why hasn't the guy logged off?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo this rule should not have changed this is allowing people to bed camp consistently for ages without being force to break the bed by the rules.

Texteo has been farming the same guy now for the past 10-15 mins and is currently sitting at an 87 kill streak because of it.
If you CAN break the bed (attacker) you are required to rather than killing over and over again.

I really hate having to spell everything out heh

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
If you CAN break the bed (attacker) you are required to rather than killing over and over again.

Well then texteo needs a slap for it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
*reads Kainzo's mind*
Why hasn't the guy logged off?
So you're saying that the guy should stop playing to not get attacked and pushed away from his bed before he gets a chance?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
He'll be slayed / title revoked for illegal activity - how should we state it clearly in the rules so that the attackers need to break the bed?
Gimme a sec I'll work on something :p

Rule wording suggestion said:
If the defender's bed is not regioned and the attacker does not destroy and replace the bed and kills the defender more than [insert number here] 5 times, it is considered bedcamping and is illegal.

If the defender's bed IS in a regioned area, it is the defender's responsibility to either break the bed or log off.
This is how I remember it being explained... Maybe if the bed is regioned, the attacker has to leave after something like 10 kills?

@Danda Isn't this what staff has always said? Seriously, who plays Minecraft for 15 minutes and gets killed 87 times? Persistent little bugger, ain't he? My comment was just as much a question of wonder and amazement as a suggestion.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
This is how I remember it being explained... Maybe if the bed is regioned, the attacker has to leave after something like 10 kills?.

This is how I remember it being explained:

Here's a protip, and this is for everyone: Herocraft is a game, and games are played with friends. You've all been whitelisted as candidates for friendship, and if you play like you're our friends, then you've no need to have every rule lain out for you. You will never have to be afraid of breaking the laws, because within the bounds of the laws are all that is needed for adventure, competition, and good sportsmanship. That doesn't mean we're not supposed to steal and fight and betray and go to war; in fact, that's the game we're all here to play, and it's fun. We want our friends on this server, and our friends' friends, and that's the honest truth.

Thank you. Now re-read my post and try to understand it correctly this time.

If the defender's bed is not regioned and the attacker does not destroy and replace the bed and kills the defender more than [insert number here] 5 times, it is considered bedcamping and is illegal.

If the defender's bed IS in a regioned area, it is the defender's responsibility to either break the bed or log off.​
This is how I remember it being explained...

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Thank you. Now re-read my post and try to understand it correctly this time.
Oh, I get it now. Here, I think this is the answer you're looking for:

Looks like it doesn't matter whether you're in a region. If you're attacking a place while occupied by the owner, break the bed.
...if you play like you're our friends, then you've no need to have every rule lain out for you.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
Dark Room Question

I've heard several answers about if dark rooms are or aren't legal and if so what the specifics must be.

I've seen admins/mods/guides etc say in chat, that they are legal, that they aren't legal, and that they are but must follow specific rules.

Currently from conversations with several leaders my understanding is as follows

Rooms must not contain any protection for players ie, a big open room where it is actually a struggle vs barriers that let you hit them while protected or hallways or safe rooms or whatever (basically if it feels cheap and easy you are abusing)

Must be 1 single room, not divided up into sections

Must not have any type of auto killing features, no water powered grinder etc

So in essence a big room where you fight anywhere from 1-20 mobs at a time with no protections other than your own skills

Recently I've been told that they can't be bigger than 30x30. However other leaders said this was not the case. 30x30 kinda makes it pointless and the larger rooms actually have larger elements of danger because you can get overwhelmed if you aren't careful or aren't fighting in a group.

We need a an approved consensus on which rules to abide by so that we aren't breaking any rules and nobody else is.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Dark Room Question

I've heard several answers about if dark rooms are or aren't legal and if so what the specifics must be.

I've seen admins/mods/guides etc say in chat, that they are legal, that they aren't legal, and that they are but must follow specific rules.

Currently from conversations with several leaders my understanding is as follows

Rooms must not contain any protection for players ie, a big open room where it is actually a struggle vs barriers that let you hit them while protected or hallways or safe rooms or whatever (basically if it feels cheap and easy you are abusing)

Must be 1 single room, not divided up into sections

Must not have any type of auto killing features, no water powered grinder etc

So in essence a big room where you fight anywhere from 1-20 mobs at a time with no protections other than your own skills

Recently I've been told that they can't be bigger than 30x30. However other leaders said this was not the case. 30x30 kinda makes it pointless and the larger rooms actually have larger elements of danger because you can get overwhelmed if you aren't careful or aren't fighting in a group.

We need a an approved consensus on which rules to abide by so that we aren't breaking any rules and nobody else is.

This basically sums up the topic.
So +agree with this.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Essentially, so long as you're the one doing the killing and it's a fair fight (no barriers, don't be a coward!) then you're good to go. I haven't heard any rules about size restrictions but I can promise you this (other staff can correct me on this): if you don't own the land and you make a giant 100x100 fightcube underground, don't come crying to the staff is somebody mines into it and decides to start using it too, or decides to use if for something else! Larger fight rooms, while a more exciting experience, take up a lot of real estate, and we need to share the land. We of course would deal with this on a case by case basis; on the same topic, don't take over somebody's legit fight room saying that you heard from me that it's okay.

There is one other possible size restriction: we've had problems in the past with giant darkroom towers being built near cities, on chunks that usually stay loaded, and the load on the server was madness. These were exceptionally large towers, with dozens of dark floors for generating mobs. We have a sweet rig and fat internet pipes, but Minecraft code can only handle so much and if a tower drops our tick rate down to unplayable levels it's going to get nuked, no question.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
the problem with that, is that I'm getting differing information

I need the definitive answer and a set of guidelines

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
the problem with that, is that I'm getting differing information

I need the definitive answer and a set of guidelines
If an admin has spoken, everything I said about room sizes and fair fights is null and void. Brutalacerate says "Darkrooms are illegal", so that's your definitive answer. The set of guidelines thus would be:

1. Don't build darkrooms.

I hope that helps ;)