• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
so I was in my town, and we had raiders, they come running towards me, combat had not started, no dmg or spells done to either side and I log out.

I log back in later and an admin is messaging me asking if I combat logged, I guess they reported me

I explained that I logged out before combat was initiated, (believe me, I've got like 300 hours on this server, I'm not gonna risk a ban just so I don't lose 10c worth of goods on my inventory)

anyways, the mod tells me that they'd take my word for it, but next time, I would get in trouble....

well, if I log out before a fight starts, I don't believe I should get in any trouble at all. Maybe I'll just start running fraps during combat so if there is a question I can prove myself

but I just wanted to clarify, that it IS ok to log out, if you are not in combat and not even close to another player and havn't received or given any damage or used any skills?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
While I am a healer it is possble for me to let me starve and when I begin to take dammage heal myself.
I got 4,95 exp for pray, and if I do pray on myself every 3. secound in while I get pretty much exp whit the time.
Is i legal to do this to boos your exp? I don't think it should be leagel, but I don't konw what it is. :)

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
You shouldn't be able to PLACE them. Can you?

When you create the block you can for exp. I have put down sandstone before and then removed it as it was in the wrong place and it grants exp. Same with Obsidian, if you put the block itself down and mine it back up you get exp.

So essentially you can get a stack of blocks in your home, or town and place them and mine them back up for exp. I think that is what was being asked.

I do not place diamond blocks, iron blocks or gold blocks, so I am unsure if it would grant exp, but I know dirt, sand and cobble does.

Austin LP

Wood
I have a question if somewere to blink into a town and then set a recall point then group teleport everyone into so they could raid a town excessively is this illegal

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I do not place diamond blocks, iron blocks or gold blocks, so I am unsure if it would grant exp, but I know dirt, sand and cobble does.

Diamond, Iron, Gold and Lapis blocks don't grant EXP when broken because they are blocks that don't occur naturally in the wilderness.

I have a question if somewere to blink into a town and then set a recall point then group teleport everyone into so they could raid a town excessively is this illegal
At the moment I don't believe there is a rule against this. Although if it gets to the point where it's comparable to harassment, meaning he is just ruining the game for your town and trash talks/spawn camps/etc, report him. The staff will decide if it's fair or unfair.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Diamond, Iron, Gold and Lapis blocks don't grant EXP when broken because they are blocks that don't occur naturally in the wilderness.

Yeah I knew that but at the same token, obsidian does, so is breaking those blocks in your town or home against the rules for leveling? Granted it would take a long time to mine obsidian but still, is arbitrarily placing the obsidian then mining it back up for experience against the rules?

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah I knew that but at the same token, obsidian does, so is breaking those blocks in your town or home against the rules for leveling? Granted it would take a long time to mine obsidian but still, is arbitrarily placing the obsidian then mining it back up for experience against the rules?
I think there might be a CD for the exp gain on obsidian. Im not 100% sure

Popeyepoop1

Legacy Supporter 7
so I was in my town, and we had raiders, they come running towards me, combat had not started, no dmg or spells done to either side and I log out.

I log back in later and an admin is messaging me asking if I combat logged, I guess they reported me

I explained that I logged out before combat was initiated, (believe me, I've got like 300 hours on this server, I'm not gonna risk a ban just so I don't lose 10c worth of goods on my inventory)

anyways, the mod tells me that they'd take my word for it, but next time, I would get in trouble....

well, if I log out before a fight starts, I don't believe I should get in any trouble at all. Maybe I'll just start running fraps during combat so if there is a question I can prove myself

but I just wanted to clarify, that it IS ok to log out, if you are not in combat and not even close to another player and havn't received or given any damage or used any skills?

Its legal to logout before combat initiates. And honestly, if you know you did logout before combat initiates, then you have nothing to worry about because if they fraps it, then they will see you logged before you were attacked.

I have a question about griefing/theft.
A fairly natural idea to protect normal chests is to place something like stone, glass, or obsidian on top of it. The theory is "They won't break it, because they can't replace it, and that would be griefing."
So what happens if I place glass over my chest, they break the glass, steal my stuff, but don't replace the glass? First of all, if it's a first offense, the person is just warned. Even if they get perma-banned, my items are still gone.

I guess I just want to confirm that using anti-grief rules to protect your chest will not get your items refunded, even if your plan "works" and the user gets banned. Has anyone ever done this and had their items refunded?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I have a question about griefing/theft.
A fairly natural idea to protect normal chests is to place something like stone, glass, or obsidian on top of it. The theory is "They won't break it, because they can't replace it, and that would be griefing."
So what happens if I place glass over my chest, they break the glass, steal my stuff, but don't replace the glass? First of all, if it's a first offense, the person is just warned. Even if they get perma-banned, my items are still gone.

I guess I just want to confirm that using anti-grief rules to protect your chest will not get your items refunded, even if your plan "works" and the user gets banned. Has anyone ever done this and had their items refunded?
Use LWC.