• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

agentjwall

Godly
Is there some rule against standing on top of a building for PvP (since I'm a ranger). Yesterday (9/9/11) during PvP at airbus's shop my bow kept being taken away from me and I'm not sure why...

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Is there some rule against standing on top of a building for PvP (since I'm a ranger). Yesterday (9/9/11) during PvP at airbus's shop my bow kept being taken away from me and I'm not sure why...
You weren't breaking any rules.

KrojinKin

Legacy Supporter 6
I plan on pvping, with a large group of people and because every rule changes depending on a mods attitude or their relationships with the people being inflicted, I need a complete list of rules, no grey area please.

For Raiding, open world pvp, distance we must be from a town to pvp, or can we pvp within a town if we are wared.

If this server is hardcore when will wars become more interesting, why not be able to break down a gate to enter a town and fight.

Is there a limit to which a person can kill another.

If these people continue to persue us may we continue to kill them.

Are we aloud to create bases within the 100ish mark to fortify ourselves for long term battles.

This server seems a bit stagnet and random pking over avast amount of land.
People are comfortable with no pvp, I want to stir the pot.

Please tell me now if this server will ban me if I create a town based on warring others.
I have 5 people who I've brought from other games thus far -- more to come. I don't want to be wasting my time if I'll just get banned for pvp. So please take your time, I want kainzo's ideas about this too, ill document everything so if something comes up i'll state rules I've gathered.

Thank you.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I plan on pvping, with a large group of people and because every rule changes depending on a mods attitude or their relationships with the people being inflicted, I need a complete list of rules, no grey area please.

For Raiding, open world pvp, distance we must be from a town to pvp, or can we pvp within a town if we are wared.

If this server is hardcore when will wars become more interesting, why not be able to break down a gate to enter a town and fight.

Is there a limit to which a person can kill another.

If these people continue to persue us may we continue to kill them.

Are we aloud to create bases within the 100ish mark to fortify ourselves for long term battles.

This server seems a bit stagnet and random pking over avast amount of land.
People are comfortable with no pvp, I want to stir the pot.

Please tell me now if this server will ban me if I create a town based on warring others.
I have 5 people who I've brought from other games thus far -- more to come. I don't want to be wasting my time if I'll just get banned for pvp. So please take your time, I want kainzo's ideas about this too, ill document everything so if something comes up i'll state rules I've gathered.

Thank you.
There will always be grey areas, unfortunately. We strive to rid them completely but that isnt possible in such a dynamic world and server.

PVPing is fine. Destroying others work is considered griefing. You can break into areas if you replace the blocks of the same type, otherwise you'll get warned/rolled back.

I'd love to redo the rules to allow for more 'warfare' - hopefully the township plugin in the works will have a method for having to actively fight to claim land, but we're still toying around with it.

KrojinKin

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm very excited, I enjoy the idea of gaining and loosing land, due to wars. A Real time strategy with people, like a game of Risk but with your friends being the infantry.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm very excited, I enjoy the idea of gaining and loosing land, due to wars. A Real time strategy with people, like a game of Risk but with your friends being the infantry.
The problem with that is...
1) war time, not everyone can be on 24/7 and having just a mass amount of people shouldnt dictate strength.
2) We are a hardcore server, not a hardcore pvp or hardcore pve, but both mixed together. Not everyone plays for "PVP" but it is most definitely there. We strive to appeal to all spheres, PVE/PVP/Social

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
pvp should have an effect on everything.

You say that, but in the old days, it was just a harcore creative server(man i miss the old days of building beutiful arcitecture without any problems of anything), pvp wasnt instroduced untill late map 2, then was taken out, put back in, taken out again, then a pvp map was created. Once map started the rules on pvp got hella more linient.

My point being that a large part of the orginal community joined the server for creativity, not pvp.

KrojinKin

Legacy Supporter 6
I guess that's just a difference in personalities.. Because I can understand you enjoying the beauty of things.. It's definitely something to think about thank you for your input.. It helps me see things from a different point of view.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
hey all. I want this completely resolved in an easy to understand manner, by some people who are 100% sure about what they say. The reason for this is that for all traders that also are bankers/mayors this is a possible way to earn shitloads of money quite easily, and I have heard a lot of different answers to this.

1) Is it allowed to create a chest shop buying/selling gold in Zeal?

2) How far does one have to go from spawn (coords: 0,0) to be "outside of Zeal"?

3) How far does one have to be outside of the "border of Zeal" (see question 2 for definition of "border of Zeal")to set up a shop?

The most important question is the first one. I just figured I'd ask a couple more things as follow up questions to the first, now that I first am making this post. If these questions have already been answered here I'll apologize, I did look through the latest pages of the thread, but was too lazy to read it all right now.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
hey all. I want this completely resolved in an easy to understand manner, by some people who are 100% sure about what they say. The reason for this is that for all traders that also are bankers/mayors this is a possible way to earn shitloads of money quite easily, and I have heard a lot of different answers to this.

1) Is it allowed to create a chest shop buying/selling gold in Zeal?

2) How far does one have to go from spawn (coords: 0,0) to be "outside of Zeal"?

3) How far does one have to be outside of the "border of Zeal" (see question 2 for definition of "border of Zeal")to set up a shop?

The most important question is the first one. I just figured I'd ask a couple more things as follow up questions to the first, now that I first am making this post. If these questions have already been answered here I'll apologize, I did look through the latest pages of the thread, but was too lazy to read it all right now.

1: Last I Knew, no, gold selling is very illegal within Zeal, whether that be with a chest shop or through any other means.

1: This rule has been recently changed! Thank you for clarifying this, as I'd heard less than a week ago that it was still very illegal. It is now legal! Do so with the blessing of the Founders.

2: Zeal ends after passing 350 in any direction. And to tie that into your next question,

3: You should be able to set it up right at 351, though in the four main directions all the prime real-estate has already been taken (by Airbus, for example).

If I'm wrong on any of this, feel free to correct me!