• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Actual constructive ideas on increasing PvP without decreasing server population

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
why no? wouldn't you like to see what Herocraft was in it's glory days when there was over 100 active DEDICATED people on, not just random noobs atm flooding from technic? Many of the problems such as camping from those maps are blown out of proportion and really were not that bad. Those were the good times.
No I do not. I play this server because it is a fun version of factions (because frankly, factions suck) that has an rpg base. I will NOT play on this server for just PvP; I would rather play Cops & Crims or the Survival Games if it came to this.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
No I do not. I play this server because it is a fun version of factions (because frankly, factions suck) that has an rpg base. I will NOT play on this server for just PvP; I would rather play Cops & Crims or the Survival Games if it came to this.
It still wasn't just all about PVP then either, you had groups of dedicated people buildng towns and kingdoms like LO, and giant towns like newerth. It was never just about PVP on those maps but Atleast when you wanted PVP you didn't need to wait until prime time on the weekend to get a decent size fight. On Bastion I started more on the PVE side of things just because the heroes server I played on before this was very different and everything was pretty much handed to you, I still fought people but I would never touch my enchanted armor because it was the only set I had. Freepers were probably the people that first got me into liking PVP, they were always at Altum and I died a lot trying to fight them, but sometimes I won, or got behind them and went to spawn (I almost never bought ports because I was cheap). Those were my favorite times on herocraft, far better than what it is now which is almost full on PVE, it was a better mixture even though the entire map was PVP.

Sorry if this is just me rambling, going off of memory and typing on my phone

I'll see if I can find realmatt's video of my first raid when I was like a lvl 10 runeblade

Those were good times.

Xhazed

Portal
Or when you just backfliped into that town full of noobs... I forgot the name and you got 3v1 or maybe you even fell to one of their traps. And when u went to the cloud and try to fight a dragoon and fall to death. Or when everyone used to fight in oakenshire and alex hoff came in and 1v10 every1 as a wizard with item binds. I just jizzed my pants remembering those days

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
It still wasn't just all about PVP then either, you had groups of dedicated people buildng towns and kingdoms like LO, and giant towns like newerth. It was never just about PVP on those maps but Atleast when you wanted PVP you didn't need to wait until prime time on the weekend to get a decent size fight. On Bastion I started more on the PVE side of things just because the heroes server I played on before this was very different and everything was pretty much handed to you, I still fought people but I would never touch my enchanted armor because it was the only set I had. Freepers were probably the people that first got me into liking PVP, they were always at Altum and I died a lot trying to fight them, but sometimes I won, or got behind them and went to spawn (I almost never bought ports because I was cheap). Those were my favorite times on herocraft, far better than what it is now which is almost full on PVE, it was a better mixture even though the entire map was PVP.

I'll see if I can find realmatt's video of my first raid when I was like a lvl 10 runeblade

Those were good times.
This doesn't pertain to the topic but I'd LOOOVE to see some of the mods shown in this video allowed again :)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
This doesn't pertain to the topic but I'd LOOOVE to see some of the mods shown in this video allowed again :)
The only difference between that and the current mod pack is that ther are no current combat timers or armor durability thing, and the current cd timers aren't very accurate.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
It's not that the mods aren't allowed anymore, just nobody started updating the mod pack or technic launcher since bastion, until recently. you can still make half of those things with configs in macros, I'm pretty sure.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Just going to state another reason PvP isn't like it was before. Before, after a noob was camped on their first day they had the choice of joining a resistance group against those that camp, in my case I got camped by TC and joined Freeps for a few weeks to help protect me. Now, all someone has to do is go to PvE side without much risk, however, the latest war thing that happens may help with this but I personally haven't participated in it yet.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter

Those were good times.
Those were the good days when no one cared so much about team comps and everyone played the classes that they wanted to play, now its who ever has the most healers win and is kinda depressing. That is one reason why people have left, separates the hardcore players who have free time to invest in lvling cleric and other classes and the ones that dont. I wish we could go back to the bastion where everyone wasnt worried about the class weaknesses and strengths and just if they like to play it. Yes it is partly balance's fault to blame for having those classes really good but its also the people that choose to invest and use the most broken stuff. The new PvPers need to explore more than the best classes, the real god pvpers are the ones that can win as necro and runeblade not the ones that master cleric and paladin, they are pretty much handed those victories before the battle starts. Instead of clerics, bards, and disciples it would be great to see necros, runeblade and dragoons, but one can only dream

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Those were the good days when no one cared so much about team comps and everyone played the classes that they wanted to play, now its who ever has the most healers win and is kinda depressing. That is one reason why people have left, separates the hardcore players who have free time to invest in lvling cleric and other classes and the ones that dont. I wish we could go back to the bastion where everyone wasnt worried about the class weaknesses and strengths and just if they like to play it. Yes it is partly balance's fault to blame for having those classes really good but its also the people that choose to invest and use the most broken stuff. The new PvPers need to explore more than the best classes, the real god pvpers are the ones that can win as necro and runeblade not the ones that master cleric and paladin, they are pretty much handed those victories before the battle starts. Instead of clerics, bards, and disciples it would be great to see necros, runeblade and dragoons, but one can only dream
Bastion balance was horrid but still each class was weak in one way in very strong in another, casters had such low hp but so much dmg ( RIP PB ) and dragoon was the only mobile tank, without lag now Dk and pally are better :(

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Just going to state another reason PvP isn't like it was before. Before, after a noob was camped on their first day they had the choice of joining a resistance group against those that camp, in my case I got camped by TC and joined Freeps for a few weeks to help protect me. Now, all someone has to do is go to PvE side without much risk, however, the latest war thing that happens may help with this but I personally haven't participated in it yet.
Well going into PvE isn't exactly an easy thing, not at least when there is a massive ocean between them and they are like 1000 blocks apart.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5

I can't stress this enough.

All I want to do is play ranger. That class is so beautifully designed and it is so fucking fun, but I can't viably play it because everyone either has a million heals out there ass or has 2000 hp and full diamond armour. At least that's what it feels like trying to kill a paladin, burning through half your bow and 3 stacks of arrows isn't ideal. Because of PvE, the only PvP there is now is group PvP, because assuming you find PvP it is always a full team of clerics. Raiding isn't a thing anymore, and that really kills the experience for me.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I can't stress this enough.

All I want to do is play ranger. That class is so beautifully designed and it is so fucking fun, but I can't viably play it because everyone either has a million heals out there ass or has 2000 hp and full diamond armour. At least that's what it feels like trying to kill a paladin, burning through half your bow and 3 stacks of arrows isn't ideal. Because of PvE, the only PvP there is now is group PvP, because assuming you find PvP it is always a full team of clerics. Raiding isn't a thing anymore, and that really kills the experience for me.
play your ranger and I'll play my wizard we can start a movement, @Trazil can go Necro @FrankyDemon1996 can go dragoon

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!

Since when was necro bad?