• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Actual constructive ideas on increasing PvP without decreasing server population

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
Suggestion of having factions (not the actual faction plugin);

+Have a set amount of 'factions' with premade names/ colour
+have it so it costs 250- 500 souls to join a faction (player is randomly assigned to a faction when opting to join one, will stop players stacking certain factions)
+have a 14 day CD on faction change
+have conquest points that can only be interacted though faction members (there will be a 2 day notice of any upcoming conquest point)
+increase max party size to 40+ OR have 'faction parties' that stop players damaging allies
+have rewards for the factions that get top kills, top capture points, most heals ect per 2 weeks
+players will then be kicked after 14 days and would need to opt to join one again
+have faction 'bases' (pre made tp locations for that specific faction) near conquest points

Pros;

+Gives players a chance to PVP in big parties
+helps give a even playing field in terms of PVP (no more stacked parties to an extent)
+More PVP, helps take souls and items out of econ, adds more fun
+would help mix both PVE and PVP players together

Cons;

+may need another plugin?
+would take a lot of time to set up
+might draw to much away from arena and general PVP

Thoughts;

The main problem I see currently is the skill diffrence as well as party size diffrence between existing PVP players and new players coming across from PVE/ new players to PVP. With this, it would help introduce more inexperienced players into what it's actually like to fight within a team that actually has support classes or healers ect and generally give an objective to compete for against rival factions. Due to it not requiring that much of a time/ resource sink (just needs players to get decent gear for PVP), I really do think it would draw a lot more players into the PVP side of this server.
Castle wars = dope

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Another a huge reason with people not inviting noobs to their groups is just the limit on people in towns. There were atleast 20 people today trying to join a town but only 1 was recruiting a few people.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Another a huge reason with people not inviting noobs to their groups is just the limit on people in towns. There were atleast 20 people today trying to join a town but only 1 was recruiting a few people.

Especially new towns, which only have room for about 5 people :\

Beau_Nearh

Portal

Current problem;

Creating regions such as campsites to increase cit count AND provide a personal region for a specific player are too costly to the SR than the benefit the region provides. If this wasn't too much of a pain, I for one would happily add more newbies to my SR.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I won't name anyone but you know who you are if you read this. I have been around for a good chunk of maps since Dragonguard and have played with many people. This map I can say that the people I ended up setting up base early on with only cared about PvP and simply refused to do anything else. Every day all they did was run around and mainly going to the same place to PvP only to camp someone hiding in a house. Fun is still here on HC. I live by a personal motto of mine, "it's only boring if you make it boring". I think it's just life and people are having a change in taste to only prefer one thing and ignore all the rest because it's "boring" to them. One must open their eyes and welcome all their options.

I think that there should be a server based only on PVP. Might draw the attention of the PVPers, like me, who hate it when they die and lose everything. That way the people who don't want to pvp won't have to worry about being killed at anytime, whether during war or on the pvp continent. I have a hard time finding people on the southern continent and in the arena as it is.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I think that there should be a server based only on PVP. Might draw the attention of the PVPers, like me, who hate it when they die and lose everything. That way the people who don't want to pvp won't have to worry about being killed at anytime, whether during war or on the pvp continent. I have a hard time finding people on the southern continent and in the arena as it is.
Just thought of this after seeing this post, how about we make a seperate server for PvP, keep this half PvP half PvE world for players to play on. No level transfer though to an extent there can be item transfer. This will draw the campers away from the southern continent and towards a pvp only area that only those that are "worthy" of their combat "skills" will be required to go to.

Just thought of this after seeing this post, how about we make a seperate server for PvP, keep this half PvP half PvE world for players to play on. No level transfer though to an extent there can be item transfer. This will draw the campers away from the southern continent and towards a pvp only area that only those that are "worthy" of their combat "skills" will be required to go to.
Basically what I said. Now I think that it should be where you choose a class and you auto go to level 60 (cause no one wants to pvp at a low level) and then just go at it. We could make it like arena where you can duel, free for all, deathmatch, and maybe a few other game modes like Capture the Flag and things of the sort. Now you can always change your class at will, just not in games.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Having a separate pvp server was done before and it honestly didn't help much if not at all. The arena plugin does have what you are suggesting when you speak of a place for worthy fighters though.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Basically what I said. Now I think that it should be where you choose a class and you auto go to level 60 (cause no one wants to pvp at a low level) and then just go at it. We could make it like arena where you can duel, free for all, deathmatch, and maybe a few other game modes like Capture the Flag and things of the sort. Now you can always change your class at will, just not in games.
Almost what I meant but no, its a seprate server from the current one but not an arena server. Its still a survival, just with only pvp.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Its okay, something good is coming!

(People know what i am talking about)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I wish for like 2 weeks the map could be like in Bastion where there was no PVE and just see how people react to it now, because none of the new players have gotten any of the excitement that was on those maps. PVP everywhere but graveyards and spawn, towns filled with traps, losing items on death, and always PVP on east road and other places around the map. The old gold currency system was amazing and much better btw

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
I wish for like 2 weeks the map could be like in Bastion where there was no PVE and just see how people react to it now, because none of the new players have gotten any of the excitement that was on those maps. PVP everywhere but graveyards and spawn, towns filled with traps, losing items on death, and always PVP on east road and other places around the map. The old gold currency system was amazing and much better btw
It wouldn't hurt to give this a trial run *wink* *wink*

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
It wouldn't hurt to give this a trial run *wink* *wink*
No

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
why no? wouldn't you like to see what Herocraft was in it's glory days when there was over 100 active DEDICATED people on, not just random noobs atm flooding from technic? Many of the problems such as camping from those maps are blown out of proportion and really were not that bad. Those were the good times.